Please, Please, Please Fix Zoning

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Almee, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What I always wind up doing when I see the dreaded "Waiting for zone server" notice for any longer than 5-10 seconds is poke my actual computer on my end: clicky-clicky-clicky on the Date/Time thing on the Taskbar that brings up the clock and calendar, for instance, or clicking on the EQ2 icon itself a few times (Minimize-Windowed-Minimize-Windowed-etc. until it does something other than wait for the zone server) to let it know I'm serious. That usually does it; maybe it's interrupting whatever loop the "waiting" process gets into, like smacking B.O.B. from /Monsters vs. Aliens/ in the back of the head to get him back on track again when he's staring idly into thin air (having your large single eye get popped out will probably do that). ;->

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I no longer get kicked out to character select when zoning. I do see the 'waiting for zone server' but it doesn't seem to last long to me. I haven't timed it though.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since it's a "double" weekend, tons of people are on and there's lag. This is not the same thing as where zones disappear and don't even show up on the map, or when you try to zone into your own house and have to try seven times to get in. That was happening in low lag conditions.

I had the only toon in Phantom Sea yesterday and the lag was so bad I could barely move at points. I was only able to play once I'd turned my settings down to raid settings.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, my graphic settings are not high. Don't think its at raid though. I don't have a video card, just a chip on the motherboard.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, Phantom Sea...I think we all know why that is. ;->

And I can sympathize with the house situation, having been booted to Character Select more times than I care to count for the crime of zoning into a house or guild hall, even without much stuff in it at all. :-/

Uwk
    gettin' nebulous on it... ;->
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.