Please have someone fix the forums

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Juravael, Apr 30, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Still getting the 404 errors.
    I just now tried to sign in.. clicked sign in, entered my information, username and password, clicked ok and the forums refreshed but did not sign me in. I had to sign in twice to actually get signed in this time.
  2. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

Many times if I get a 404 page after entering my login information, I'll just close that tab and then open the forum again with my bookmark and I'll be logged in without needing to re-enter my information.
  3. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Any time that I close the browser window for the forums, whether it is the primary tab or the 2nd or 3rd tab etc, I always have to sign back in. Even if I close the browser and then a few seconds later remember I wanted to check on something and reopen the forums again for whatever reason I will have to sign back in. 9 times out of 10 I will get the 404 error when I sign in and most of the time I can hit the refresh and that will work. Sometimes it will not. Yesterday though when I signed in I actually had to enter my username and password twice in a row to get signed in. That was the first time I have seen that happen.
  4. ARCHIVED-Onuron Guest

Why is it that i get autologged out when im just away from desk for less then 5 minutes. OR when i try to log in, it just reloads log in page again as if i hadnt logged in. OR i try to look at forum page, and it doesnt even LOAD AT ALL! I get 404 errors, or unable to find webpage errors. This is insane. Fix your game and forum already.
  5. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Please fix the forums...
  6. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Usually as time goes by there'll be improvements in things. Here it's the other way around. Five or six years ago the forum worked well (remember when the Search facility was actually useful?) and the Players site was great. Now Players is not only ugly but doesn't have half the features it had then, and using this forum gets more irritating by the day. I can't decide whether SOE just doesn't care or whether they're actively discouraging us from using it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Gladiolus wrote:
    Both I am sure.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

If they have a web 'team' I'm sure they are working on the new site for EQN.
    They certainly aren't doing anything here.
  9. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

A bit of a glitch I have noticed regarding the forums that I thought I would add to see if anyone else is having this issue and maybe to get it looked at is vanishing posts. I have noticed this particularly in the rp forum. On the main page it will show that the next person posted but when you go to read there is no post. We have figured out that it seems to happen when we go to the next page. Recently the first 2 posts on a page are nowhere to be seen until a third post is made. The posts can still be seen in the review section when posting, but it is becoming a bit frustrating.
  10. ARCHIVED-Piestro Guest

I was forcibly logged out after I tried to read and respond to this thread. ;)
    Obviously we're aware the forums have issues. We're doing some work on this internally, hopefully we'll have good news for you in the future.
    Regards,
  11. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Piestro wrote:
    Thank you for letting us know Piestro.
    I hope we do have some good news in the future, sooner than later. All of these issues and blunders with the game and the game forums are really taking a toll on some folks, myself included.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

Very slow today. Lots of timeouts.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

Gravy wrote:
    Same here. I wonder what makes some days better and some worse..
  14. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Slow for me as well ( took about a minute to load this topic ) and I got the 404 error once again when trying to log in.
    Edited to note : There are 5,753 online users: 42 registered, 5,711 guest(s) according to the forums. Somehow I doubt there are that many unregistered guests.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

Glenedhel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    You are correct. The forum issues do annoy me and many others enough to not even bother signing in most of the time. :/
  16. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Two new errors today trying to log in...
    1st time I got this :

[IMG]
    Please use your browser's back button and try again.
  17. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Second time I got this :

Not Found

The requested URL /eq2/;jsessionid=912272B01BA53D99306D11BD0A634E7D.lvs-msgt1-3609 was not found on this server.
    Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips Server at forums.station.sony.com Port 80
  18. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Also, clicking on the SOE Post Tracker just gives me the following :
    EverQuest II
    Information

An internal error occurred when performing the search. Please try again later.
    EverQuest II
  19. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

Glenedhel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Just as a side note, you can find another dev tracker if you Google "EQ2 Dev Tracker". I can't supply the link here for a variety of reasons, but it's the same thing and doesn't freeze like this one.
  20. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Thanks for the tip, Lizabethan :)