Please level out the XP bonus across content

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Atan, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Alway Active Member

well, not everyone will quit or stop paying because they dont like this or dont like that. unfortunately myself included lol. i just take long breaks and hope its better when i come back.
  2. Tokoz New Member

Reading through the thread, there are 2 basic areas to be dealt with. Normally, they'd be addressed together automatically, but I think I have a suggestion that will at least help one. At the risk of beating a very dead horse...

First, the xp for new players is slow, resulting in new players getting immediately discouraged when they try to catch up on the server. I've seen this one first hand. Once the bonuses for Faydwyr stopped, my leveling briefly grinded to a halt while I tried to figure out what was going on. Even after I figured it out, it's still very slow going. I'd like to see the content, but questing isn't really an option, since there aren't enough to get you the levels you need. Grinding with friends can be fun for the first hour or so, but it get's rather dull quickly. Unfortunately, it's about the only way to keep your level up with the content. There are a few decent suggestions on how to fix that. Since nothing seems to be happening in that direction, I thought I'd take a stab at the second problem

The second problem is identical in nature up to the point on who it affects, People that have enjoyed the content and started raiding sometimes want to start an alt. People sometimes want a root canal too, but that doesn't make it fun. If you're losing customers in a business (and I have no way of knowing if Daybreak is or isn't, but my guess is that attrition is a real thing), it's often easier (and cheaper) to keep existing customers. Keeping existing customers is something I think they do rather well on Live servers. They do it with rewards.

So, how about we get the veteran bonus to xp for every character on that server (not account wide, just that server)that hits max level)? The nice people that are sticking it out through the grind get a decent reward and probably stay longer AND have more fun. It's win/win.

Loyalty points and rewards would be nice too, but that's probably a discussion that's been killed multiple times on previous threads
    Cheallaigh and Kalika like this.
  3. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i like the idea, the only problem i see is a programming one. veteran rewards are tied to live max, it would need to be something new custom built for this server, i know i'm not willing to go spend enough time on live to get to 110 to get it if it wasn't. with everything else, i doubt they have the time or manpower to do something like this, they're still struggling with itemization.
  4. Maledicere Member

XP event is over. FIX IT!

Riddle me this: Why on earth would the only reasonable XP gain be for NEW CONTENT? So...basically, let's have you run through this new content, reach your NEW cap, quit (possibly return for next xpac) and everything else in the game is this massive hurdle for new players and new alts? It's the exact opposite logic, anywhere, ever. The amount of players we have shed in RoK has already been greater than any other xpac on Fallen Gate. FIX THIS.
    Juraiya, Mizgamer62 and Cheallaigh like this.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

Soon(tm)?
    Adoninilol and Cheallaigh like this.
  6. Zendi New Member

According to Kander, XP changes coming in GU 107 on July 31st.
  7. Khieran Active Member

Huzzah!

Are there any details of what they are changing posted anywhere?
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

Not yet, he just mentioned it in Discord a little while ago
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

I assume as it was only posted on discord ... can you provide further details.
  10. Fistpower Well-Known Member

What more details do you want? The XP curve is being changed July 31st thats pretty much all the details we have...
  11. Khieran Active Member

Only detail I want to know is this: are they raising the xp in non-Kunark zones to match Kunark zones? Or are they lowering xp in Kunark zones to match the others?
    Mizgamer62, Atan and Cheallaigh like this.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm sure folks are curious if they're going to add the content bonus xp to all expansions rather than just having it in EXP04 zones, or if they're going to do something to modify the base xp, or some other trick?

I don't expect we'll know till its live, and even then, with the efforts they've done to mask xp values, it might be hard to understand.

Heck, the fix might just be changing 100% xp pots to actually be 100% bonus (which would be a non-fix outside of ROK zones).
  13. Milksteak New Member

Just rotate the bonus, then you don't have to mess with it every time a new xpac is released except putting it in the rotation. Pick 1 or 2 expansions to give the big bonus to, rotate it every week/month whatever. I for one would somewhat appreciate being "forced" to go do different areas. It would add a little replayability to the game for alts because the "best path" would be different every time you leveled up, at least somewhat. The population is low and it would help herd people into the same area aiding in finding groups and people to do quests and stuff.
  14. Malachy Well-Known Member

It should be a simple formula based on the level cap, standard leveling as with all MMOs. The closer you get to the cap, the more XP you need to get a level. It should have nothing to do with zones in a particular expansion. If they want to add bonus XP because it's a dungeon, then great, but that's the only exception that makes sense to me.

Their delay in fixing this cost the company a LOT of money.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Update on XP:
    Experience is much better, we power leveled someone from 1-66 in around 10 hours (?) play time without pots and collections.

I would say it's pretty good right now, it's pretty streamlined 1-80 and people can of course still collection up to like 50-60 if they wanna spend $40 on a few kronos.

Nice.
    Sovereign likes this.
  16. Sovereign New Member

I agree, and from the solo questing point of view it's also working out well levelling up at the right rate for rewards to be wearable and not running out of quests in a hub to do before being ready for the next area.
  17. Khieran Active Member

I agree, it's much better for lower levels now. There's even *gasp* pickup groups in the 20s, 30s and 40s now :)
    Atan likes this.
  18. Atan Well-Known Member

I agree, but I was reserving comment till I saw what 70-80 looked like, I'll know before the weekend is done, cause I want another sorcerer and a mystic....
  19. Kalika Well-Known Member

Good news.