Please make all Shineys tradeable!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thundercloud, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Down-side of the honor system - your players actually have to be honorable. :/ I actively decline any shiny I've got that is no-trade, and usually either greed or decline any I've already collected.
    Cyrrena, Yenk, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Me too and I usually only group with people I know and they do the same, if we all have it, we all greed.
    Mercychalice, Yenk and Breanna like this.
  3. Liral Active Member

Personally, I would not want all shineys to be tradeable. If you made the No Trade shineys heirloom that would be ok I guess. But I like the idea that some collections you actually have to do the work to get the rewards.
    Soara2, kingmob23, Mermut and 3 others like this.
  4. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

This would be fine if they weren't so super-rare that, between November (expansion launch) to now (5 months later, at least), there are still shinies I haven't even seen pop up on the window. I should have at least seen every shiny at least once a week, regardless of whether I win or not.
    Siren, Juraiya, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Last expac, where there was a no trade at the end of every zone, it worked moderately well. This expac where the no trades are rare.. AND the meta reward is less interesting...
    I guess I'm glad the meta is less interesting given how bad the grind to get the full collection is.
    Juraiya, Soara2, Quillyne and 3 others like this.
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

If you take a deep breath and look on the GU109 Collection reward for collecting the 141 shinies (28 notrade)
    you just notice: Keep cool and Keep away from RunnyEye

sad but true.. it's not a timesink it's just worthless
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Mermut like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no problem having to go out and actually find my own shinies or go into instances and fight for the "right" to have a chance at the shiny but if I am to poor to ever experiment enough to get enough potency to go into T1s to fight for the "right" in CD, I have a problem with that. If I have fought for the right and the rest of my group has as well, and we all greed on it and I win the shiny, why should I not be able to give it to one of my other characters, I did the work.
    Geroblue, Juraiya, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  8. Leed Active Member

Honestly, with KA shinies being rarer than PoPs, but fully tradeable - I worked WAYYYY harder to get the rewards. It wasn't just waiting for the one I needed to drop, there was also watching for somebody to be on if they had one I needed, trying to negotiate a trade for one I did have, meeting a stranger in the back alley of Freeport somewhere to trade, it was way more work, when shinies were rare and tradeable because it was varied work. I could have JUST waited for one to drop (that would have been less work, but took more time), but the more work I did the faster I finished the collection. Now with CD it is less work - just takes more time - I feel like I have to put less in - and it'll be random chance if I get it. Nothing I can really do to speed it up though - there is no watching broker, no talking to people to try and arrange trades, no talking to people about where to meet or price, etc. It's just a pure, wait to get lucky on drop.
    Juraiya, Soara2, Ra'Gruzgob and 2 others like this.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

I still miss one NOTRADE shiny from the instances we run every day.. NOTRADE shinies are stupid :mad:

Would be cool if you remove the NOTRADE flag from old shinies whenever a new GU comes out
    Svenone, Juraiya, ConcealFate and 6 others like this.
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I agree! The quest reward shinies should be the only ones that retain the NOTRADE flag when a new xpac comes out. :p
    Svenone, Juraiya, ConcealFate and 6 others like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't want there to be any NO-TRADE or LORE or HEIRLOOM shinies. Let them be freely traded!
    Obano, GrunEQ, Svenone and 9 others like this.
  12. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Free the shinies!!!!
    GrunEQ, Svenone, Beee and 7 others like this.
  13. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Amen to this!!! It is well past time to get rid of the NO-TRADE flag.
    GrunEQ, Svenone, Sigrdrifa and 7 others like this.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yes yes yes Free the shinies!!!!
    Svenone, Sigrdrifa, Cyrrena and 6 others like this.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'm with the majority of you on this. It just makes no sense. I'd also add change the damn gear back from no-trade, no-value, no-salvage. I don't care whether we infused it with infusers and plat. Why that was ever changed is beyond comprehension. When we work hard to get something and improve it and then upgrade it, it should retain some form of value. Occasionally, I wonder if the intended outcome is to drive people out of the game because some of the decision making lacks any connection to logic or keeping the fun in actually logging in and improving anything. I don't know about most of you, but the hours spent in obtaining gear and improving it, only to toss it away because it has no value completely confuses me.
    Almee, Svenone, Kuulei and 9 others like this.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

Still mising this one single NOTRADE shiny for months. It's just a stupid random grinding system.

I do not care about the nec from the Collection, but it's sad not to finish a metacollection
    Svenone, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Kuulei Well-Known Member

It took me until this past Saturday to finally get my last no-trade, so I know how you feel. The reward may have been okay at the beginning of the expansion but it was not worth purchasing the upgrade now. I know plenty of people that have yet to complete the collection. I haven't even finished the hate collection from PoP and I had so many cow helms, but just couldn't get all my shinies! :(
    Beee, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  18. Beee Well-Known Member

Cyrrena, Rhodris and Sigrdrifa like this.
  19. Almee Well-Known Member

I used to love to hunt for shinies but now I can take or leave them. I have chests full of them I don't even care enough about to add to my collections. Like so many things, DB made completing collections so insane that it just isn't worth the time to worry about collecting them.

I pick up a shiny, if I come across one, as it has become a habit, but for the most part they just go in depots, until the box is filled, and then I will finally add some of them to collections to free up space.

A number of things killed shiny hunting for me including some being too rare, no-trades, lore, and rewards not worth the effort to complete a collection. Some of my characters have a hundred collections started and never finished due to the missing shinies being too rare or no-trade.

I know that some people, at DB, have forgotten there is a real life outside of the game but I haven't though I admit I once did. That led to some awful consequences, I am still dealing with, so I'm not about to repeat that mistake. I now weigh the reward vs. the effort needed to accomplish something in the game. Until DB changes the way many shinies work, in the game, they will remain on the back burner of things to accomplish in the game.
    Rhodris and Beee like this.
  20. Sious Member

end of the xpack is getting very close and even now i'm missing 1 blue no trade (from water)
    I ran that zone daily for the full summer event and God knows how many time in total. Saw it drop 2 time and lost it both of those time. No-Trades are messing with me and i have close to 1300 collections completed, it's safe to say i can draw a map from Nizara without beying in the zone.

Would love to see no-trades drop from all bosses in stead of just the last one. That would solve it for me.

Sious
    Beee and Juraiya like this.