Please nerf last guy in Anchor of Bazzul

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lorilie, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Lorilie Member

The little wisps that keep spawning over and over if you dont do the portals should not give xp, it sets up an option where people can just afk kill in that zone for hours on end to get 80-90 and full AA's. Its been like this since sf and should be changed to not giving xp since the only benefit it has right now is to people that bot.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I've got 2 questions. How do you know if people are botting inside a closed instance and also why do you care?
  3. gixxstiality New Member

yes used to be the same way in that one miraguls instance the one where you break all the vases and if you don't the skulls keep spawning endlessly and give xp,,,,
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I don't really care either way, I know a guy who did it and it took him like 10 hours of afk botting in there to hit 90. It was like 1 AA every 3 hours after that so he stopped doing it.
  5. Lorilie Member

It has been around since stormhold, and if youve done the zone you can see they give xp so its pretty obvious. Also when someone gains level 81-90 in anchor of bazuul it is kind of telling. I care because botting is detrimental to the game and anything that helps it should be shut down.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  6. Ratface Member

Better they bot in there than in the contested dungeons. Not sure Daybreak have the staffing levels or desire to ban every botter, I mean they are paying for 6 accounts. In instances it's less disruptive than in the open world or contested dungeons.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Botting will never be shut down, they have a script where they can see every account that has been botted before at least according to zoltoarths conversations with players back in the day.

Botting brings in too much income into the game to be banned, it's here to stay. I could care less about bots except for contested zones. It's pretty trivial to hit 90 considering blowing up the hole until 84 takes under an hour, and then the three mistmoore zones take 45 minutes and you can ding 87. The remainder from just doing ER/ a few of the other instances the expansion has to offer.
  8. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Anyone botting zones or botting crafting should be banned. There was a time when that was common sense, pretty funny seeing players making excuses for it now. But I guess it would be hypocritical to be against botting when you have guildies running 3rd party botting packages.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I know Adoninilol probably knows all this, but just to clarify for those who aren't sure...

There is a difference between multiboxing and botting. People who box set up the secondary toons to do certain things on a key press of 1, 2, 3, etc. They set them all to autofollow the main toon, and many use a keyboard splitter to deliver the same keypress the main toon uses to the secondary toons. That's perfectly "legal".

What is not okay is when a third party software program is used to automate the secondary toons, or heck, maybe even all the toons for all I know, and they go in without a human pressing buttons and run a zone. That *is* botting. And it's really difficult to detect without scanning the player's computer to see if one of the no-no programs is running while EQ2 is running.

All DBG can see from the clickstream is what clicks are made when, and that doesn't show you whether you have a boxer or a botter. Some games out there DO tell you in the EULA that they will be scanning your computer for forbidden software (Blizzard, Valve, probably every poker game out there), and I do kinda wish DBG would follow suit, but... revenue from multiple accounts, I guess.

To get a botter banned, you have to try to talk to them and see what they say. Since most aren't gonna pop up and admit they're doing stuff that could get them banned, you have to document the behavior (FRAPS movies, perhaps) and use your chatlog and /report, then open a support ticket and report the issue. If somebody *does* blurt out to you that they're using a botting program, use /report then open a support ticket.

However,, it appears these days that most botting is done in closed instances, so we can't see it, and therefore it can't be documented and reported.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

Back in the day probably 10 or so years ago I was in Stormhold and kept getting a tell from someone I didn't know "are you there" so I just ignored it and before to long a gm or whoever it was that used to keep an eye on that stuff popped in next to me to make sure I was actually playing and not down there botting. They waved and went on about their business after I assured them I was a human and was indeed playing and not botting. They haven't done that in years as far as I can tell. One of my old guildies got a 5 day ban because he was sitting in Sinking Sands with his necro and just letting his pet kill stuff when they respawned, he got caught and banned for it. So that used to be against the rules or at least someones rules.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's still against the rules, but these days, your pet and merc back off automatically if you stand around doing nothing for too long, which stops the AFK XPing.
    Breanna likes this.