Please Remove EQ2 Players

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-mozart357, Sep 28, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Peogia Guest

If and when they bring the site back it would be nice if they revamped it and gave it a nice 3D theme and vibrance kinda like vista/7 themes but of its own characteristics and style to make it stand out
  2. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Peogia wrote:
    I'd settle for plain text with accurate info. lol.
  3. ARCHIVED-mozart357 Guest

Isulith wrote:
    Okay--I've been sidetracked in real life for a bit.
    I made one further attempt to change my settings and could not get it to work. I did as you instructed earlier and submitted a ticket.
    I was informed by Customer Service that the EQ2Players website is no longer covered.
    I am requesting an escalation and using this thread as a reference.
    I will keep everyone appraised of the results.
    111022-000600
  4. ARCHIVED-Cutharie Guest

I had no problems with eq2players until I created a Freeblood character. After I created a Freeblood character, I began to experience the same problems as many others: I could view my toons' profiles if I was not logged in, but if I was logged in, I could not.
    After reading the suggestion that it could be related to having a Freeblood on the account, I purchased a race change potion and changed her race to Arasai.
    I can now access my toons' profiles when I am logged in and tinker with the privacy settings (I prefer to have my profiles visible only to my guildmates).
    I believe very strongly that the issue has to do with Freeblood not being recognized as a valid race by eq2players.
  5. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

I never had any issues whatsoever logging into eq2players and seeing my toons until I made a Freeblood character. for some reason the Freeblood character is what appears to be causing issues. I can log into another acct that does not have a Freeblood fine but ever since adding a Freeblood to my main acct it will not let me see any of my toons on that acct.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

I have not been able to access any of my characters on EQ2 Players ever since the server merges. When I log in to my profile, I'm showing double names for each of the characters that I had while still on Kithicor server. When I do a search for those character's names, they are listed as being both on Kithicor and on Butcherblock. When I try to go to a profile of one of my characters, I either get a black screen, or I get "an error has occured". Several characters had their information set to private, and while I can "get" to their profile while not logged in (and get the "private" screen), I cannot "get" to their profile while logged in to change the settings.
    I changed the race of one of my characters to a Freeblood a couple months ago, but I was experiencing these problems well before that. This has been ongoing ever since the merger.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

It gets worse.

You remember how this time when the server merges happened, they decided that people actively playing a character would get dibs on the name over an inactive character? Well that worked in game but not on EQ2Players.

Take for example this character: Roxie of Butcherblock.

As you can see this is a level 90 illusionist on Butcherblock named Roxie. I know this person. I've seen them log in. They are in fact the REAL Roxie of Butcherblock. But go to everquest2.com and search for Roxie on Butcherblock. You'll find Roxie on Butcherblock but it's a level 27 ranger. Yes, there are TWO characters named Roxie on Butcherblock according to EQ2Players.

It looks like for anyone who merged in and got to keep their name over someone else on the merged in server, the other character keeps the address (http://everquest2.com/Servername/Charactername/), at least until the other character logs in and gets prompted to change their name. It could be that after that happens it would fix itself but the whole reason people got to keep their names was because people no longer play the other characters.

Without going to a person's guild and finding their character information in the xml or csv guild roster, I'm not sure it's even possible to get to characters like this on EQ2Players.
  8. ARCHIVED-Netty Guest

I cant understand why ppl bother with this? Who cares if ppl can see what toons that are yours? Are ppl really acting so bad on some toons and there for want to hide it? If your friends are looking you up all the time well maybe its time to get new friends. Since that is stalkers to me.
    This is a great tool for ANYONE that are running a guild. We have had some problems in the past with a few ppl that got kicked from the guild and later on trying to aply with a diff toon. Its easy to look it up this way. And everone should show imo. What is it ppl are so afraid off so they have to hide ? If anything they should make so you cant be private on it. Since that way everyone would know what ppl that are acting like tools all the time.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Netty wrote:
    Lets say you're a guild leader of a large guild. On occasion, you want a break from being the guild leader and just want to play without getting tells from guild members, having to deal with guild stuff, etc. So you create a new character that isn't in the guild and decide to make it hidden on the website so people don't bug you when you're trying to take a break.
    But you can't do that because the website is broken. Just an example of why people may want to hide their alts. I don't hide any my own but I can see why someone would want to.
  10. ARCHIVED-Netty Guest

Dethdlr@Butcherblock wrote:
    And as i said my friends and the ppl i play with are not stalkers. Why on earth would ppl looking around for other friends alts and so on to bug? I have many toons that arnt in the guild and ppl never bother me when im on them. So no i dont see your point and i never will. And as i said if ppl want to hide their alts so badly its something wrong. Look at it from my side instead. What if you get ppl in that you know are bad ppl and will be bad for the guild... I like the public of everyone on that site just to prevent that.
  11. ARCHIVED-ratbast Guest

