Please remove roots from ToT Bushes Loot table

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by mitsybitsy, Dec 13, 2016.

1. mitsybitsy Member

as the rare food has been out for a while now can we please take the roots of the fungal outgrowth Rare loot table.

getting 1 rare food every 2 to 2.5 hours is a complete kick in the teeth but then im getting 150 roots in that time also.

so i and others im sure Plead with you to take deepstone root out of the fungal outgrowth Rare loot table.
    Poetic_Justice likes this.
  2. Outlaw New Member

Remove roots from all Bushes and add the rare food items to an appropriate chance level (gee, maybe like the roots were?)

This should have happened a LONG time ago.
  3. Arieva Well-Known Member

Yes please!
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I agree with needing to put more food rares into bushes, roots can go back to root nodes. Maybe root nodes should get the rare root chance upped if anyone feels the need for more roots.
  5. Alakazou Member

Yes please!!! You also did the correction in previous expensions, not sure why it is still in ToT
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

You do realize that the victory nuts and battle plantains are ultra rares, not at normal rare-rates on the ToT nodes, right? Even if the roots are removed you won't harvest any other rares from that node at a faster rate. Are you sure that is what you want?
    Shmogre likes this.
  7. Outlaw New Member

Actually, not sure they need to be ultra rare or even if they were meant to be ultra rare...can't see the reason myself.
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

While there are many people who don't want them to be ultra rare, it can safely be assumed that dev knows that they are indeed ultra-rare. Considering the other 3 threads that are exactly the same as this one created over the last 13 months since those nodes were introduced I'd also say that dev isn't likely to change its mind.
  9. Shmogre Well-Known Member

One thing to note: "ultra rare" doesn't refer to the frequency of the harvest in this case, but rather to the classification - ultra-rare harvests are special rares that require the Far Seas Harvest Technique (like the Shadeweave Buds in Obulus) and it seems that increased rare harvest chance doesn't apply to them (please correct me if I'm wrong).
  10. Meirril Well-Known Member

I don't believe it has anything to do with the Far Seas Harvesting Technique. Let me try to explain harvesting. This is probably going to be complicated and rather longer than I like.

When you click on a node several checks happen. The first check seems to be a flat roll to see if you get an ultra rare instead of a regular harvest. It seems plausible that if a node has multiple ultra rares that it could roll against each separately, or they could be on an "ultra rare table" for the node. All the normal harvesting nodes in the game can produce spellshards and foundations. The ToT food rares fall into this category too.

If you do not get an ultra rare a check is made for Rare Harvest Chance. If this succeeds you make a roll against the RHC table for this node. That usually results in 1 or 2 rares, but can result in rare + common harvests as well. If RHC is failed then a roll is made against the player's skill. If the result is higher than the minimum to harvest the node then a roll is made on the bonus harvest table. If the result is lower than the minimum skill required by the node a roll is made on the normal table for the node. Honestly being on the bonus table mostly results in more common harvests. Yes you get more rares on the bonus table, but its such a small chance at T8+ that it will be completely outweighed by Rare Harvest Chance.

Several nodes have quest drops. Sometimes those drops replace normal harvests (treat them like ultra rares), others act as a bonus. Ethereal Lumber is a good example, it seems to be a straight 50% chance of getting one as a second rare anytime the node drops a rare wood.

And then there is a check against Bonus Harvest to see if the entire process is repeated again. In the case of Ultra-Rare items this effectively doubles your chances simply because you are harvesting twice on a single pull.
    Thilka and Shmogre like this.
  11. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Apologies all, I was confusing the rare food items with the spellshards/foundations. The spellshards, foundations, and shadeweave buds are the ones that require the Far Seas Harvesting Technique, and as Meirril explained above, the Rare Harvest Chance does not affect them but Bonus Harvest does.

Thanks for straightening my ogre brain out, Meirril. :oops:

(And thank you DenMum for your awesome pages on harvesting and nodes and all things tradeskill.)
  12. Meirril Well-Known Member

As far as I know Far Seas Harvesting Technique doesn't help with harvesting. What it does is let you see the rare node in Tranquil/Phantom sea, and Shadeweaver Buds in OF. I think I herd some vague mutters that it might be broken in respect to the TS/PS nodes.
  13. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Right, FSHT doesn't help with harvesting, but makes the ultra-rare harvests possible. Are the spellshards and foundations not the ones that require the tradeskill prestige ability?

How are the TS/PS nodes are broken? End-game harvesting is breaking my brain. o_O
  14. Wurm Well-Known Member

And to be clear... before the "fix" you could double harvest the buds.

*edit* And to be even clearer, I support the OP 100% the roots have got to go.
  15. Meirril Well-Known Member

Ultra rare harvests don't have anything to do with Far Seas Harvesting Technique. Actually you can get Ultra Rare harvests without even having the skill to get normal rares at a node.

Far Seas Harvesting Technique lets you see harvesting nodes that would otherwise be invisible to you. This includes the rare crystal node in PS/TS, and now the Shadeweaver Buds in OF. When the change was made to include Shadeweaver Buds some people said it broke the ability to see the crystal nodes in PS/TS. No idea if this is true, but I'm passing on the report.
    Shmogre likes this.
  16. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Thank you for that, Meirril...much appreciated!
    Dude likes this.
  17. Wurm Well-Known Member

Did a run the day before yesterday while yacking with Shmorge,

33 roots 4 Battle Plantain 3 Victornut

Would have kept at it but 3 or 4 others came down there to harvest so I left.
  18. Poetic_Justice Member

I just noticed this myself and I'm swearing up and down! I cannot for the life of me EVER get a rare from the fungal outgrowth other than the stupid deepstone root. I've gotten the food rares twice in the three weeks. I went back to the old zones and just harvest there. Its almost impossible to ever get food rares. Disheartening say to the least.
  19. Meirril Well-Known Member

Maybe if you read the stuff I posted above you'd realize what is going on.
  20. Cylinia New Member

I have to agree with Mitsy & Outlaw.....I harvest ALOT when I am not decorating & would also like to see the rare roots taken out of the bushes... this should have been FIXED a LONG TIME AGO... bushes = food harvests/rares....roots = root harvests/rares...
    Please please fix this...this is a long time coming...
    & the ratio of harvest rares/ultra-rares in TOT fungal outgrowths is ridiculous &
    how come there is not a regular rare for TOT fungal outgrowth if there is an "ultra-rare" ??
    the battle plaintains & victor nuts are such a pita to get...you can go to all the lower zones & harvest food rares ALOT easier than TOT...very ridiculous !!