Pointless

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by Wandero, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Eviany New Member

I just LOVE how there is quite some people who reply here basically saying variations of "You are having fun wrong!!!!". I returned to EQ2 for specifically the L&L server too - and do you know why? I am 41. I have a demanding job and 2 kids and do not have the time to grind endlessly through level/gear progression. I did that in EQ1, EQ2 and Rift before i had kids. I raided competetive in EQ2 and Rift. I got my Mythical as one of the first Brigs on my server back then. I do not have to prove to anyone i can rush to level 50. or 90. or 110. or whatever it is. I just want to log in every once in a while and quest a bit and enjoy some good time with people in groups and raids.

I can totally understand if you say "this is not for me". Fair enough. But criticizing others for having fun in a way you do not understand is just shortsighted.
    Lateana, Buggabug, Jaden and 2 others like this.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

Please point out where I criticized anyone or even implied they are "having fun wrong".

What I did point out was the excuse of I don't have the time to grind out the levels. Is a bogus one, because even for the most casual of players it doesn't take much time at all. Pretending it is an endless grind to get to max level and crafting on a fresh TLE server is a ridiculous notion.
    Proto12 likes this.
  3. Poopoo Member

I too felt as though I wasted a Krono on this. But I have a few sitting on my account, so I used one.

This is the stupidest idea of a server. It's worse than live and on live you can do the exact same thing as this dumb idea of a server. I'm thinking the only reason some people think it's fun, is because it's new. But it's not new either...Idk...

Daybreak fails again.
  4. Kenn Well-Known Member

This server is not a stupid idea or a fail, it is a test. Nothing great is created without testing. This server is part of their epic quest.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

I still think Lore & Legend would make a fantastic open PvP server in the not-so-distant future.

Having level ranges on current open PvP servers (you can only attack players within 4 levels, then 6 levels, 8 levels in upper zones, etc) breaks up the entire population. 95% of the server can't help anyone of a different tier, so they begin ignoring the community and world chat altogether.

Plus, locked twinks and mentoring abusers run all the new players right off the server with one-shots and griefing, til every PvP server empties out.

With Lore & Legend, everyone is a geared L90 who is auto-mentored to the exact same level within a zone. It would finally become skill and teamwork that win the fight, instead of ganking, griefing and level locking/exploiting. Latecomers and alt lovers would immediately fit right in, too, and teams lacking class X or Y could quickly whip those classes up in the character creation screen, then join every fight right away. I bet the devs would sell a lot of new character slots on a L&L open PvP server!

After they get Kael's kinks worked out, I sure hope they create a Lore & Legend open PvP server next.
  6. Malachy Well-Known Member

Or they could just add a temporary or permanent PvP flag for members interested on Kael. If they did a completely different server, they'd be better off cutting it at an earlier expansion than DoV when there's a bit more balance in classes and less places to spread out the population.

That said, I've logged onto Kael with 35 people online total using '/who all', non-patch days, Varsoon still 2 months out, so...yeah. I'm hopeful there can be a turn around, but that would require communication about the problems pointed out.
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, the devs would also need to remove Guild Halls, Fast Travel, Flying mounts/leapers, and lock it at RoK or TSO. Good point! But they already do that stuff for every open PvP server, so I doubt it would be a problem. Even geared L70s coming out of the gate with a L70 cap, could still use Kael's mentoring system on a L&L open PvP server. L&L's kinks just need to get worked out first.
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Wow, yeah. I think you're 100% correct. The L&L system would eliminate level and gear disparity in the majority of zones and, for the most part, bring the PVP down to player skill. It'd come down to what expansion do you want to lock it to?
    Siren likes this.
  9. Fikkif Member

Welp....
  10. adaria Member

It was a big flop for me also. no grouping. no progression. no point. anything u can do on this server u can do on live. anyway if you enjoy it thats great. i wasted money subbing for it. too bad i deleted my kaladim toons thinking id need space on this server.........i dont. Im actually stuck killing time on live or restarting on Kaladim, so im just waiting on varsoon. Just wish i hadnt wasted money on it. I guess it served its purpose in getting old players to resub before varsoon came out.
  11. Buggabug Active Member

Like any new server, there are some minor issues that are being sorted out a bit more with each update.
    I absolutely love this server, I'm also quest obsessed and prefer doing things at the appropriate level.
    My biggest issues have been the annoying named campers in places like darklight/timorous many of whom do so afk for the gear drops and I've had to turn off general chat because of the people that log in to just whine about how pointless this server is and get mad at other people saying they are having fun. If it's not for you, there are plenty of other servers to play on.
    As for PVP, while I agree this server model may work well for it, I don't play PVP so I would want it to be optional if it was brought in.
    Jaden and Pharliquin like this.