Poor Itemization was the First Clue....

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kittik, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Kittik Well-Known Member

This didn't happen all of a sudden.

The Dev's even knew it was bad and were trying to change their loot bot to spit out gear that would have made more sense. (Apparently they are spending more time trying to figure out how to get a script to itemize loot, rather than spend time itemizing loot...dafuq?)

We all saw the poor itemization of gear drops two expansions ago (not to mention the last TLE) when we had every class in the game (other than tanks) running around in all cloth gear. Even off-tanks swapped to cloth for DPS.

The "tank" gear was fine, maybe OP since it had tanky stats and DPS stats.

So instead of saying "Hey loot bot, scouts get a mix of Haste, Multi-attack, Ability Mod and DPS. Casters get a mix of Cast Speed, Reuse Speed, Ability Mod and Dps. Healers get a mix of Cast Speed, Reuse Speed, Ability Mod and Haste. And Tank should get a mix of Max Health, Mitigation, Haste and Ability mod." That would have been pro-level scripting and gear itemization.

But No.They instead said to the bot "Hey loot bot, make everything **** and only put good stuff on caster gear and then load the rest onto tank gear." Tis what was and has been going on until a few days ago.

A few days ago, they told the loot bot to nix all tank stats and keep the poor gear itemization that has existed since the beginning.

So now, here we are, everyone still has **** to choose from, AND the tanks have been shafted pretty hard.

As for gear progression from heroic to T1, 2 & 3 raids. Who TF knows.
  2. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Tank gear was OP. Tank gear was so OP that scouts/mages/priests were jumping on all the pieces that said "All fighters, All mages, All priests".
    I loved having Mit/CS/Reuse/HA on a lot of pieces. We were strong. I get the nerf.
    But your comment for "everyone still has **** to choose from and the tanks have been shafted pretty hard" has not gone unnoticed. They have made it clear that they intend to pass another run at tank gear and get it sorted out, we just need to give them a few to do it. I will be disappointed in DPG if we hit the 27th patch date and it says "Item B has had it's spelling corrected" and that's our update :)
    I have confidence we will get some gear back and they will provide us with the needed stats to progress through VP and hopefully get to Trak before the next expac comes out.
    We killed Wuoshi for the first time a few days before ROK came out. That's progression!
  3. strabs New Member

tik tok tik tok The Shadow Odyssey is coming