Please give Warlocks and FC some love.

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Nero, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Yards Well-Known Member

I wish they would change FC into something cool instead of a boring + to some multiplier. Wishful thinking.
  2. Nero Active Member

Well, all we can do it bring this to the attention of the people who can make some changes.

I dont think that what is being asked is too much, just simple improvements that would fix a broken mechanic (FC) and a quality of life improvement (stacks not expiring).

I wouldn't even be against them just removing the timer from our stacks, and making the same change to all of the similar classes such as wizzys and BLs.
  3. Brightlyz Active Member

I think the stacks should count up when out of combat. That would be cool imo, so that when loot takes forever it helps us instead of make us rage.
  4. Kioske Well-Known Member

It's very disheartening for the state of the game to have had warlocks effectively "Softcapped" for an entire expansion and to have them take zero time to look at it. The fact that they changed nothing for the next expansion for class balance makes me even more sad. Get your act together Daybreak.
  5. Nero Active Member

Devs,

We all know that your full focus is on the upcoming launch of KA. That is fine, but could one of you please acknowledge that this is something you are all willing to look into as the x-pac rush dies down, or if there is no way any of this is ever going to be changed.

I think either one way or another we are just looking for some sort or acknowledgement here.
  6. Veta Well-Known Member

I wish they would make FC do something cool too. I approve of giving the necromancer in your group 50% of your potency. Thats definitely cool, and unique, in my opinion.
  7. Yards Well-Known Member

I rarely get a necro in my group, what are you smoking.
  8. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Now you know why I don't play anymore!
    Kioske likes this.
  9. Nero Active Member

OK, since we now know that at least 1 item will have an "Crit Bonus Overcap" stat, that will allow a player to go beyond the 4k CB cap, can we please just change FC to give us Overcap CB?

Im pretty sure everyone knows that we get 0 use out of regular CB right now, and that wont change as most of us will be at cap in KA as well.
  10. Rondo9 Active Member

I'd say that could possibly be on the cards.
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

I agree that FC needs to change. I don't agree with a 100 fervor buff.

As stated already, predators NEED the ravaging proc to compete with mages for top dps. You give warlocks a 100 fervor temp buff and they'll be way out in front.
  12. Nero Active Member

Ravaging procs 4-5 times as often as FC is up. FC would further be delayed as people would most likely hold it until their big DPS chain is up.

This is pure opinion and speculation, but you are correct, scouts did NEED ravaging to keep them competitive with mages, this was primarily due to the fact that mages were running around with an extra 1k+ CB due to the way the prestige conversions worked. Now that that has been fixed, you guys are on a fair playing field. Scouts now have the same exact stats, your abilities dont hit as hard, but you can literally get 2-3 or even 4 in very optimal conditions in the times that it takes me to cast 1 spell.

Long story short, im not going to argue weather or not FC should or shouldn't give 100 fervor, as someone here wisely pointed out, tying any temp buff to a static amount of potency, CB, or Fervor is bound to one day backfire, as we continue seeing stats increase at an exponential rate. Personally, at this rate, I think the best option would be to change the CB portion of FC to give us OVERCAP CB at the same rate that it currently does.
  13. Mogrim Well-Known Member

FC should just allow the Warlock to go over CB cap while it is up.
    That is all. Do that, and Warlocks would be fine. Fail to do that, and we're garbage.
    Kioske likes this.
  14. Aukoor New Member

Warlocks need an adjustment to remain relevant as Sorcerers and more importantly in support of our greatest asset: burst damage! It is nice that you juiced up the summoners, but they are still over-juiced in comparison. The logical choice to simply bring back our relevance is an adjustment to Focused Casting.

There are many good ideas brought forth to fix this problem coming from many warlocks who have been providing constructive feedback. I have looked for at least one Dev response to this issue and have yet to find one.

Has this issue been ignored due some future piece of equipment that'll be coming this xpac that addresses this problem? Some form of acknowledgement on this issue would be lovely.

In the meantime, I invite a GM (if there's any left) to come and sit in on a raid for a short duration and see first hand what we're all talking about. Come and play! See what we see.

Thank you.
  15. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Comparing classes atm summoner isn't over juiced that said wiz is looking pretty darn sweet while warlocks have been left out in the cold I can't work out why you would buff one and not the other.
  16. Yards Well-Known Member

Make fc overcap cb at 30% base cb, change it to 1:30 second reuse.
    Kioske likes this.
  17. Yiras New Member

I agree on doing something to FC, allow an overcap for CB will be good, also dont let the increments reset due to time expiration will be a great help.
  18. Yards Well-Known Member

Warlocks are still terrible, any plans on fixing them?
  19. Mandoblast Active Member

It would be very nice to get FC changed to do ANYTHING else but be useless.

As it stands right now, I am the only one in my raid that has a hammer AND I am getting outparsed by both assassins easily on ST and I still win on AOE fights. The necro's are closing in and the enchanters are right on their heels too. If we had a BL, I am sure he would smoke me too.

If I didn't have a hammer (yes I know, first world problems) I would be getting destroyed. And no, this is not a hammer post this is a please LOOK at warlocks and do anything. They have made a lot of changes to classes in KA already, just at least acknowledge that they are aware of this issue and are going to take a look.
  20. ZUES Well-Known Member

Fixed.