Please Re-evaluate Level 20 Armor Quest Gear

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by MightyMeaghan, Apr 8, 2019.

1. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I've done these quests a few times now and I'm finding the stats, especially the mitigation, are worse than on treasured drops. These armor quests require large numbers of heroic targets across multiple zones and are legendary in quality. They shouldn't be inferior to something treasured I can get on the broker for a few silver because it's so common. As it stands I feel like I'm simply doing the quests for a class specific appearance set and the fact that they were iconic to the classic era of the game.
    Kalika and Rhodris like this.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Another reason why I stopped playing at level 15 - I couldn't bear the thought of what may have happened to the armour quest gear, based on what was being offered for ordinary quests. You have confirmed my worst fear :(
  3. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Yes, I don't know how they calculate the new itemization's stats, but I'm at a loss on this one.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

Did it solo on fury/conjuror only the first 2 ... had to help our mystic for even the second one that requires like 15 level 22 ^^. Other steps require zones full of ^^^. Given teh difficulty the reward is not appropriate.

Also the mitigation on the 10-20 armor is way too low, in general the mitigation jump from one tier to the next is huge.
  5. Caela Well-Known Member

My husband I started the series - zipped through the first 4 without issue. But quest 5 was a bear - mostly with finding the mobs needed - there were just too many other people needing the same mobs - there would be 3 or 4 groups at a time - with a respawn of 30 minutes. Not to mention the names that would spawn on us killing us instantly. We worked on the 5th quest for 3 days - and then the gear was meh at best. We just skipped the 6th one - not worth the effort.
  6. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I think I figured out the mitigation issues from 1-20 and I think it's intentional. I've noticed that chain and plate tend to have the same mitigation as leather on the level 1 gear. This is true to era as chain and plate were inaccessible at level 1 in vanilla and everyone other than mages was in leather. Chain became available at 10 and plate at 20, so plate armor at 10 now should have the same mitigation as chain to keep the values true to era.

Or it's just randomly borked and I'm giving them way too much credit. Either way, AQ gear should have stats better than treasured and MC.
    Rhodris likes this.