Please Give Coercers Some Love

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Gregore, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Gregore Active Member

My raid main has been my Coercer since the TSO XPAC, so I know the Coercer class pretty well. Over the last several years, our utility in groups and especially raids has been eroded by you DEVs regularly giving the other classes more and more utility. It has gotten to the point that I'm sitting on about half the raid encounters this XPAC, due to the raid having enough regen and hate management that they would rather insert another DPS class than take a Coercer. I can do all the raid scripts with no problems, and my Coercer is doing usually between 2 to 2.5 billion encounter DPS on T3 raid bosses, before haters chime in and say I suck at playing my class or something. It has gotten to the point that the raid leader has asked me to get my Conjy ready for raiding, so I can swap between the two toons as needed.
    The chain healers and wardens regen power like crazy, Warlocks regen power, Conjys can regen some, and hand out fervor buffs like candy. I'm pretty sure Troubs regen power as well. Illys got the reset ability, although Illys are almost as bad off as Coercers this XPAC.
    Velocity is a straight up garbage buff, that I only use when soloing because I have no other buffs I can cast in it's place. Multi-attack is a pretty useless stat for Coercers to buff, as everybody can easily get more than enough multi-attack on their own, and melee stats are less usefull this XPAC due to doublecast being king. Peaceful link is nice, and adding the damage proc to it was nice, but adding ability doublecast to it with the new Summer ethereal cloak rune is weak, especially compared to what the Warlocks and Wizards are getting for their cloak runes. How about making our new cloak rune add a small amount for fervor and/or doublecast to peaceful link instead? That would be way more utility! You could have Velocity buff doublecast and/or fervor instead of the useless multi-attack. The only useful ability that I bring to raids right now is my group 50 fervor/50 fervor overcap ability from last Summer's cloak rune, and it's on a 7-1/2min recast! At least I can use brews to reset it! It's still not enough to make my class desireable, and there's a lot of Coercers out there that probably don't even have that rune. maybe you can beef up our mimicry some more? It has lost some value with ascensions.
    Maybe you could beef up our pets some more, although this may anger Summoners. Just throwing some suggestions out there. Our epic weapon pet buff helps a lot in this regard though. It's 20% of my parse at ancient level. We Coercers need the gap closed by you DEVs, as we are losing our spots in raids at an alarming rate. Go look at the guild rosters for the top 10 raiding guilds WW. You will find maybe two or three raiding Coercers if you're lucky. I know, because I've looked.
    Maybe you can come up with a new utility ability or two to make us desireable in raid forces again? I have thrown my few ideas out there. That's about all I have, but I know for sure chanters, especially Coercers, need some major love by you DEVs right now. Please help us to be good again! Thanks
    Kraeref, Mercychalice and Stifle like this.
  2. Stifle New Member

Wow! I could not have said this any better. As the one consistent coercer that shows up for our raids, I was just saying the other day "where are all the other classes that love to flaunt that they have a power regen now?". This was after a DPS used up all his power on the fight that requires you keep your power up (above 50% I believe) and the raid leader said at the beginning of the fight to keep your power up. It feels like every other class over time has been given the ability to do what we use to be the only ones (and illy's too to an extent) able to do. I'm sure it is a matter of time before my raid leader says the same to me about preparing an alt to raid with.

oh well...I still love playing the Coercer. I guess I will enjoy it while it lasts:(
  3. kilur New Member

Totally agree. Even the headers (warden-defiler) far outnumber us in the mana regen. Enchanters main are very few and those who are left are forced to create another class dps.I know that the day my raid leader tells me that, I leave the game. Too much time spent in coercer ... I do not say the years, because they are already too many .... Although as you every time you get a little more discouraged to see that you clearly exceed in dps and what you did own class is now also overcome because others also do it and better.
  4. slica Active Member

You do realize how much better ability double cast is than actual double cast ya??? :0
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Think you have it bad? Try playing an illusionist, haha. Then come back and tell me how bad your mana regen is.
  6. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It's not bad. It's not required from a coercer anymore. And our dps is not that high to keep us in raids.
    Gregore likes this.
  7. kilur New Member

If you read the post well, I referred to enchanters (coercer-illusionist), although it is true that illusionist you have worse. Although it seems that I complain about the mana regen of warden-defiler is just the opposite lol, luckily they are them in raid.I would like for us that the manacloak regenerate like yours.
    The dps now focuses on the ascension.En heroic you can defend well for the duration of the meetings, but the raid is different. The enchanters are the lowest tier, so when our class spells come into play the difference It is clear with the rest.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, Kilur, but I have spent some long time in convo with a coercer friend who parses in the billions on his toon. That said, our mana cloaks operate completely differently. Your mana cloak is far superior to what an illy's does. We were surprised at how differently they act considering we share a common spell between us. Check out the description for both classes and you'll see what I mean.
  9. Gregore Active Member

Yes, I realize how much ability double cast is better than regular spell double cast. It doesn't change the fact that our new Enchanter orange runes are lame as hell. +5.5 ability double cast is still weak, especially when mobs have ability double cast resistance out the wazoo. Change that 5.5 ability double cast to 5.5 or even 10 fervor, and then we're getting somewhere, cause as it is now, there's no reason for raid leaders to include chanters in raids, unless they're just hurting for warm bodies.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

soon mana ... if changes continue after defiler/sorcerer mana changes
  11. Kioske Well-Known Member

I love you Gregore.
  12. Kiramon2 New Member

So I shouldn’t do a coercer as a mage? I just want to do buffing/group useful utility
  13. Mark John Member

As far as raiding, you would be far better off on a Warlock in my opinion.

Per Coercers and Illusionists, they should be the unparalleled leaders in a power regen, and given the power drains in many raid encounters, with reasonable T2 dps they would have enough to deserve a raid slot.
  14. Gregore Active Member

I'm doing 2 to 3BIL encounter DPS on T3 & T4 POP raid bosses, and a certain high end raiding guild that shall remain nameless still didn't want me to play my Coercer! Yes, I was still regening and buffing while doing that DPS! They wanted me to switch raid mains to my Conjy, which I'm solid on, but no where near as good on as my Coercer. That's the state of Coercers in the game ATM, even with all the power regen nerfs to other classes! Things didn't work out with that guild that shall remain nameless, and now I'm in Resistance, where a great Coercer is appreciated and wanted, but Coercers and Illys are still in a bad way. You have to be an extreme over achiever as far as building your toon up into an unstoppable DPS machine, in order to carve out a place in a raid force, cause Coercers just don't bring the utility like they should be. I'm not going to go into what needs to be done to improve them, because I've already done that elsewhere in the forums, and it has fallen on deaf ears. I honestly don't think the DEVs have even thought about Coercers for at least a good three or four years now. We are one of the forgotten classes.