Please Remove EQ2 Players

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-mozart357, Sep 28, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Zhadowsee@Antonia Bayle wrote
    I'd be interested in reading the post where SOE stated that there was no way to update any information at this time. I started a thread HERE about eq2players.com over a year ago and have had several red name responses but never one stating any such thing.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Zhadowsee@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    eq2players.com does not display any personal information about you so just stop with the ridiculous comparisons.
  3. ARCHIVED-mozart357 Guest

The comment about SOE not being able to update information was mentioned earlier in this thread. A simple search among these forums will show other players making similiar claims as well.

@Lempo--I never said EQ2Players.com reveals personal information. I am, however, ascertaining that there are other elements that SOE oversees--some of which include the welfare of our personal information--which may be bugged just as the web site is. For example, what they once thought to be an up-to-date security system was exploited in May of this year. Thousands of people had their personal information compromised. They may disagree that such concerns are ridiculous. If they can't maintain a website, then what else are they not maintaining?

@Those who claim IE9 (etc) is allowing their profiles to be managed... I would like to know if there are any Freeblood characters on your account. I was discussing this with a friend last night and their specs are the same. They have two accounts, and they noticed they could update privacy settings on their account where they made no Freeblood characters. However, their main account, which have a couple Freeblood characters, will not allow them to update their character profiles, and pulls up the Error screen.

I'm a "repeatable results" kind of guy, so I don't want to point to one example and draw conclusions off of that. If we can show a potential source of a problem that may take a few minutes to fix, then SOE may be encouraged to address it and preserve their budget.
  4. ARCHIVED-NEROLATHE Guest

Hmm, I doubt it's the browser..I'm running Chrome 15.0.874.81 on Vista SP2 x64 (Also tested with 13.0.782.215 on XP SP2 x86) and I could admin my characters on my main account, which doesn't even have freeblood access. But, I went to try to admin my secondary account's which has freeblood characters and it just shows the background with a random white box.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Hmm... You know, I have two Freeblood characters on my account, and if I remember right I first noticed this problem when I went to go update one of their character screens, shortly after making the first...
  6. ARCHIVED-Isulith Guest

Hey there Zhadowsee, I wanted to check myself to see if there was a problem with EQ2 Players and being able to set up a character's own anonymity on the site. I tested it by doing the following steps:

1. Using Google Chrome v.14.0.835.186 m (for Windows XP SP3), I went to www.everquest2.com.
    2. I entered in the name of the character that I wanted to change the privacy settings on and clicked the search button.
    3. When the list came up, I selected the exact character that I wanted. Their information was then presented to me.
    4. I clicked "Log in to your profile" at the very top of the page and logged in with the same username and password that I use for the game itself.
    5. The page refreshed and a new tab opened up in the middle and to the right. This is the Admin tab. I clicked it and set my character to be visible only to my guild mates. I made sure to click the "save permissions" button. I was given a confirmation message that my settings had been saved.
    6. I then logged out and searched for my character again. When I clicked on the character name, it told me that the character's preferences had been set to private.
    If you are experiencing something other than this, I believe you will need to talk to Customer Service. Please also post further details here if you would like. While I know there are some other things going on with EQ2Players, setting your character's privacy settings should not be one of them. If you can submit a ticket if it is a problem however, we will do all that we can to fix it.
  7. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

Isulith,
    Try your steps in Internet Explorer. They don't work. IE is still the majority of web browsers and it saddens me when I see some one post a test like this in something that isn't the standard.
    For the record, once you log in on IE, the page refuses to load due to errors and you can't get to the admin tab. I did this in IE 8 and IE 9.
    Chrome and Firefox do not seem to have this issue.
  8. ARCHIVED-Isulith Guest

vexrm wrote:
    I tried the same steps with a different browser (Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702) and it worked exactly the same way. What version of IE are you using?
  9. ARCHIVED-Aganon Guest

Isulith wrote:
    For about the last year, every time I try to go into one of my characters I get a blank screen with nothing but the background image showing. I get the same blank screen in FireFox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari. This is NOT a browser problem.
    I used to go in and view my leaderboard rankings and set privacy on without any problems. Now I cannot do it no matter how I try to access any of my character pages.
    If you look at the source of the page, it simply stops well before it lists any information. Perhaps it works with some accounts or perhaps it works with new players but I have seen several other people complain about the same thing.
    I agree with the OP .. if you cannot fix it and will not support it, take it offline!
  10. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

