PoP crafting line

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Soara2, May 20, 2018.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

The harvest bag is nice. But that's pretty much the only thing worth doing the timeline for on alts, in my opinion.
    Cyrrena, Xianthia and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Svenone Well-Known Member

You know that the crafting line was delayed because they decided it wasn't fun and had to redo it, or so the devs said. If that is the case, imagine how much worse it would have been! On the other hand, maybe it would have been what we were expecting and wanted, but the dev decided that they had a "better way". Personally, I hate the time requires for the new quest crafting times, and the insta kill (whether naked, or raid geared, or anywhere in between) just sucks. Spending 5 minutes to craft ONE item, assuming that you are good at your reaction buttons, (without potions to speed them up) is right up there in the torture department. If the devs want to kill off the game, they scored a home run with this change!
    Quillyne, Zorash and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Karamella Well-Known Member

The first time I did the TS timeline on Thurgadin my main died a lot of times. It took a while to finish it, at some points I wanted to skip the whole timeline. And when I finally got my reward I swore to do it never again.

But what should I say, after the first complete run without a single death on Maj'Dul I did the timeline another 9 times and will do it again with my other Thurgadin alts once they hit lvl 100.

I admit there are timelines, be it crafting or adventure, which are way more fun. But honestly I always had my moments here and there, getting frustrated while stuck in a signature like I'm right now at the PoP sig. Perhaps it's just too complex for my simple mind :D
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The familiar is not shabby at all. The bag is awesome.
    Cyrrena, Sigrdrifa and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Zorash Member

Raid dev couldn't think of how to insert a gear check in the middle of the combine. Had to slow progress to a crawl and dump a ton of Reactions into the mix to compensate.

Just think what he will do with the upcoming "Tradeskill" Signature Quest....
    Quillyne, Argosunited, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  6. Gneaux Active Member

I'll be honest here. I play this game mostly tp craft now and this is the very first expac since launch I have not even tried the sig line because the rewards to me are totally just not worth the time and aggravation. I can actually go out and harvest the mats I need and grind all my toons to 110 via writs, and as tedious as that is,, I'd much rather do that then put myself through this horrendous "tradeskill" (cough cough) timeline
    Quillyne, Soara2, Argosunited and 2 others like this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The first time I went through the TS timeline, it was a giant PITA because it was simply unlike anything we'd had to do before. I've now done it on 5 or 6 toons and, while still annoying, I know what to expect and can move through it. That said, some of the particular instances are problematic. The rewards aren't that bad and the Tome of Planes isn't something to sneeze at, although I never see that mentioned as a reward item. What I am finding is that the TS dailies/weekly really don't motivate me to run them. Sorry, but advanced TS books are about as useful as...well, can't think of anything. The weeklies are hardly any better incentive because they seldom reward anything I don't have already. Now, if you had a random drop of a pair of ice cleats to help you run through the Torden "Lightning Strikes" or something remotely useful to a crafter, I might get interested again. Right now, the only thing I see is status points that I can actually use, which is hardly an inviting offer to keep running them.
    Quillyne, Soara2, Grimm and 1 other person like this.
  8. Sogapa Active Member

Frankly, it's so fast to level while doing the crafting timeline, it's worth doing at least until you reach 110, tons faster and far fewer commons required to go from 100-110, at least for those who have not leveled tradeskills yet. I only had the patience to do the long grind from 100-110 on one toon and have started the ts timeline on 3-4 now just to get to 110.

I did finish it on one toon, mainly because I wanted the upgraded tome. I do agree that there should be a more crafter friendly end reward since it is a crafting questline, but the questline was by no means difficult. I died once my first time through (which was the toon I completed it on) and that one death was because I forgot to pay attention. The quest is interesting and fun, at least the first time through. The combines are annoyingly long, but really that's the only glaring issue I have with it.
    Sigrdrifa and Xianthia like this.
  9. Sogapa Active Member

double post cause server timed out on me
  10. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Part 4 was pure torture as I did on my sk. Part 5 was the only so called fun one. At least for me. The rest of mine finished part 3 and quit
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have only done one and I am having trouble motivating to do the other 19. *shrugs* Some day I guess "SOON" *giggles*
    Blazen likes this.
  12. Gudum Active Member

Familiar is actually a bit disappointing if you have the familiar from beta, since you can't use both at the same time, and they basically give the same buffs. As far as I can remember, previous beta rewards were not items where you had to choose whether to use the in-game item or the beta item, but where both could be used at the same time, and the beta reward had some additional benefit that could not be obtained anywhere else (such as a few years ago where the only modifier for experimenting was from a beta reward, nothing in-game gave you that buff).

The Tome of the Planes recipe is nice, IF you are adventure level 110, but at lower level its totally useless.

