Please remove Shark Fin from game.

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Thibor24, Sep 30, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Lydiaele Guest

I can't believe I never noticed this thread before. The people still posting arguments against the OP are almost as funny as the OP itself. Curb your impulses...
  2. ARCHIVED-Truls Guest

Shush ... just sit back and enjoy it :-D. It's a good source of amusement lol.
  3. ARCHIVED-Trapfinder_Bracegirdle Guest

[/p][p]I'm a VEGAN and I love killing fairies! I think it's that little scream when they finally hit the ground that pleases me the most.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-UlteriorModem Guest

[p] Better late than never ?[/p][p]Long live the virtual shark !!![/p][p]I roleplay my ranger and actually try to avoid encounters with some wildlife, bears and such but I dont avoid any virtual fish... LOL[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

and people think I complain about stupid things...
  6. ARCHIVED-StrollingWolf Guest

...resisting the urge to lock...
  7. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

please don't. Resistance is futile :D
  8. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Oh, please don't! It's the most completely worthless, never-quite-made-necro-status thread in all of Tradeskills! It's infamous and iconic! We have so very little to amuse us!
  9. ARCHIVED-Myedved Guest

[p]Be careful what you ask for. On the same patch day where SOE removed shark fin soup from the game, they'll introduce ...[/p][p] New Carpenter Item : The "Veal Farm" housing item![/p][p]Only usable in housing with a basement, place your "Veal Farm" in the lightless cramped basement and watch the plat pour in! 4 Baby cows are produced everyday, which you then slaughter on your elaborate woodworker table for a feast of tender meat that will delight the palate. Keep an eye out for the "goose force feeding" plugin available in Unrest, the "Fowl Grau Feeder Tube", and double your profits![/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Tokamak Guest

[p]You are only allowed to lock this thread if you first do both of the following[/p][p]1) Make tradeskills exciting again[/p][p]3) Halt the fishing of endangered species for specious reasons[/p][p]b) Cure my hangover [/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Pengefinchess Guest

the only valid reason for killing animals is if they are dangerous..or delicious :p
  12. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Oh, good, I can totally justify the moose in my freezer! Clicky
  13. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

Considering the animal cruelty (befriending then killing a dog for betrayal) and drug references (bag of the "good stuff" TS item) I am not surprised that have the shark fin in game, but I doubt the Dev who put it in even knew what it was, probably only heard of it somewhere. There used to be a kitten you had to kick to get a mob to spawn in an instance in Sinking Sands, that was changed but nothing else has been, the moral and ethical decline of this game is disheartening. None of these things add to the game, they are all easily replaced by something less offensive, or even (/gasp) non-offensive. I see no reason why animal cruelty or drugs need to be a part of this game, surely there are better options.
  14. ARCHIVED-Pengefinchess Guest

[p]ppl from UK at least will know the phrase "IT's A PUPPET!!"[/p][p]"its a game" "its not real"[/p][p]Its escapism, dont shoehorn the real world into here - this is a RPG.[/p][p]It wasnt a kitten.. it was an old mangy, blind cat that u kicked into the water to put out of of its misery to be quickly eaten by a crocodile..the cats revenge was that u got the worst evr piece of armour from killing the croc :)[/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

Unfortunately I missed that quest. Never got to kick that cat. :(
  16. ARCHIVED-Pengefinchess Guest

it was in the vault of dust i think (long time ago) was replaced by "kick the bucket"!! How disrespectful is that? shame on u Dev who changed that quest to a (UK at least) euphamism 4 suddenly dying :p
  17. ARCHIVED-JeffBship Guest

[p] Oh come now...[/p][p]I've killed tons of things for all kinds of reasons. When I was a kid my friend and I caught a salamander and disected it to see what it looked like inside. Once my grandmother had me hunt down a raccoon that kept tearing through her garbage (made a nice coonskin cap...which was the in thing back then). Oh, and one time I shot a bird with a slingshot that kept sitting on a tree limb that was right over where I liked to park my wagon.[/p][p] The glories of a misspent youth :)[/p][p] [/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Nah, it only counts if you eat 'em :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Celena Guest

[p]/giggle[/p][p]I love coming back to this thread every now and again to read it.[/p][p]/eats sharkin soup with a glass of mental core breach[/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-mellowknees72 Guest

[/p][p]Seriously?[/p][p]It's a GAME. And a FANTASY game, at that. Who's to say there are not enchanted shark fins just be-bopping around by themselves. And who's to say that the rest of the shark didn't get eaten by something else? In EQ1, I fished sandals constantly, but it never occurred to me that I was fishing them off of someone's FEET.[/p][p]While I agree that in REAL LIFE, I abhor this practice...in REAL LIFE I would also never run around with swords tied to my hips, wave my hands around to heal myself, and kill centaurs.[/p][p]It's a GAME, it's PRETEND...if you're this concerned over pixelated shark fins, perhaps a game where KILLING STUFF is a means to get experience is just a tad too heavy for you?[/p]