Please reconsider the decision about harvests.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kalika, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Badwolfe Member

Please can we have the level ranges put back on harvestables. I'll buy you an ale on Brew Day if you do :) .
  2. Shaie Active Member

I agree that it would be much appreciated if they could put back the levels, especially since crafting is still done by levels (at least where I am playing LOL, I do not have a character anywhere near max level at this point). It's confusing not knowing which mats I need until I am ready to craft and then, "Whoops! Need to go back to the bank & switch out mats!"

I've seen some good suggestions for putting levels back - expansion initials, tier levels, even labeling from 1-99 & then no levels on the mats after that. Mine is to put levels back in this manner: 1-9 is labeled 1, 10-19 is 2, 20-29 is 3, etc. That would remove the need for labeling 101-109, etc. It would also give a lot more longevity to future crafting materials. Another suggestion I have is to color code the mats, via a box outline when you mouse over. 1-9 could be white, 10-19 yellow, 20-29 orange, etc.

Another suggestion I have is to do away with the need to have the mats in your bags. If they're in your personal bank, shared bank or harvest depot, you can access them at any crafting station in the world. This would fall nicely in line with removing level numbers since you could access all your mats without having to keep them in your bags.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

Here on the tle we don' t have deposits, we have one in the "guild house' with crafting stations but nobody ever goes there. So most ofus have 1 bag per tier in our bank, Without the level indication things get really confusing.

Wish they had used the same convention for name as for fuel : luminous root, scintillating root. For food or provisionner the food name could be prefixed : luminous aviak meat etc ....
  4. Marae Well-Known Member

Although having everything available from anywhere sounds like a nice convenience, it still doesn't address the issues of where to go harvesting if you need specific materials, and how to sort them for storage them if you don't just dump them all unceremoniously into a depot.

The idea of labeling harvests similarly to fuel isn't a bad idea - although I'm not sure I'd want to eat anything made with luminous aviak meat.... or glowing anything... ;)
  5. ModaanOfTarq New Member

100% agree. I returned to game just over 3 months ago, gone years. I just learned the way harvests were listed (worked) then one day all of a sudden the levels were removed. I has to ask guildies to find out what was going on. As a returning player and someone that loves crafting...this current system for harvestables in game is extremely confusing/frustrating to me.

I don't know what goes to what recipe without having those harvesting levels listed in the description.

Please reconsider and do the right thing, in this players opinion. I know I'm not the only one that's confused/frustrated.

Thank you, friend.
    Oplisha Of AB
    :edit for spelling:
  6. Shaie Active Member

I was more writing toward the TLE to be honest - I had not taken guild houses into consideration because we don't have them there. That still doesn't really work on the normal servers though, I'm not going to take from the guild stash to make items to sell & that's what I do with my crafting (except for furnishings lol). I LIKE your idea though! I hope they're watching these threads & maybe taking some notes...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Roadkillusa Active Member

Why is it possible to have the ts harvest levels sorted in a Personal harvest depot but not while in the node description?
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

What the H*** were they thinking in the first place?? OH! They WEREN'T! Just put the levels back and everyone will be happy. It cant be THAT hard. You want HARD?? Give us LONG HAIR and better clothing. . . No? Then put the levels back then please!
  9. Avithax Well-Known Member

Here's what it comes down to:

A complete and total lack of management that has the ability to make decisions that benefit players over productivity and profits. All it takes is 1 dev to say "Hey, My job would be a ton more efficient if I could remove levels from harvestables" and it's a done deal. The management doesn't want to explain to an investment firm that profits were lowered because they decided to listen to what players wanted.

The current developers know that they're on a sinking ship and they will throw anything overboard to keep it afloat. So when I hear "were removed due to them no longer being accurate in many cases which caused a number of bugs" [Ref] what that translates into for me is "We need to do this to maximize our efforts in needed areas that will prolong the life of the game.

We're up against a human version of the Ferenghi who place profits above all else. I've made my decision to ride downhill snowball because I love Norrath but i'm not disillusioned for a second by the thought that anything a player says here will affect their desire to milk the cow dry.

So go out and enjoy the game knowing we have a good dev team working in our best interests within the parameters they have to work with but in todays economy customer service is an after thought and unless someone with a love of norrath and a ton of money comes along we're all heading to sunset.
    Zynt, Cyrrena, Wulfgyr and 4 others like this.
  10. Miroh Well-Known Member

I agree that this was a a negative change all the way around. There was no point to it. We are either stuck to remembering where these items were harvested or forced to google it. I was trying to help a new player with this and didn't understand why the change. There is nothing, I mean nothing, good about doing this. This is just something else the developers have done to frustrate the players even more. Please revert back to the original descriptions that include the level ranges for use. If there is confusion at higher tiers, then something else should be done instead of removing the level ranges. I'm not a programmer but This made absolute no sense. I believe yall were over thinking a simple issue and borked it all up. Ya'll are thinking of the game strictly through a developers stand point and not a simple player's.
  11. Rosebelle Member

My vote for lvls back, plz
  12. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

PAPER PUSHERS= POWER HUNGRY MONEY GRABBERS
    That's what they have turned into. . . .
  13. FracasKrusher Active Member

PLEASE FIX HARVESTABLES
  14. Crazier Member

really need the levels back on them
  15. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Also, why can't CD harvests be level 111 so they don't get organized in the harvest box as 110, and with the Plane of Magic?
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That was my suggestion.
  17. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I still agree with putting the levels back but I also know that ain't happening.
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Quillyne and 2 others like this.
  18. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Heh, I prob read that from you first, but at the time I hadn't tried to fill up that tier of my harvest box yet.

Since I skipped playing CD, I'm trying to beef up my harvest box and it's really confusing.
  19. Contessia Active Member

I cant stand the removal of what level things are,, I don't know anyone who is good with it,, no one I know likes it at all,,
    if its so impossible to put it back the way it was,, then perhaps make it an option for people like me who cant recall every single tier for every single thing,
    perhaps a huge,, really huge bag for everyone that auto sorts harvest
    who was this change supposed to help?
    eh well just another whisper in the wind.
  20. Ratala Active Member

The deafening silence with this company seems to be a golden rule with them.

Contessia you said "who was this change supposed to help?".....what came to mind was those at Dey Break Games with a god complex.

Over the years I don't know what I would have done without Feldon and Niami's web sites. Niami has a page for nodes and it also tells you what zones you need for each level.

Thank you Feldon and Niami.