Please have someone fix the forums

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Juravael, Apr 30, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Please fix the forums.
    Please for the love of god why can't someone look into the forum issues that people have been posting about for years now and get things fixed? Other games' official forums work just fine, why can't ours?
    A few issues that I have been complaining about for a long time are :
    Why do we have to log in every single time that we navigate away from the forums, even for just a minute? I could be reading the forums and logged in, hop over to another website real quick to check something and when I come back mere moments later I have to log back in again. Why?
    Every time that I "log-in" the page goes to refresh and comes up with the "Can not display the webpage that you requested" error so I hit the refresh button and then it logs me in. This happens EVERY time.
    When browsing the forums and NOT logged in if I see a topic I want to comment on and I "log-in", it takes me to the main forum page and then I loose the topic that I was reading so I have to spend time trying to find the topic that I was wanting to comment on in the first place. This happens EVERY time.
    These are just a few of the things that have been frustrating me about these forums. Things seem to be getting WORSE with anything SOE/Everquest II related lately, not better.
  2. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

[IMG]
    This is the 404 error that I get EVERY single time that I log in. I have to hit the refresh button after this page pops up in order to actually get logged in and read the forums.
    * Disregard the address in the image. I pulled it from google so I would have something to show what I am refering to.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

The timeouts have been especially bad today.
  4. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

I'm spending a lot of time on the "waiting for Forums.station.sony.com" then if, and it's really a very big IF, I'm lucky it doesn't reset the connection.
    Once I'm actually on the forums, it really is a matter of do I have 3 minutes between clicks to actually get to see a thread.
    Please is there actually something being done to address these issues?

(frustated part of post - if you don't want people using forums, please take them down rather than frustrating them into not using them :/ )
  5. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

A. Freaking. Men.

The "new and improved" eq2players completely sucks and the ability to use the forums is a joke. Fix it or take it down. SoE should be embarassed they can't make something as simple as a web forum work.
  6. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

This happens every other time I try and log on. This message may help someone since its more specific than the 404, or 500 errors usually generated.
    I don't know if anyone will see it herebut :
    Not Found

The requested URL /eq2/;jsessionid=F253D4B82F3E3A5F47003A5EB7421DCD.lvs-msgt1-3609 was not found on this server.
    Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips Server at forums.station.sony.com Port 80
  7. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Well I'm glad, and sad, to see that I am not the only person having these issues.
    It sucks for sure.
    Today is especially bad.. It took me several minutes, yes minutes, to get logged into the forums and when I clicked the bookmark link for this particular thread it took a couple more minutes, yes minutes, to load the thread.
    I use IE9 version 9.0.8112.16421 most of the time but it is just as bad when I use Safari or other browsers.
    I hope that they can do something about these forums but I sincerely do not think that they will given how long eq2players was broken and unmanaged.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cuelaen Guest

This is the third time ive tried to post something on a community announcement thread, and i get this message:
    * The subject has exceeded the maximum size of 100 characters. Current subject size: 101
    My post was this: "The wings are amazing!:)"-now i know i'm no math genius, but that is nowhere near 100 characters. Also, signing into the forums takes forever, i often have to hit refresh-and thats when i dont get the page not found error-please fix this soon.
  9. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Add to all this:
    1) can't search at all - all results are empty
    2) no emial notificatio for threads you have posted on
    3) no email notifications for threads being followed
    4) error message: you must type in a password - even though you typed the silly thing many many times
  10. ARCHIVED-GCP Guest

Fix the freaking forums (why the hell is dam with a "n" a bad word here? Is this the 1930s?)
    Really...I log in for 20 minutes, and get logged out.
    This has happened 3 times now.
  11. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Add to the list missing bookmarks as of today and no way to add new bookmarks now?!?
    Fixed.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

Still terrible performance. Many timeouts.
    Why can't we have someone from the forums team (or the forum person) post here and let us know what's up?
  13. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Gravy wrote:
    Good question.
    It took forever for me to get logged in tonight.
  14. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

signing in is still giving me the 404 error and I have to refresh every time in order to actually sign in .....
  15. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Still happening.
    The entire string not posted as a link ( removed https to post )
    //auth.station.sony.com/login?service=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.station.sony.com%2Feq2%2Fj_spring_cas_security_check&theme=eq2
  17. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Took me 3 trys to get logged in this time ... jesus christ
  18. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

too frustrated to even post right now.
  19. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

Maybe it was coincidence, but in Firefox 12, I right-clicked and selected View Page Info, then Security, Viewed Cookies and then deleted all the Cookies it had associated with the Forum site. Refreshed the browser, logged back in, and it has been fairly responsive after doing so. Be careful not to click on Remove All Cookies or it will delete all your cookies for every website (which still is a good thing to do every so often anyway).

I'm wondering if it's leaving junk in the Cookies and/or Browser cache causing things to get bogged down and/or borked next time.
  20. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Getting the 404 error and having to hit refresh when logging in is still happening almost daily.