Please make raids challenging, or I’m out

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by TwoDeadly, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Lexxah Member

Just out of morbid curiosity, can you link your armory profile? I want to bask in the glory of someone who thinks World of Faction Grinding is 'easy' (as most EQII players are notoriously bad at it).
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. TwoDeadly Member

You talking about WoW? It’s not all easy, but much of it definitely is. And I find that game sucks. And no, I’m not going to take the time to post my armoury profile LoL.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Lexxah Member

Sorry, I didn't realize asking for 10 seconds of your time was so selfish.

I'd rather play a game where 'not all of it is easy' versus a game where I can show up with 8 people and do content designed for 24.
    TwoDeadly likes this.
  4. TwoDeadly Member

Touché, touché. I might go back to WoW at some point, for that very reason. But the community there is really off, and the faction grind, uggh. Never know though, still trying to find my mmo home.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. TwoDeadly Member

And I have a 407 DK. Love the class and how it plays. Just the tedious boring content got me, but I like the dungeons/raids.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Somedude Active Member

How many guilds killed DMP prior to KoS launch when it was fresh?

I think perhaps it was a bit more challenging.
    TwoDeadly and Soara2 like this.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The mob, like many others; was nerfed in ways other than outgoing damage/hp.
  8. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

At least 72.

Which is about the same amount of raiders currently on Kaladim. 7 of them know what they are doing and the rest is just there for the tag along easy content.
    TwoDeadly likes this.
  9. Falcor New Member

Honestly the solution would be an emulator server not a TLE server if you want the "truest experience" possible. Daybreak is not going to care beyond milking as much money off our hopes and dreams as long as they can. Minimal effort maximum profit.
  10. Tobias Fünke Member

ITT ppl complain about difficulty but probably use the wiki to do every quest and check raid mob strats. There are still ways to challenge yourself in this game if you want (use less ppl, don't read the wikis, etc.).

I played years ago and don't remember it being very difficult then. I started playing because it was the kind of game that my partner could handle. She wasn't a gamer but she was pretty good at EQ2.

And like others have said, what exactly do you want to see changed? Add HP? More one-shots on the tank or AOEs? It's easy to complain, not as easy to come up with a fix.

The fun for me in this game is the people I play with. Maybe I'm in the minority, but being able to play for 2-3 hours and do 2-3 raid zones, get some loot and laugh on discord is fine. Sometimes we even have a bad pull and wipe. The PoS dragons have a decent chunk of HP but it doesn't make it any more difficult, just longer and more boring.

I agree that the content is tuned too low, but I don't think it's even worth the effort to change it. If it means that more people get to enjoy the "endgame" content, I think maybe that's a good thing, especially when we're talking about people who have been playing this game on and off for decades and already know everything there is to know about the classes and zones, which makes adding difficulty... difficult.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Somedude Active Member

No, see that's the problem, the people that enjoy end game content are getting no enjoyment cause a wizard can one group tank all the raid content cause it's that fall over easy.

Alot of gamers have no enjoyment with a game that presents zero difficulty

The single most difficult thing in DoF was killing the palace sweeper and farming the keys for the peacock quest. That was only a challenge as you had to snag the mob 3 to 6 times while 20 other people were trying to kill the same mob.
    TwoDeadly likes this.
  12. Tobias Fünke Member

Shrug. I watched some people claiming the content is easy try to one-group Akhet yesterday, wipe a bunch of times and give up. Also if you can post a video of a wizard one-group tanking all of the raid content on youtube for me to watch, that would be pretty cool.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. TwoDeadly Member

There is obviously something broken about the difficulty of the game (endgame in particular). If you see this as complaining, and if it's bothering you, move on to something else then. This is a forum, not like I'm clogging up your chat. And the backlash that I'm witnessing in opposition of the avocation for more difficult content, can for me only boil down to one thing. The people against the avocation of difficult content don't want difficult content. And why is that? Probably because they weren't able to overcome the challenge when it had presented itself as more difficult content. Or maybe that, plus, they didn't like seeing more skilled players running around with better gear than they had. Which is a sad state of affairs. That would be akin to hating on buddy because he got the girl that you wanted. It's life. Many people enjoyed the challenge of difficult endgame content, just the same as you enjoy whatever it is in the game that you're enjoying. And the cool thing about it, is that both can exist, because both did exist in the original structure of the game. So there is no need to try and knock people who want difficult content, just because you want easy content. There is plenty of room for both, and the solution will have to come in the form of attention and work from the developers.
  14. Tobias Fünke Member

Those are things I would expect to hear people say 10-15 years ago, along with ppl ******** that X class is doing more dmg than mine and it's not fair. Sounds kind of pathetic to me at this point in the game's life. If you don't like hearing my opinions, you can ignore me or leave too, I guess?

The more difficult things are, the more I personally enjoy them. But I'm also living in this reality, where the code of the game is 10-15 years old, very difficult to change without breaking, and all of the strategies and quests are detailed on a wiki while played by ppl who know them inside and out. Answer this: did you use the wiki for your peacock quest? Not sure I even need to hear the answer. :)

It's easy to complain. It's more difficult to offer valid solutions that can or will be implemented by the 3 devs left. And apparently it's easier to accuse people of not being good at a game that was *never* hard to play than detail exactly how you would change the game and how that solution would make it more fun without breaking anything.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. TwoDeadly Member

And just to make it clear, I am very much enjoying this game right now, even at low level. I haven't had this much fun in a game since, well, since EQ2. It's great. The dungeons, the classes, the groups, the broker, the chests and adepts and all the good stuff. I love it. I just don't want it to start taking a nose dive once I'm at end game. I remember playing for a lonnnng time after reaching endgame, because there was always a challenge ahead of me that I had yet to complete. Challenges that offered badass loot. And badass loot that was truly worth something because of the level of victory needed to get it, and the importance of that loot for overcoming the next difficult challenge. See how this works? Yeah. Was great.
  16. Tobias Fünke Member

So are you complaining about raid content you haven't even done yet?
    Bekkr and Cyrrena like this.
  17. TwoDeadly Member

It's the developers jobs. They have the time and the resources, they are paid for it. It's what they are supposed to do when something is wrong. I'm just a player advocating for difficult content. So why are you knocking on folks who want difficult content?
  18. Tobias Fünke Member

Please show me where I knocked anyone?

This is what knocking looks like:

"they weren't able to overcome the challenge when it had presented itself as more difficult content. Or maybe that, plus, they didn't like seeing more skilled players running around with better gear than they had."

I'm simply pointing out the other side of the conversation here. And I'm not surprised that your response is "it's the devs job". Like I said, it's easy to complain and insult people. Sounds like it's more difficult to offer anything else....
    Bekkr likes this.
  19. TwoDeadly Member

It is the dev's job. And you're still not clear as to why it is that you are against people who are advocating for difficult content. My assumption is, and I feel it is a safe assumption, that you want easy content because if it were difficult, either you, or the people you roll with, would be on the outer circle of victory. That's what it looks like, and if that's the case, that's just sad. There's plenty of room for both easy and difficult content. Just have to pucker up and be willing to see people with better gear than you. I was always cool with it. I never had the gear that the top tier raid guild had. But boy, was it ever fun trying to get it! And that's my point. And yes, it is the developers job, I'm just pointing out the very obvious problem in hopes that it gets fixed before the next expansions are opened. And as you can very well appreciate, I am not the only player advocating for difficult content.
  20. Tobias Fünke Member

The actually safe assumption is that you haven't read anything I wrote.

Also your attempts at insulting me would be more enjoyable if you try to come up with new ones. :)
    Cyrrena likes this.