Please turn Berserker's Open Wounds (lvl 52 special) into something USEFULL

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf, Sep 3, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

It would be great if the berserker's level 52 ancient teaching Open Wounds would not be a totally useless spell once you get the mythical buff.
    I mean, how long does it take nowadays to level from 52 to 80/90? Two or three days? And even if it took as long as in early EQ2 times to level, turning an ancient teaching into uselessness is quite unfair.
    Open Wounds as an ancient teaching is meant to be something special and usefull for the rest of your life, but it gets almost totally useless with the mythical buff (being raid buffed you have 280% haste instead of 240%.... how usefull).
    Make the mythical buff add +10% crit bonus to Open Wounds or whatever.
  2. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

They are supposedly fixing alot of the capped effects next expansion.
    DA, Crit, aoe auto, haste/dps?, etc
    How they fix them so they are uncapped I dont know.
    But brawlers are in the same boat we have an AA called crane flock with 100% DA and 100% aoe auto atk. The DA is already useless and the aoe auto atk is half as effective since after next hotfix brawler will have ~40% base aoe auto atk.
    But it is supposedly on their radar.
  3. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Gungo wrote:
    How can they uncap it?
    Unless they make the DR curve STUPID high, uncapping it will serve NO purpose when people are already hitting 100% on these types of stats.
    Having 100% crit rating or 100% DA makes adding those stats to gear pointless. It makes improving AA choices pointless.
    Put a soft cap of like 60% on it(example value, tweak as needed) and then make the curve so damned steep there's no chance in hell of ever hitting 100% in the near future.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

I dunno just what I heard and from of the posts xelgad made indicated those changes.
  5. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

Gungo wrote:
    I'm rooting for an approach that doesn't set everyone back.
    e.g. 100% DA now = double attack, 200% DA now = double attack
    vs
    100% DA then = double attack, 200% DA then = triple attack
    I hope they don't add another "qualifier" which we all have to keep track of (including the itemization team). Who really wants to juggle double attack gear in game with new triple attack gear all the way from partially geared to fully geared. Opening up the "overflow" of double attack would be easier. Something similar could be done with haste so it adds double attack past a point pushing into triple and quadruple attack or even more flurry for over 130% crit or whatnot...
  6. ARCHIVED-LordSaul Guest

yeah something like overflowing DA into triple attack might work (probably diminishing returns into 3x attack)
    Changing open wounds to potency might work...
  7. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

Or make it hit EIGHT (at least six) targets 360 degree around you. Than it would still be usefull as it currently is even being mythically equipped.
  8. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i've begged them to change it since the mythicals were introduced. maybe someday.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gonzo550 Guest

test changes: double attack to multi attack. This could make open wounds a good ability agan IF they will make it add 100% AE instead of set the base to 100 which it already is
  10. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

we already now have 3 abilities that affect 4 target AE which is the warrior cyclones tree, open wounds and the mythical clicky. it is stupidly redundant.
  11. ARCHIVED-Luag Guest

100% multiattack
  12. ARCHIVED-Praytor Guest

Might be considered OP but how about changing it into a 100% chance for your CA's to AOE? Could even halve the duration and it would still be pretty cool. Our CA's are mostly lame on damage anyway so this could be a way to give it a nice boost.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

Personally I'd like to see Open Wounds boost crit bonus, something like 50%.