Please stop it with the "Choose a furniture" collectables

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Cusashorn, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The new Visions of Vetruvia Red Shiny collectables.

Each collection from Svarni Expanse, Karuupa Jungle, and Mahngavi Wastes offer a single furniture as a reward.

The one in Forlorn Gist makes you choose between three unique furnitures as a reward, and you have to live with never being able to obtain the other two with that character. Please stop with this. It's like all the collections from Sleepers Tomb and Tears of Veeshan. So many of them have you scroll through a huge list of furniture to choose and you can only choose ONE.

I thought we were past this. Red shinies in particular should not be offering a Choose A Furniture and Lose The Other Choices-type of reward.
    Mermite, Sollemne, Sheyn and 12 others like this.
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

If there are a number of pieces of furniture available, in a collection, they shouldn't be offered for a shiny collection but rather from a repeatable quest. If furniture is offered as a reward, it should be a generic piece that would go with a lot of different furniture styles and it should just be one piece offered. It is frustrating seeing other items we might like to have but can't get.
    Mermite, Sheyn and Twyla like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Rodya in Forlorn Gist ( -244, 14, 125 ) appears to have a range of furniture items. I haven't sat to check them against the collection items.

As usual, Denmum has pics.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

This is not about that at all Sigrdrifa.

this post is about having to choose only one of many items from a collection that you can only finish once.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Well, I am sticking mine on the broker as I have no idea for using the symbols. I do this with a lot of the stuff from the daily/weekly VoV TS missions and from plundered furniture in H1s. So that's one way you can get others.

Also, along the way somewhere we often get either a vendor selling these more difficult-to-get items, or we get crafting recipes for them. Who knows what Denmum has in mind for the future?
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

In beta the reward was 1 red symbol, and when she mentioned that was wrong and it's actually 3 different symbols we'll be getting, different colors and shapes, I imagined we'll be getting 1 of each. And honestly that would be better than what it is now.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  7. Vichane Well-Known Member

I've put forth the idea of a collection merchant with all the house items over the years from collection items for the decorators/rpers/tradeskiller people. Hopefully we will see these rewards (which I didn't even think about when I was asking for it) implemented on the merchant if the devs decide to be nice to us.