Please stop the bleeding

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Hurtsbad, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Hurtsbad Member

Please DBG,

AB is becoming more and more a ghost town every day. Please merge some servers. You are losing players. The slow trickle to MD has gone on long enough. You sold enough transfer tokens.

Thank you.
  2. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I'm all for you all coming to skyfire
  3. quisling Well-Known Member

"ALL" of us is about 40 people i think...
  4. quisling Well-Known Member

Oh..and having 2 small groups of folks that play at opposite time frames, dont NOT add up to 1 medium sized group, just to try to help the dev's with math..
  5. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I think the largest amount of people I've personally seen showing in Freeport in months is 14, and that was quite a while ago. I'm used to running around in zones where I'm the only person showing now, and that shouldn't be a thing. I think the only other games in worse shape that I've seen in recent years are all older and/or situational. It's sad, but I think nothing will be done about it at this point.
    Tekka, Juraiya, Rhodris and 1 other person like this.
  6. semisus Does not play this game

Its just getting worse and worse, ppl transfering off etc
    I know its summer time and you always loose people but with a low populated servers its just worse
    This server also has the roleplayers/decorators /soloers etc than other servers so if you guys at daybreak just look at how many people are on the server at prime time u should also factor in this
    +++ merge this
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

It would be nice if they did a merge, but they won't and have said so several times. The IOR and Stormhold servers are all but empty and they are just letting those dangle in the wind, so I don't hold out any hope for AB.
    Tekka, Rhodris and Meneltel like this.
  8. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I've seen a range of speculations as to why they won't do it. Some think DBG just doesn't care. Some think DBG thinks it's a waste of money/resources. Some think DBG simply doesn't have enough staff left with the knowledge and time to do it so they can't. It could be any number of things, or combination of things. As the consumer I don't care why they aren't getting it done, only how it effects me.
    Juraiya and Tekka like this.
  9. rutro Well-Known Member

I am hoping the next xpac is named Reboot....nuf said??
  10. Castegyre Well-Known Member

No, and, for the record, it usually isn't when people use that phrase.
  11. rutro Well-Known Member

Define "normal" (for the record)
  12. Tekka Well-Known Member

You define "normal" (for the record) since YOU are the one that brought it up.

I believe you missed the (slight) sarcasm in regard to your use of the 'it was out of date 20 years ago' catch phrase 'nuff said'.

The discussion being had is actually about the drastically depleted (and still shrinking) population of AB, and what can be done - if anything - for those players, and what - if anything - the devs can, or are willing to do from the technical end.

Feel free to join in.