please put this stupid tradeskill stop button somewhere else.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by stop button, Feb 14, 2021.

1. stop button New Member

I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally clicked it because its directly next to technique #6. And there is no confirmation asked. It just stops your recipe and you lose mats. Seriously, this is poor design. You could surely have placed this button somewhere else besides next to one of the 6 buttons you are occasionally called to press during the tradeskill minigame, could you have not?
    Soara2, AOE1 and Kotton like this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

I personally don't click the buttons in the UI, I use the number pad. That way I don't ever accidently press the cancel, and for me it seems a little less work than all the clicking. Round starts, check for event. If an event occurs counter it. If no event hit 456. Next round, check for event, etc.

You could also look into a Tradeskill window that moved the stop button to another spot. I don't know of one offhand, but there could be one.
    Laaw, Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  3. Ephras Active Member

Like Melkior, I click the buttons with my fingers. It just takes a second to look to make sure my fingers are in the right place. I use three fingers to click 456 with my left hand on the left side of the keyboard, and I use three fingers on my right hand on the numeric keypad on the right for 123. It works for me.
    Geroblue likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you want a different tradeskill UI, you can either make it yourself (the windows are all XML, and the UIBuilder.exe tool that was originally shipped with the EQ2 install is still available at EQ2Interface.com) OR you can look at EQ2Interface.com for a UI that has the tradeskill window set up in a way you prefer. You can grab JUST the tradeskill component from an existing custom UI if desired.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

TBH, I've done this maybe twice in my lifetime of crafting and I have a ton of alts who I've done crafting on over the 10+ years I've been at it. I'm always amazed people call something "stupid" when they're the operator, haha. I get you're frustrated; perhaps a little more attention on the reactives or perhaps turning down your mouse dpi speed if it's set really high might work. Using the numbers as mentioned by above posters is also good. Especially saves on carpal tunnel from mouse clicking everything.
    Ephras and Breanna like this.
  6. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I didn't realize people still use the UI and mouse to click the techniques. The only time I use that is when I am experimenting. Otherwise the num pad is far easier. After you hit a decent lvl in tradeskills, there isn't a whole lot of difference if you use 123 or 456 and the fingers move from 1 to 4 pretty easy. Try using the num pad. You will find it much easier and you don't hit that stop button.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I use my left hand for 456 to; however, I have clicked the stop button... and more than twice. With the mouse button. Usually if I'm low on mats for a recipe, and I panic. Accidentlly hitting stop, when i meant to wait and hit the green circular arrows for do it again.
  8. AOE1 Well-Known Member

They need to develop a keyboard with the number pad on the left side for lefties, is there isn't one already made for them. I can see where that might be a big help not only in this instance but in everyday working with one.
  9. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

https://www.amazon.com/Numeric-Jell...locphy=9012134&hvtargid=pla-581601424206&th=1
    One of many examples, if you have a spare USB port. If not, there are bluetooth models (for more money).
  10. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Thanks. That would be handy for lefties. I haven't gone into a computer store for years. I have my own private IT people who get what I need (called son and grandsons). For me, it would be another piece of you know what on my already cluttered desk plus I am right handed.