Please tell me there is a portal to WL/Skyshrine

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-SiegaPlays, Apr 28, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-SiegaPlays Guest

I hope one of those otherwise "last to even consider making" carpenter items we can now research on the solo mission researcher has the ability to port people to the 1.2 zones from home or even from guild hall.
    Is that so?
  2. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

SiegaPlays wrote:
    I would love to have a crafter made item as a porter to those.
  3. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

can conform the arcane statue has nothing, I'll tell you about the others (except benevolent, I don't have the stuff to craft it) in a couple of days. Niami did craft them all (including raid) on copy though, so if she hasn't say a thing (and she hasn't) then probably none of the statues have an effect.
  4. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

That's a shame. You're basically wasting all that time to spend two more rares to get 500 more status reduction. I don't understand why these are on there or why the benevolent statue takes heroic drops.
  5. ARCHIVED-SiegaPlays Guest

Ok, so travelling to 1.2 will stay a bore.
    I really hoped the carpenter items would have had usefull qualities besides being "expensive" visual fluff.
  6. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

SiegaPlays wrote:
    It is furniture. A ton and a half of carpenters asked for furnture recipes from the apprentices. Try to feel happy that they got what they asked for.
  7. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

SiegaPlays wrote:
    I must not tell lies. ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-arthemis1er Guest

Ring/Spire Reconstruction someday ?
  9. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Meirril wrote:
    I'm happy we didn't get more jewelry to make, but I don't think anyone asked for these overpriced items with nothing special going on. The raid version gives a more reasonable amount of status reduction for the amount of rares used, but it's still the same old thing. If we even had just one item to learn on each TA with some useful effect, it would've been better than what we got.
  10. ARCHIVED-d1anaw Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    I'm happy we didn't get more jewelry too. But not so excited about what we did get. I wish now we could filter out all the jewelry and stuff we don't want to make from our recipe books. I'd like to be able to "hide" some recipes to make going through the book easier, especially since some things have odd/unexpected names for them.
  11. ARCHIVED-ratbast Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    this confuses me also.

it seems incredibly counterintuitive to make fluff items from end-game heroic drops. the formerly colossal researched essences were changed to require a root only. it seems SOE did not learn their lesson.

transportation is a legitimate adventure function. using heroic drops from end-game to make transportation house items makes sense. but NOT fluff. fluff is made from common harvests or rare harvests.

making the deshniak house items port to forbidden city (if you have earned access) would be a nice reward, with a partial gate.

whoever is in charge of the far seas trading company should be assassinated. he fell down on the job. their job is to make new spires and new druid rings to expand their business opportunities. he is holding all of us back. if an actual player ran the FSTC there would already be a spire a the end of withering lands.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kinvore Guest

I'd like to see a carpenter-made item that ports you to either, like the one we had for Stonebrunt before they added in portals there.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gaeablock Guest

They added a port device to the heroic faction merchant for Claws of Veeshan. It's on test, doesn't appear to have been moved to live yet.
  14. ARCHIVED-Puck Guest

I agree with the dissent over the expensive (rares) costs. Not even bothering with these unless I get enough rares I feel like burning them on statues and such.
  15. ARCHIVED-ratbast Guest

Gaeablock wrote:
    yeah i am very happy with soe's decision here. the continual journey is a pain. i love having this unlockable for our effort. further incentive to the grind. further progress of transportation network.
  16. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

ratbast wrote:
    Wait til you find out that there's no way for crafters or solo/duo players to earn Claws of Veeshan faction.
  17. ARCHIVED-SiegaPlays Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Guess I have to learn how to pug and understand loot rules that includes SLR and other odd inventions instead of just NBG.
    Make the faction portal to Skyshrine, the carpenter items portals to Withering Lands (to the craft satyr at Sanctuary of Tears), and a guild amenity for Withering Lands (to New Combine Foothold). A little bit of something for everyone.
  18. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

SiegaPlays wrote:
    It's not all that complicated. NBG comes first, then you might get to roll for alts. After that, you have SLR.
  19. ARCHIVED-SoulExtinguisher Guest

From EQ2 Wire:
    Q: Is there a portal item to travel from my house or guild hall directly to Skyshrine?
    A: Yes. This item may be purchased for 100 platinum pieces from the vendor in the marketplace area (north center) of the old city of Skyshrine. You will need to have opened this portal via completing some of the Heroic Access quests started by Hazrem.
  20. ARCHIVED-Raknid Guest

Protip: I can virtually guarantee you there is at least one house on the leaderboards where a portal has been placed for use. Just scan through them and look for "portal" in the title typically. Much easier than having your own, unless of course you have your own portal and house on the leaderboards.
    Thanks go to Gaeliege on BB for use of his for one. (there are others...I just use his.)