Please make all Shineys tradeable!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thundercloud, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Thundercloud Active Member

I will elaborate....you run zones over and over again, shiney you want doesn’t drop and then finally it does and someone who just started gets it before you. I have been trying for longest time to get shineys that I need. Please for the love of botranth and not wanting to alienate your players please make shineys tradable!
  2. Udonn Active Member

What I, and others, would like to see is a way to limit search parameters on the broker for shiny's that we need only, instead of a few thousand pages of them. If it's greyed out, don't show type of filter.
    Cyrrena, Feara, Svenone and 3 others like this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

You may know this already, but just in case. Open your journal and double click the shiny you want. It will filter the broker window for you. It's not as nice as a filter for all shinies you may need, but it works.
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  4. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

We're having the same problem with shinies this year, that we did last year with monolith, running the zone over and over and not seeing one in the box (or in this case, no no-trade....for zones upon zones....). There should be at least one no-trade shiny per zone, every zone. They're already no-trade. Making them ultra-rare is pointless.
    Juraiya, Merriel, Quillyne and 3 others like this.
  5. Uwopo Active Member

NO-TRADE shinies are fine if they're done correctly. PoP and CD overland shinies tied to quest rewards worked okay. Even the PoP heroic NO-TRADE expert shinies were acceptable, since you were guaranteed one per zone. The CD shinies though are absolutely infuriating. Only the last mob in the zone will spawn a NO-TRADE shiny and it appears the loot table contains every shiny in the zone, making the NO-TRADEs 3-5x more rare than the others.

Personally, I don't think there needs to be NO-TRADE shinies, but if they're going to be required, then they should be implemented in a way that requires content completion but doesn't make them an obnoxious gate.
    Juraiya, Merriel, Cyrrena and 5 others like this.
  6. Argonath Member

I actually brought this up at the last SoE Live that they did in 2014. They had just said they were making shinies worth status points when sold to a vendor and that was one of the dev's reason for not needing a feature to better sort them. I personally still want a way to remove already owned shinies from broker list to help find needed ones. Yes I know I can click on missing piece in journal while broker is open, but there are collections I know I haven't started yet so that feature doesn't help. I have started some collections by finding the first piece on the broker and then went on to look up location for the rest.
    Juraiya, Merriel, Udonn and 1 other person like this.
  7. Leed Active Member

One of my favorite parts is the whole 'wheeling and dealing' gameplay - I have this shiny, you have that shiny, let's meet and trade. Eliminating that bit of social interaction is something I disagree with. Personally I liked the way it was in KA - I actually finished that collection, the end reward was valuable enough to feel like it's worth the effort (CD is so much harder to finish, and yet the reward is relatively less rewarding than any recent expansion when compared to the effort of getting it), and I did a lot of 'I have X, you have Y, let's talk, let's agree on something, let's trade.' Bring back that social interaction please. Something worth talking to other people to make deals on, and most importantly something I actually CAN trade with other people. If it can't be traded, or it just isn't worth trading, there's no reason to talk to other people about trades.
    Merriel and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Yenk Active Member

This is not a problem. On the server Thurgadin many notrade-shinies are offered in the chat-window. The buyer is invited, zoned and pick up the shiny after payment. I thought that is the same everywhere.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

What is missed about an MMORPG is that it is supposed to be a vibrant, thriving, WORLD. There are supposed to be villages, towns, cities, with people interacting in social settings, pubs, taverns, in business settings, shops, bartering, et al. People working, some making things to sell or trade, others that guard the villages, towns, and cities, others that adventure or pirate, some that farm or gather resources to sell or use to produce goods. People that play MMORPGs now have lost almost everything about the genre except lets run out and kill something for loot. A WORLD or SOCIETY would not survive and thrive if 100% or even 75% of the population only ran out and killed things for loot. For one there would be nothing left to kill very rapidly and second soon there would be nobody to buy your loot because everybody would already have their own. You would all be starving because nobody took the time to cook, you would all be naked because nobody took the time to learn to make clothing, you would all have no armor because yours fell apart and there were no armorsmiths to make new stuff or repair the old, your weapons broke and no weaponsmiths to make new ones or repair the old, et al.

