Please reconsider the decision about harvests.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kalika, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am positive that there were not as many complaining about 100-120 that warranted this change as there are now complaining about this arbitrary change. And I have still yet to see any of these 100-120 complainers step up to the plate and say "Hey, I am sorry my fellow players, I didn't realize when I complained that they wouldn't just fix the offending levels".
  2. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Well, if those complainers were the type of folks that don't like crafting professions or tradeskills in general (if they even play), you'll never see them post about it. o_O
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

I'm on the forums pretty much everyday, and I've seen no post (that I remember) with complaints about having the levels on there. I couldn't imagine too many of us crafters sending in complaints via the /bug. I'm usually pretty easy with changes they make and take it in stride and move on. But this one is really ticking me off to no end.
  4. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the itemization person thinks it's a great idea.. so unless they get told to change it back.. it's here to stay.. embrace the suck lol
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  5. Laita Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say unanimously.. I personally don't care on way or the other, doesn't affect game play (and yes, I'm primarily a crafter) /shrug
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

There are 9 numbers between 100 and 110, each could designate a level if necessary. Or creative use of the 105 would've helped. The fact that those numbers weren't used is telling.

I think what really happened is that someone forgot to properly level the transmuted items and someone had problems deciding how to implement planar energy coming from a different level of node. This is still the "planes" I guess though it's debatable if Luclin is s a"plane" or a planet. So some of the harvest results are similar to everything starting with PoM onward. I can understand that it would be a problem to deal with that.

But it doesn't really affect the pre-100 in PoM items. Other than some HQ's in the early game, there isnt' a lot of crossover in them.

From what Kander said, a mistake or two led to a question like 'wait, what if they had no levels?" However, I'd respectfully remind the programmers that their job is to tailor the computers to what the humans want to do, not the other way around. ;)
  7. Avithax Well-Known Member

LMAO

Honestly guys, with all the issues in this game right now the fact that you don't have levels on harvestables has been irrelevant for 3 expansions. I really didn't expect to see lv 120 on anything considering PoM and CD shared levels and it isnt the first time we have had blended levels on mats.

How about we consider it a part of our expertise in tradeskilling to actually know what materials we need to accomplish a task?

/duck
    Soara2 and Laita like this.
  8. Lunablanco Active Member

I will say I liked having them there, as a reference to what zone the nodes are in. I also know the numbers are still in your depot, and that this was to fix some crafting issues....or so I heard. I can go with or without the numbers, if all else fails the mighty google shall provide.
    Soara2, Wulfgyr, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I am one of those folks who cannot memorize long lists of things for this game. I have to see it on the item, or I have to use the wiki. There is no inbetween for me.
  10. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Add my name to the list of unhappy people. I had to upload my personal spreadsheet so my guild could use it for finding stuff.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

I don't buy the devs' excuse on this one. Someone screwed up big time, and they obviously have no idea how to fix it, end of story. If their original excuse had been true, I think they would have recoded the level ranges back onto the mats a while ago after seeing all the continual player furor over it.

And yeah, I have never seen even a single player post complaining about the L100-120 mat levels, either. Let's get real here.
  12. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

It occurs to me that there may be a larger issue they're thinking about. Like whether we're going to stick to an "endgame" style of game, or if we're going to transition into an "all chrono, everywhere" kind of game. Seems to me if we're staying in the "endgame" style of play, then the levels should stay. But if this is part of a larger design change, then maybe we should try to live with it for a year or two until they have a chance to fully form the idea. Not 100% sure which way to jump, but at the moment it's really uncomfortable.
  13. Bella2 Member

I cannot believe that they have not put the levels back on harvests yet. All crafters agree that no level makes harvesting and crafting MUCH more difficult. Do they not care about crafters? Do they have no regard for what customers overwhelmingly tell them. What will it take to change it back?

I have loved this game for years and have supported it. I even got my grandchildren interested in playing. Please don't change things that don't need to be changed and instead take some of the fun out of playing EQ2.
  14. Bella222 Active Member

Bella 2 is one of my other accounts. All are negatively affected by this change. Please put the harvest levels back. And don't make any more changes to gameplay under level 100. It still is quite fun in many lands.
  15. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Same here! But tabbing out to look something up isn't working well for me. More of a hassle than it's worth, so I just don't craft anymore. I even scooped everything out of the guild hall and stuck it in one of my bigger houses with no upkeep; then closed down the GH for when my memberships run out in a couple weeks.

Biggest thing I'll miss about the GH is the number of slots in the Fuel Depot, and the banker. I'm still laugh/crying about the 30 slot and 10 slot version that are being sold on the marketplace.... since the player one is HOME-LORE. (facepalm)

We're up to what, 72 or 78 fuels now (not including Provvy related ones), before considering any of the holiday specific ones?
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

Basically, no. Or they wouldn't be trying to systematically destroy a system that's worked fine for years.
  17. Roadkillusa Active Member

There was absolutely no reason to change the recipe books and the system we have been using. If they wanted to add shadow recipes fine but they didn't have to change the old system. No because of this they had to remove node levels. I will continue to say it, It is another money grab. Since spell recipes are the main item changed and the fact is you can pay station cash to upgrade spells.
  18. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I've stopped crafting now. And pretty much stopped playing as well. Having way more fun in SWTOR and FFIX.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I don't tab out... my computer and EQ II doen't like that for some reason.

I have my game screen slightly smaller. And I have 'systray on top' in its settings. That way to read a spreadsheet, I just click on it.

It moves to the front, and I am good. Same with the wiki and the pages from there I use for references that I print to pdf using bullzip printer. If you are looking for a pdf viewer, I found SumatraPDF to be good.
  20. parissa Well-Known Member

I really hope they reconsider this... My poor brain is fried trying to figure out what is in my bags lol.... I need to lvl up a couple of my crafters on Maj Dul and I am cringing at the thought of grabbing the harvest... I don't mind it so much in the guild hall cause the depot shows the harvest lvls once in there... Never realized how important that part of the description was till it wasn't there...