Please, Please, Please Fix Zoning

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Almee, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

Ever since the new server went live I have had nothing but problems zoning. I either crash to desktop or get bumped to character select. And I know it isn't just me as I've heard other players complain about it also.

And, naturally, CoV got borked also. It had been working well but now it doesn't seem to work at all.

Maybe you all should stop adding special servers and stick to fixing the many bugs plaguing the traditional servers, such as kills not being counted when questing and heirloom items that are no-trade.
  2. semisus Does not play this game

Zoning times are really slow and today ive been having issue that i cant get inside a zone it gets stuck waiting for zone server and get kicked out after a few minutes of waiting.

IThis is happening with some zones and are able to get back into these zones after i do some other zones.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara2 like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It was happening last night with housing zones as well, late last night, earlier in the evening, they were working fine.
  4. semisus Does not play this game

Seems to be worse today , waiting for zone server gets boring

AB server if it matters.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My Teir'Dal tried entering her home three times. Each time the loading screen came up. sat there a long time, then said the zone was unavailable. On the 4th try I got in. Had to try twice to get into the old Guk Halls.
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

I have only been online a few minutes and have already had two crashes zoning in housing. This is totally unacceptable. It's Saturday morning. There shouldn't be a ton of people on causing zoning crashes. Please get this fixed. We can't play if we can't zone.
  7. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Arghhh zoning is painful !
    it is telling me guild hall is not available now :( whats gives whith this stuff !
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

This was happening on Kaladim on Tuesday after the patch and I lost my access lists on my houses. I /bugged all of it.
  9. Neverlein Member

At the moment it is really very bad again. Also I fly with the zones more often out of the game. Friends are the same.
  10. Devourn New Member

What a joke... for over a week commonlands tier 3 guild hall has been unavailable off and on.
    Pathetic support.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Elyria Well-Known Member

lol, i keep getting kicked out the game tonight...while zoning out of my guild hall, when traveling to Everfrost, after zoning into Solusek Ro's Tower in PoM...:eek: It's not an "unrecoverable error" although that happens once every couple months, it doesn't get like stuck halfway through loading which also happens once in a great while, it is just a sudden disconnect. i was stayin up waaay too late, so servers aren't really busy...i don't know. This is very Frustrating:mad:

*AB is my server
  12. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

In the past I have had occasional crashes to desktop or character select, however, since Kaladim opened, /camping from toon to toon more often than not sends me to character select. Very frustrating to have to try maybe half a dozen times to log the new toon in. :mad:
  13. Neverlein Member

It's getting worse. Within an hour, I have now gone four to five times. That's no fun anymore. I cleared the cache hoping it would get better, but it only got worse. So I restored the old files again. We all pay a lot of money for this game, because you should be able to expect that it is running well; If you occasionally fly out, you can handle it. But as it is at the moment, it is an impudence to offer such a thing to paying customers.
  14. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Like voice chat, this is an 'every other day' occurrence.

Let me guess, Daybreak.

This issue will be responded to and resolved, Real Soon Now?
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, it gets tiresome going to character select when I zone. Hard to game, and it makes my keyboard sad.
  16. Grundy New Member

I know I only play about every other day or so, but I have not had this happen. Finally I get some good luck!
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Golum Active Member

This has been happening to me too lately. I find camping to myself resolves the issue.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hnh, and here I thought it was just me and my cruddy connection (thanks ever so, AT&T, for screwing up your DSL service...do, please, bend over so I can thank you properly :mad:)...not sure if it's a good thing or not that I'm not alone in this. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  19. Neverlein Member

If Daybreak does not want to fix that, I probably will not renew my account. Yesterday, one member of the group was kicked out of three zones every time. I flew the zoning seven times today.
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Avithax Well-Known Member

The slow zoning is getting ridiculous. Every time it's 2-4 minutes to change zones "waiting for zone server" and it's doesn't matter whether i'm on my home ISO or my work gigabit connection.

At one point EQ2 had people who fixed zoning and DC issues, did they get cut out of the budget? I wish DB would get a decent server host instead of the hamsters they currently are contracted with because when a raid plans a 5 minute afk while zoning into a raid zone to recover from the slow zoning and link deads there is a serious game problems that's going to scare away players.