I'm using 9.0.8112.16421 and 8.0.7600.16385. It's been this way for a while. It hasn't overly bugged me. As long as I'm not logged in I'm fine. If I'm logged in I can view characters that aren't mine, but the moment I go to my characters... well you get the link below.
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/vexrm/eq2.jpg
  11. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

vexrm wrote:
    I get the same exact thing in Firefox 3.6.2.2 and Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.19120.
    It looks like there's a bug in the page that only occurs when you're logged in. Looking at the page source, it looks like 196 lines get output and then it stops. For me, it's when it's building the chatbarfloater section and cycling through my characters. It gets to my zerker and spits out "Barbarian Berserke" and then stops. That's all that makes it to my browser.
    Since it seems to crash on my fourth character, it's possible that it doesn't do this if you only have three or less on your account. Seems odd, but it's possible I guess.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Isulith wrote:
    Isulith, do you happen to have a Freeblood character on your account at all? It was mentioned earlier, just looking to see if that's really related to the bug people are coming across at all.
  13. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

Freeblood is an interesting idea. I have one.
  14. ARCHIVED-mozart357 Guest

Isulith wrote:
    Isulith,

Thank you for taking time to address this. Let me report my results based on your direction:

1. I am using Chrome v.14.0.835.202 with Windows XP
    2. I entered the name of my character I wanted to change and hit the search button
    3. The information for the character was presented to me after I clicked the name when the list came up
    4. At the very top of the page I logged into my User Profile
    5. The page did NOT refresh. Instead it went to the home page (www.everquest2.com). At this point, I search for my character, get the list, and select the character I want to manage. However, upon selecting the character I get the page that says "An Error Has Occured."

I even tried again using a different link to log in to my profile. Instead of going to the top of the page, I went to "My Profile" near the title of the page. Under the drop-down list, I selected "Log in to your profile..." The error was recreated.

I'll put in a ticket to Customer Service per your guidance. However, if you refer to the link I originally posted, you'll find a member of SOE stating that this page is no longer supported by Customer Service.

I will keep you updated.
  15. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Dethdlr@Butcherblock wrote:
    I've just re-created the exact same error in the following browsers:
    • Google Chrome 14.0.835.202 m
    • Firefox 3.6.23
    • RockMelt 0.9.64.361
    • IE 9.0.8112.16421
    • MobileSafari whatever version is on my iPad
    So.... I'm thinking with that many different browsers exhibiting the EXACT same behavior...... maybe it's not the browser? :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Isulith Guest

Hmm...that is very strange. I am looking into this matter further and will get back to you as soon as I have some more information.
  17. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

Isulith wrote:
    Thank you. The strange thing for me is I can make it work on chrome (just checked), but I can't do it on IE from the same connection.
    Others can't make it work no matter what browser they are using, so I'm special some how? I don't know.
  18. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Just tried the same exact thing from the same exact machine with a DIFFERENT ACCOUNT and it works fine. My other account only has three characters and none of them are freebloods. No clue if that matters, but the page loads fine on one account, doesn't on the other. Same browsers, in both cases.
    It's looking like a server side issue that varies based on the account being used to sign in with.
  19. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

I did a little more looking and it doesn't look like it's loading the right way even when I'm not logged in. Try the following:

• Load up Dethdlr by going to http://everquest2.com/Butcherblock/Dethdlr/
    • Right click and choose "View Source" or "View Page Source" depending on your browser
    • Scroll to the bottom of the source code.
    • See that the page gets chopped off before the ending /body and /html tags
    When I load this up for a character with fewer alts, the page actually finishes loading. Repeat the above steps but use http://everquest2.com/Vox/Roth/ instead. I have no idea who this person is but they only have one alt. The page loads just fine.
    It looks like the page can only handle spitting back so many characters. When you log in, it tries to deliever more content which fills up those characters faster to the point where the page doesn't even manage to load.
    Somebody using too small of a buffer somewhere perhaps? Regardless, definately a server side problem.
  20. ARCHIVED-Vitarga Guest

I am also having an issue with eq2players.

If I am logged into my account, I get an error page when I try to view any of my characters.
    If I logout of my account I can view my characters.

This occurs with IE9, firefox and chrome, all latest builds from each.

This is very agravating, as I can do no account changes to any of my toons.