I also starting having this issue just after I created my first freeblood (february), at the time I was fully convinced this was the issue, and it even displayed funny-something like unknown race (19). This is ridiculous. I'm almost to the point of demanding a name change potion for every single toon I have before renewing my subscription (my 12 month sub expires in november). I want privacy, this website is supposed to provide it, it hasnt for a very long time. I actually contacted customer support (feb or march) to have all my accounts alts hidden. The problem I have now, is that I created a new toon last month. Apparently my hidden status doesnt apply to new toons. appropriate solution: immediately take down eq2players profiles, send email to players when admin is fixed, restart eq2players 1 week after admin email goes out. FIX THE FREEBLOOD! website is not necessary. privacy is. privacy's sum utility is not to simply hide evil, it does other things that law abiding ppl want too. there is a reason we use handles and avatars. we arent all a bunch of axe murdering robbers are we? what kind of person would hide behind a username like 'netty'? maybe a cannibal... decent ppl would use their RL names (and list address, phone number) of course, not hide behind 'netty'.
  12. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Netty wrote:
    I used it to see whether or not I was still #1 bruiser on Guk for quests, how many rares I had harvested, my number of discos, things like that. It was useful for that sort of information. I'd like to be able to access that again.
  13. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Netty wrote:
    So, say you're a guild member of a large guild. Someone in guild chat starts having a fight with another guild member. They're going after one another pretty bad. No guild leaders or officers are online. A concerned guild member decides to see if they can track down a guild leader or officer by looking on the website for their alts. They find them and bug them with guild drama which is exactly what they are trying to take a break from.
    The fact that you have many toons that "aren't in the guild" says to me that you don't devote 99% of your time to a single guild. If you did, you might understand that when that's the case, people rely on you for a lot of guild responsibilities. Sometime, people want to take a break from that, even if it means bad things take place in their own guild in thier absence.
    To be honest, it strikes me as kind of odd that you're so concerned that you can see other people's alts because you don't want "bad ppl" in your guild, but you have many toons that aren't in your guild. If you're so concerned with who is in your guild, why don't you want your own alts in there?
    And I believe you when you say that you don't see may point and never will. You come across as someone who has their own opinion and believes that it is correct no matter what other people say. Even if others can come up with a legitimate reason that goes against your opinion, that doesn't matter, because other's opinions don't matter, only your own. Forget about listening to other opinions and seeing that there may be something that you hadn't considered before, it's much more fun to just stick with your original thought without cluttering your thought process with what other people sometimes have to deal with.
    Enjoy your tunnel vision of the world. :)
  14. ARCHIVED-mozart357 Guest

Netty wrote:
    The demand for privacy is greater than the demand for open information. If you want your information available for everyone, go for it. The rest of us want to be able to make the choice for ourselves or to regulate our own information.

It's also not good to give someone a service and then not maintain it.
  15. ARCHIVED-Netty Guest

Lets see i have 10 toons + in the guild atm and around 5 unguilded or in alt guilds. You are for sure one of the ppl that are acting up bad i can see it in the way you defend this. If there is a fight about something or what ever in our guild we take it up on the forum. We are not a guild of 10 year olds as yours sems to be. You are digging to deep in something that isent there.
    You can complain all you want. You are 100% the same yes i have my opinion as you have yours and i dont see you backing down. If you dont act up bad you have nothing to fear for others looking you up so i dont see the problem at all.
  16. ARCHIVED-Trynt Guest

Offering something that doesn't work is dumb, regardless of how some would like to try justifying it.
  17. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Netty wrote:
    As I said before, none of my toons are hidden. And no, we don't have this problem in my own guild. For that matter, we've used the EQ2Players website in the past to find alts of people who had been previously kicked from the guild that were trying to get back in (btw, we've had to kick exactly 1 person in the six years our guild has been around, and that person didn't even last 30 days).
    The fact that *I* don't use the privacy features doesn't mean there aren't valid reasons for others to do so. I've given you two examples of cases where others may want to use them but you don't seem to see them as valid reasons. I've known people in the past who were basically being cyberstalked in EQ2 by ex-boyfriends/ex-girlfriends/ex-spouses/etc. and used the privacy settings to keep these people from harassing them. Sure there are other things that can be done in those situations like trying to get them banned, filing charges, restraining orders, stop playing EQ2, etc. But instead of all those other options, a simple setting on a website and a name-change and everything was fine. At least it was, before the website broke.
    But why give people the option of privacy, regardless of their reasons, when that might interfere with your recruiting methods? Like you said, if they're not doing anything bad, then obviously there's no valid reason for them to want to hide, right? :)
  18. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

Trynt wrote:
    Oh, it's 90% broken to heck, no way to argue against that. But, some parts of it work. It does provide some usefull information. I would argue that taking it down, removing that 10% of remaining function, would be dumb.
    Obviosuly the smart move, is to... I don't know... Fix it?
  19. ARCHIVED-Trynt Guest

Ynnek@Kithicor wrote:
    That was my point in the first place. Some of these apologists arguing for the broken status quo must like to read their own posts as some kind of ego boost or something. There's no valid reason to endorse the awful condition of the website.
  20. ARCHIVED-Netty Guest

And how often do ppl get stalked? I have never ever heard about that. And its not only about ppl you have kicked from the guild. Its about some ppl that you dont want to have in your guild aswell. This site is usefull for the most. And i loved the leader boards myself. I think its bs tho that some ppl are hiding just for that reason of it. How many get stalked in this game really? Not many... We have been kicking ppl and avoid taking in some ppl that are really a drama feast from the guild, Im not sure how many times. Just since they would ruin the rep of the guild just having them there. So yes i still think eq2players should stick. And that you shouldent be able to hide from it. Saying that there are so many that get stalked by old boyfriends/girlfriends is abit silly tho. Since if they do... Have a dev change their names or what ever? And if they are still in the game how hard is to to just look them up if they are really getting stalked? I mean come on.