Please make raids challenging, or I’m out

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by TwoDeadly, Jul 27, 2019.

1. TwoDeadly Member

Not too bad.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Why do you care if someone else is enjoying themselves and having fun? Apparently it is hurting you in some manner.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. NewAccountWhoDis New Member

Someone saying things are ok when they clearly aren't isn't great.
    I mean, it's not like there's much chance of DBG actually doing anything about the difficulty issues, but if people start saying it's fine, any small chance there was pretty much drops to zero.
    So when someone joins one bad PUG raid and subsequently thinks the content is hard enough, that's not ideal.
  4. Blaupunkt Active Member

Its not hurting me, just the game in general if he/she is trying to say that anything in DoF in its current state has any difficulty, there is no challenge, no reason to keep logging into to play, DoF was never "hard" but they could at least make the mobs hit you, not 1 shot you with auto attack damage like they did on SH during KoS/EoF, but maybe swing faster you know so healers have to heal, make the DoT's do something so they need to be cleared.
  5. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

It's likely because the tank doesn't know how to position large groups of mobs so that they are all stacked together, and facing the same direction away from the raid. Or you'll have some off tank ripping mobs and screwing up the positioning letting them frontal the raid.

I have been taking a break from the game but I still have a krono so I'll probably be back when it gets closer to KoS. In the meantime I keep watching for updates.
  6. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I've always had such a tough time getting past the minotaur floor in PPR - just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You do have to be careful, and you do have to watch positioning (the mobs and yours) but otherwise, they've got enough HP to make them repetitive and verrrry boring.
  7. Venser Active Member

I was on that pug raid. No one was getting hit by positional from berserkers. Tank just would flop and then the rest is history. Twodeadly must have blinked during the named fights because they should not be so easy. We even accidentally pulled the cyclops named when no one was prepared and it just fell over, because challenging content right?
  8. TwoDeadly Member

LoL. Alright. First of all, I started this threading asking for raids to be challenging, as I heard that they weren't. I joined one pug raid and was excited that a near full raid was having difficulties. Was it a total scope of raiding in DoF, no, of course not. And Venser, ffs, I did say that the named were easy, give it a break. I've been to courts since then with another hosted pug, and it was really easy. Also, I was playing dps in both. I'll know more when actually tanking, and when I've been through all of the raid zones. I still have much more to see. Yes, I was excited that there was a challenge. No, I'm not saying that everything is fine with raiding. At the end of the day, I may very well be back here asking for raids to be made more challenging, as I prefer a challenge. And if everything is far too easy, then yes, I would agree that there is a problem with that, cuz if it's too easy I probably wouldn't be around for too long.
  9. Venser Active Member

Your definition of challenge is pretty contradictory. No one can convince you of what's right in front of you, but that's ok because we're just wrong. You sound like the advocate for saying that the content is a challenge now. Well then let's lock this thread up, issue resolved
  10. TwoDeadly Member

LoLL come onnnn man. I was excited to be back in the game when I seen an almost full raid force get knocked around by some trash. Like I said, it wasn't a perfect picture of what raiding would be like, but at the time, I was pretty excited. I still encourage challenging content, and if raiding is too easy, then yes, I still believe that it should be fixed. But weren't you the one who was trying to argue with me at the very beginning of this thread when I said that the content should be more challenging? And now you're here trying to argue with me because I said that I was stoked to see that there was some challenge in a pug? And are you not the guy who is in General chat, every single day, repeatedly bragging about being top dps? Because, challenging content right? Hahahahahahahahah
  11. Keldo Member

He does that, and he sits in Qeynos Harbor by the broker with an LFG link/macro that doesn't work. When the link is clicked, it says the player is no longer around. (But he's always there. On his 20th elf Swashbuckler of the same name.)
  12. TwoDeadly Member

13. Venser Active Member

Dreamweaver comin in with deleting my post. I'll put it short and simply. There is absolutely nothing to do here but parse. Raid content is trivial and the only place mechanics hit in for raids is TSO. So if there is something else to do please let me know. If you want to believe content is challenging then good for you, join the majority of Kaladim "raiders". The link works, btw, if you get a msg , it worked. It's pretty hilarious to see you post "joined a raid last night and we died! It was very hard, but the named mobs were easy. I am so excited now!" Lol Twodeadly I hope you enjoy your content since it's super tough and theres so much to do for 3 more months.
  14. Venser Active Member

It's the only way to win eq2, log in and go afk
  15. TwoDeadly Member

What’s wrong Venser. You seem awfully upset that someone had enjoyed a raid. Do you not enjoy the game? Is that why your spamming every night that you can out dps everyone? And weren’t you upset with me for asking for more challenging content at the beginning of this very thread? I don’t think you have a clue where you stand, and I think that you just jump at any opportunity on these forums to try and boast about how great you are. I’m not at all convinced.
  16. Venser Active Member

You just described yourself. I'm not upset, I think it's pretty hilarious that you spam the forum saying you'll quit if it's trivial. Then you get to do a pug raid and you have some sort of revelation that the game IS challenging and you're suddenly ok with it.

The problem is that content is not challenging, we wouldn't have had people leave or quit if there was something to work towards. Considering itemization, mob tuning, and overall mechanics these TLE servers will continue to have issues if they dont take some time with betas. And yes, I do the most dps on the server, I actually word my advert as guaranteed top dps. If LFR for an hour a day is spam to you then that's your problem.

Circling back, again, content is trivial so what else is there to do other than parse. I've got 3 alta, max tradeskill, timelines completed. If you raid because you think its challenging then welcome to Kaladim
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  17. TwoDeadly Member

I said, hope restored. Key word, hope. As in, I haven’t seen what raiding is completely like yet, but because a raid of 22 was wiping on trash I had hope that MAYBE raids would be more challenging than what I was hearing. In your own head, your blowing this way out of proportion. I have yet to see first hand the extent of the challenge in raids. I did not say, raids are very challenging in kaladim, I’m content. No, I said based on that one nights experience that I had hope that they might be more challenging than what I was hearing. And how many times do I have to repeat that I am all for challenging raids, and that if they are too easy that it should be fixed. Because the game should be challenging. But when I made that claim, you were all against it. Anyone can read back to the beginning of this thread to see. You really don’t know where you stand, except for on top of your own ego. And by the way, didn’t another swash out damage you the other day?
  18. Venser Active Member

You're this giant roundabout that no one seems to know how to leave. I hope someone would beat my parse if I auto attack for 3 minutes on a fight with no power feed on. Can just auto attack a pug raid and still be top 3, that's how hard this content is.

You're having a hard time understanding that no one likes it like this, but it's all good,your hope is restored! You died in a raid! Grats!
  19. TwoDeadly Member

20. Venser Active Member

"Make raids easier or I'm out"