Please fix AA reseting

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by slippery, Nov 14, 2012.

1. slippery Well-Known Member

I'm tired of spending all my AA's and then having them reset when I zone or log out. It's really old, it's been happening for a long time, and it is ridiculously frustrating. Please for all that is holy someone fix this.

Want a character to look in to? I spent AA's on Thristin (Antonia Bayle) last night, today everything was gone. I spent AA's on Iheals (Antonia Bayle) last night (though I don't think I spent everything), all gone today. I'm sure others can give you more characters to look into.

Please find a way to make them save correctly all the time.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

One solution which has been suggested but not thoroughly tested, is to wait 1 second between each point you spend.
  3. slippery Well-Known Member

Honestly, no. It should be fixed. We shouldn't have to go through hoops and try to game the system so that our stuff works. I haven't come up with a magical rhyme or reason why. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've tried all the little gimmicks, it doesn't matter. Sometimes you're just going to get screwed and they are going to reset.

P.S. I looked but didn't see the other thread until after I posted this (Where are you separate forums like Spells and Abilities, Items and Equipment, Zones and Population) due to the mass of threads. If you can actually merge threads (I hope so!) this should probably be merged into the other one.
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

We really need Spells and Abilities, Items and Equipment, Zones and Population forums to come back.
    Miamya likes this.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

Did you try setting them then camping out of game and coming back?

Rothgar commented on this some time ago, and there is an issue related to saving and persistence. There were a couple known ways to force the commit. One I think was camping before zoning, the other I think involved an AA mirror.

I agree, it should just be fixed, but I imagine there are bigger bugs running around right now.
  6. slippery Well-Known Member

I dunno, this is pretty huge. I've tried all sorts of things. The AA mirror usually works, but I'm not thinking about that until after the fact that I already got screwed, making it too late.
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

Also, re-enabling the confirm on each click seems to fix it, and I agree its annoying, but well, you do it once and it usually goes away for 6 months.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

Which suggests a Race Condition to me.
  9. Terrogaunt Developer

If it's resetting for you like this (and enabling the confirm window is helping), it's most likely that you're choking up the tree by spending the points too fast. I'm going to look into verifying that the system is ready before letting you spend another point, but I'd recommend taking a little time to spend them and not do it so quickly for the time being. Sorry guys!
  10. slippery Well-Known Member

sigh. Again. Ipom (Antonia Bayle) like 10 minutes ago. Spend fine, zone, cast mount, zone, camp to self, aa reset. My face is sad
  11. Terrogaunt Developer

I checked in some code that will prevent the game from firing off multiple db requests at the same time by one character, but it's speculative to whether or not that's what's happening to you. When that goes in (most likely tomorrow), be sure to update whether or not it's still happening :)
  12. slippery Well-Known Member

I'll try, but I'm rather hoping my stuff stops resetting before tomorrow. Going through like 20 characters to spend 400 things is not fun! Trying to get it out of the way
  13. Terrorpeutic New Member

What worked for me is confirming AA. I unchecked it to make the process goes faster, then when I'm done I check the box to confirm AA. Had to redo my trees 3 times yesterday to figure it out! And it took the system around 10 minutes to catch up with the update, by then I'm in another zone doing other things.
  14. Moammar New Member

I didn't do the confirm thing, but I did wait for the description to update before spending another, worked 90% of the time :/
  15. Sabaar Member

I noticed today while resetting a few of my alts that the YELLOW number on the lag meter (F-11) was spiking VERY high every time that I clicked on an AA ability. No idea if this helps or not but I thought that I would mention it.
  16. isest Active Member

4 of my toons have the aa reset issue, the others don't don't know why it resets. However it does. Hopefully you will get this fixed.
  17. Arieste Well-Known Member

Mine had reset 3 times. Turning the "confirm" option back on did fix the issue and they did not reset again.
  18. starbuck Member

try sending a support ticket i dont have this issue. ps this thread would have been more helpfull to you in the support forums then ggpd.
  19. slippery Well-Known Member

No it wouldn't. This isn't something Service Representatives need to see, it's something Devs/Coders need to see. A support ticket would do absolutely nothing except waste someones time

To Terrogaunt, does giving you character names and times help you in any way? Like does the server log them being spent and can you see why it might not have saved by looking at that characters logs?
  20. Terrogaunt Developer

Depends on if it's still happening. Have you spent your AA points and had them reset since today's patch? There should be code in place as of the patch this morning that should make it a lot more reliable. If you're still getting your points wiped after having allocated them with the new code, by all means send me a PM with details :)