The bag is nice, but for that alone I just haven't felt like spending the time to get it.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I did beta on many toons, but not all, for the ones that don't have the beta familiar they all use the sig line one. Even some of the characters that have the beta one are now using sig line one. /shrug The bag is an addition not a replacement of a slot, that's a fantastic reason to do it. It's personal preferences for sure on what's worth spending time for anyone. For me, it's been worth it to do on every character on every server... really! :)

For those wondering :
    Sig line - \aITEM 1893960566 150157212:Gaggelu Pearwood\/a
    Beta - \aITEM 1406050976 1639832604:Autonomous Assembler\/a
    Rosyposy likes this.
  14. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I'm just not seeing the bag as being needed by myself. I did it for the tome on my 2 main gals but I really hope it doesn't end up being a prerequisite for future stuff
    Svenone and Tkia like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Mine would all kill for that bag as all I mainly do is harvest and craft, but they are not ready for PoP yet even though they are max level crafters, they are not even 100 level adventure. *sighs*
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is no adventure level requirement for the PoP tradeskill timeline.
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

I've done it on all my crafters ;) Some of them are little babies you just gotta be sneaky is all. Which you have to do even on your high level adventurers because they get one shooted too.
    Xianthia and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Soara2 Well-Known Member

If you are on a majdul halls of fate or skyfire I could help you get them to 100. And if you have PoP u could easily take an sk merc to stygian agnostic if they are under level 80 for even faster exp then a PL
    Also totems of the succulent help a ton and have no level requirement
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Adventure level is not required for the tradeskill line, I managed it on low level toons. The PoP tradeskill line does have scary monsters, but you're supposed to evade them, or neutralize them with tinkered objects from a distance. The quest crafting combines are long, but ideally you have tradeskill apprentice for whom you do the little crafting quest, who should be providing you with various potions that will cut down on your crafting times. The ones that are helpful are, in order of usefulness:
    Additionally, after you get through the tradeskill quest line and are doing weekly crafting missions, you can get Limited Potion of Progress (+500 progress for 5 min) as a reward, and those help with daily crafting quests. I noticed yesterday that the Marketplace is now selling crafting progress potions as well, if that floats your boat.
    So, on to the quests.
    A Stitch in Time, Part I: Security Measures is the one most people complain about. You have to pay attention, is all. In the first part of the zone, you have a few aggro mobs, but they are spaced well apart and can be dodged easily. There's only a couple of roamers, and for those you just have to be patient until they path far enough that you can safely get by. You're just harvesting in the front pretty much, and the harvest nodes respawn fairly quickly, so if you have doubts about being able to nab something, bypass it and find another node. Each time I run a new toon through this, I harvest 50 of each component rather than the the quest requires, which allows me to use mass production to make a bunch of the EMD devices all at one go.

The back half of Security Measures has a bunch of mobs you need to neutralize. I start out by neutralizing all the bots I might blunder into, the roamers, and any that are too close to quest update spots. Don't target the bot: instead, ease up until you see its glowing red name just barely, then use the EMD (I put them on my hotbar for ease of use, YMMV).

[IMG]

A Stitch in Time, Part II: Lightning Strikes: no aggro mobs. Evac totems, Gnomish Safety Recaller, the crafting "weapon" evac are all helpful in speeding this up. For the step with the ice block, a cloak with Featherfall (Cloak of the Harvester, for example) allows you to leap from the top of the towers and get to the ground level safely and faster than running back down the ramps.

A Stitch in Time, Part III: From Birth to Tombs: This one does have unkillable aggro imps in the Sol Ro portion. You have to get into their rooms to harvest, and you also have to collect imp poo (this expansion has a strange fascination for poo as a crafting material :p ). Just be patient, watch the pathing, and you can grab your six piles of imp poo. In the Plane of Disease half, there are big bugs that can stun you briefly, but not kill you, and you have an item that zaps them.

A Stitch in Time, Part IV: A Favor of Love: The portion of this one that's in Shard of Hate has unkillable aggro mobs everywhere. They have a very short radius around them in which they might notice you, so just watch pathing and move around them. You need to harvest 50 each of six materials. I dodge into alcoves, jump into flowerbeds, etc. to avoid mobs. If one does aggro, you can run it off, or you can run a bit then use the tinkered feign death item to lose the aggro, but it's better to just be patient and not get aggro.

A Stitch in Time, Part V: Sealed with Hate: In the Molten Throne part of this, there are fairly slow large pathing monsters. Just watch their pathing and stay out of their way. In the Nek Forest part, there are big scary demigods and monsters. They will knock you around but they won't hurt you.

Harvesting can be done safely in many spots in PoP as well:
    • You can do a lot of harvesting just at the Spires with no aggro.
    • If you fly down beneath Khali'Yrzu there's a light blue plateau that has lots of harvestables and no aggro.
    • After that, I fly down a little further west to the archipelago west of Vallation Bay with all the slugs: there is one named slug to watch for, but otherwise nothing is aggro in this area.
    • Metetherial Plains is also pretty good for harvesting, so long as you carefully look at the critters around you. Birds, cats,and the occasional named are aggro, but it's a big, open area where you can see clearly, AND it has a transport pad.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

My least favorite of this timeline is Shard of Hate. I hate it. LOL
    I don't use nearly that many EMDs in Security Measures - right now, I'm using 11 (including the 5 in the final room).