You see where I am going? If you do not want to be a part of a WORLD/SOCIETY, with social and public interaction, in villages, towns, and cities, and only want to run out and kill things for loot, there are a ton of games like Rise of Civilization that will fulfill your needs. There is a difference in an MMO and an MMORPG and people forget that and want EQ2 to simply be an MMO and there are still some of us fighting tooth and nail to keep as much of EQ2 as we can an MMORPG. I have been stomped on more times than I can count for even suggesting that EQ2 is still an MMORPG and should stay that way and that my ideas are archaic, but guess what, I DON'T CARE. If I wanted to play an MMO, there are hundreds of them out there. I want to play an MMORPG, I have played this one since November 4, 2004, and as long as I am happy with enough aspects of it to merit value for my money, I will continue to play this one. I tend to stay with a game I like until I do not like it any longer and I tend to spend quit a bit of money on it. I said goodbye to UO after 12 years subscribing 15 accounts at $10 a month, I turned my back and came here full time instead of part time. It can happen here too if I become dissatisfied, I am not at the moment.
    Feara, Yenk, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

Very well put Cyrrena. I've been playing since July of 2005 and still enjoy the game, so I'll keep playing too, until they change too much stuff for the worse.
    Cyrrena, Feara and Yenk like this.
  11. Melodius Member

I like the diversity in the game, also nearly since start of the game. I like doing solo content, quests, heroic dungeons, raiding. Doing old content for fun. Crafting. Its really fun. And the only thing i really hate since last expac are these stupid no-trade shinies.
    Kryzia, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. 9wizards Member

Tbh, just to give my 2 cents, i am 1 no-trade until end of my collection, i have ran at least 10/15 earth zones in 2 days, nothing, this is just boring, please dev's nothing can't be done for that ?
    next point 2 solutions :
    1 - i run with guild to be sure my no-trade doesn"t go to smoeone else
    2 - i pug and if it drops i lock an attrib (always announcing before of course), but some may not like wich i totaly understand ...

just my 2 cents
    Cyrrena and Melodius like this.
  13. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I keep trying to push for more game sharing, not less. I cried a little bit when heirloom tags were introduced, and slowly, more and more things have become no-trade. Then there were relics, and prestige items....all of this no-sharing of things has trickled the broker boards to almost empty, and over-flooded with the only things that can be shared (crafted items or solo shinies). Gone are the days of selling something because someone might want it for appearance. I can't absently sell it (like during the day, when I'm asleep) anymore. I have to sell it from a chest, before it rots, and hope I don't mistakenly take it instead, because it can only be traded once, or hope I don't go linkdead, etc. It's terrible.

It brings to mind a bunch of small children in a sandbox. watching one child playing with a single toy, and refusing to share it, and no adults encourage the sharing. It's sad really. It makes the game feel very microcosm, as in, I would give it to you if I could, but I can't, so it has to sit here and rot, or be deleted from my bank. So sorry. You just get the knowledge that I had it, but you can't have it because I can't give it to you, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Please, more sharing. Bring back a sense of community again.
    Juraiya, Merriel, Cyrrena and 6 others like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

YAY!! We can keep going to meetings together and have ice cream and doughnuts!!
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

I just found out that there are 141 new shinies and 28 NoTrade in GU109 Runny Eye
    Did About 50 runs and got 2 of the Notrades

Sorry this is stupid. PLEASE make all shinies tradeable or offer at lest one Notrade from the weekly quest

Almost the same in CD .. Think I will never see the last missing shinies and whenever.. the reward is outdated by the time :)
    Juraiya, Merriel, Xsara and 3 others like this.
  16. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Not only is it outdated by time, it's outdated from lack of use. Ever since they re-adjusted the stats to the ring that dropped on the end guy, NO ONE has built a group for RE since then that I've seen on HOF. No one cares to run it because the gear is such low level that there's no incentive. IMHO, they should have made the RE gear start at 75r, 80r, and 85r. It would help give a boost up to the folks who are behind on raiding, and give something nice that even non-raider people would want to wear. I was able to get the T1 and T2 versions of the zone done the day it came out. I can't get the t3 version of the zone done because no one wants to go anymore, much less trying to convince them to go for shinies.
    Juraiya and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm painfully slogging through solos, only for the shinies. It's a real shame, too, because Runnyeye is one of the classic zones that everyone loves... unless the loot is awful.
  18. Beee Well-Known Member

I'm missing still some CD NOTRADE shinies - and guess what: I don't care anymore

Some players were top of leaderboards and crazy to get all collections.. starting with the Epic 2.0 class NOTRADES they gave up and resignated. Make shinies rare, but not NOTRADE !!!

On Thurgadin the loot rights from NOTRADE shinies out of solo inis are sold in action channel.. that shows the (wrong) way of this system
    Svenone, Juraiya, Merriel and 2 others like this.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I wish they would put a system in place where if a player already received the no-trade shiny, they could not need or greed it, it would not even show to them, that way someone that did not get it before would actually be the one to receive it.
    Svenone, Breanna, Xsara and 3 others like this.
  20. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

It's worse than that....they're both rare and no-trade. I miss being able to share things. :(
    Svenone, Merriel, Breanna and 2 others like this.