Please make all Shineys tradeable!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thundercloud, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Thundercloud Active Member

It’s a regular occurance that shineys people don’t need drop for other people. For the love of god please make shineys all of them tradable!
    Rosyposy, Argosunited, Obano and 12 others like this.
  2. Sious Member

I would so much love this, I can see absolutely no reason to have no-trade shinny's
    It's a pain to run stuff like guk just for the no-trades and why o why doesn't a no-trade drop from every heroic zone. By the time we finish it there is nobody that will actually use the reward ...

If anybody knows the why please fill us in.
    Kryzia, Juraiya, Merriel and 3 others like this.
  3. Alarra Well-Known Member

As I recall there used to be SUPER rare shinies, these have been replaced with the no-trade shinies, which are rare, but at least you have a shot at gettng them and you don't have to pay several hundred orders of magnitude of a standard shiney proce on the broker.

I actually was able to finish the shiney collection last expac which is something I haven't been able to do in previous expacs due to rarity and stupid prices on the broker.
    Cyrrena and Drona like this.
  4. Alarra Well-Known Member

Also, which is correct? Shiney or Shiny?? I seem to switch between them, but am not sure which is proper terminology in the game?
    Cyrrena and Lateana like this.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

At least the T2 heroic instances should have a guarateed notrade shiny at the end.

16 rare Heroic NoTrade are really crazy to get.

2/3 of my guild only need notrade shinies and only 2 of them finnished the neck
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Mermut and 2 others like this.
  6. Drona Well-Known Member

You are right. Its this or back to super rare ones which cost millions of plat. Both systems have advantages and disadvantages. I can't really see which one is best.

One thing I noticed with super rare shiney was that, people will still need on them even if they already had them since they can sell it on broker but they won't with no-trade ones...
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Seefar and 3 others like this.
  7. Alarra Well-Known Member

Back in DoV when I was running pick up groups, I made a loot rule for the groups I made that everyone needed on shinies; if I didn't someone would need on the same shiny they just won in a previous round and then it would make the rest of the group mad and make a very annoying sequence of events with the "Hey, kick that guy from the group, he keeps needing on shinies" tells or said person being called out in group chat.
    Juraiya and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Alarra Well-Known Member

However, the solo shinies should be heirloom instead of No-Trade I think.
    Quillyne, Juraiya, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  9. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I'm fine with the last shiny being no-trade, and the only change I would make is that they spawn 100% of the time versus what seems to be 10% of the time.

It's this expansion's form of a time sink. Keeps you coming back for more, with the super rare chance that you get a no-trade to spawn. The odds of you winning it are even less, because you'll have at least 4, if not all 6, people rolling NEED for it.

It also causes the same 6 people to group up all the time, to keep from having to "share" the chances of the no-trades. And once ONE person in that group of 6 can finally see the hidden heroic ones, then that causes them to continue to group together, so they all can benefit from that 1 person's ability to see the hidden ones.
  10. Kari Well-Known Member

I preferred the old system with the super rare shinies that could be purchased on the broker. I liked being able to pay super inflated prices for my last few shinies to finish the collection. I usually broke even because I would get a few rare shinies on greed rolls along the way that I could sell to offset the price of the ones that I never got.
    Maybebaby, Kryzia, Cyrrena and 5 others like this.
  11. Feara Well-Known Member

shiny (shīˈnē)

• adj.
      Radiating light; bright.
    • adj.
      Bright from reflected light; glistening.
    • adj.
      Having a sheen from being rubbed or worn smooth.
    More than one = shinies
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Seefar and 3 others like this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Amen! Shinies should not be lore, heirloom, or no-trade!
    Kryzia, Juraiya, Hiza and 6 others like this.
  13. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

I think there should be non-tradeable ones, but that the spawn rate should be increased. Otherwise this will just go to being like all the other things you can buy your way through. No completing things on your own and God forbid earning them. Who wants to pay 2M plat for a rare shiny? I remember back doing one of my epics I had to do an instance to get a needed quest item 14 times before it dropped, my friend did it 2 times. But I did it, and I earned it. There is nothing wrong with earning things in game, instead of buying everything. But, for real, please increase the spawn rate.
  14. semisus Does not play this game

Yes and while i understand the need for no trades so people actully have to do zones to complete stuff , this is just
    Atleast you can increase the drop rates on no trade shinys to 50% from end boss
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

This is what happens when you collect shinies.
    Xillean, Kryzia, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

I usually end up dying when I try to collect shinies. :D
    Lateana, Siren, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  17. Svenone Well-Known Member

"Video unavailable" Ttobey broke YouTube!
    Siren, Cyrrena and Rhodris like this.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

It worked for me about an hour ago.
    Siren and Cyrrena like this.
  19. Feara Well-Known Member

Trust me, you didn't want to see it anyway.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Just NO!! This is what happens when you do not make a BROOM MOUNT!!