Please don't tell me these come from raiding....

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kristabella, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

New Recipe from Erdani in Savage Weald: Scepter of Illumination:

Materials:
    1 Glass Orb of Swirling Shadows (from harvesting)
    1 Orb of Brilliant Energy
    1 Vibrating Phantasic Core
    1 Shadowed Expulsion Rune
    250 Coruscating Coal

Fivalt is on a recipe now for Vibrating Phantasic Core

Materials:
    10 Balanzite Crystals
    1 Precarious Lashing
    1 Twisted Rod of Balanzite
    1 Filled Experience Vial (200,000 adventure xp) REALLY?????

Where do the Balanzite Crystals, Precarious Lashing, Twisted Rod of Balanzite, Orb of Brilliant Energy and Shadowed Expulsion Rune Come from?

And the one recipe calls for an experience vial that needs to be purchased with cash? it doesn't matter you can get them on the broker, at some point in time SOMEONE bought them with CASH. So it will take a CASH item to make this recipe, IF you can get all the components. If they come from a raid, none of the rest of us have a chance to get it.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Other researchers, I think.
  3. Kristabella Well-Known Member

I looked at all the other researchers. The only one I found was on Fivalt - Vibrating Phantasic Core (currently researching)
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

One of the premises of this expansion is that to defeat the raid encounter, you'll need to craft special weapons. So I'm not sure these are the ones, but there are definitely raid dropped crafting components again this expansion (just like CD had them)
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We were told that the exp vial will be obtainable via quest. Maybe the Raidventure?
  6. Bentenn Well-Known Member

you realize the scepter is used for a raid quest though right...so kinda makes sense that components drop from raid.
  7. Kristabella Well-Known Member

I have been seeing server announcements of people getting the "Scepter of Shadows" or something like that, which I am told is for the raids, if I recall it's quested by getting those shards. Why would they need another one with slightly less stats, that is crafted?
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

\aITEM -521654048 -686603221 0 0 0:[Scepter of Shadows]\/a can be bought in Seru after you have done the quest Binding to the Dark | EverQuest 2 Wiki | Fandom and got all necessary items in the last expansion. The items are dropping in old raid zones as well as rare in old heroic zones
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Both Scepters do some decent damage as clicky items. And they're a raid thing, so not everyone is expected to get them.

OTOH, you want one, then to start the quest you have to get one of the pieces. (It's not a collection, but it sorta acts like one, or like a L&L quest, in that examining a piece gets you the quest).

I know one of the loot crates in BoL was dropping the cauldron, I want to say it was the one from Dropped Quests or POI-Clicky quests. The cauldron piece will disappear, so most of us didn't pay it much mine, but that's plenty to get the quest started then you can do the TS sig line in RoS and buy the shards. Or it should be dead easy to get a pick-up raid together and go annihilate the raid zone in The Blinding to get some shards.
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

the only recipes available from the research assistants, require raid components.
    for your average crafter there is no recipes available on the research assistant.
    the books we get as rewards for the harvesting quests require patterns from heroic zones. these patterns are like a rare, one use only.
    all research items apart from the raid scepter, are HOUSE ITEMS.

and someone thought these were a good ideas? o_O

to whoever is making these poor decisions, please note, not all of us spend all our days in our house decorating. I am so sick to death of house items as TRADESKILL rewards.
  11. Bentenn Well-Known Member

I've seen crafters buy up these patterns on the broker or have their guildies farm them and then craft, experiment, and sell for millions on the broker. Crafters are not hurting this expac at all. The patterns are also used for raid crafted gear. The same pattern can be used for T5-T12, just need the book.
  12. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Aren't most of them heirloom?
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Apparently they changed that soon after release. You can buy a bunch. Not sure that people will be BUYING anything made with them, so it's a roll of the dice if you invest in patterns to craft them try to sell on the broker. I do see some stalwarts listing experimented Visionary gear made from patterns on the broker, but I don't know if people are purchasing it.
  14. Bentenn Well-Known Member

I've had most go for 1million plat.. some are higher and those patterns, are the same patterns that can be used for the raid gear.. so once most know that, now u do, they will sell for a bit more.
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Yes it is, when Khati Sha is defeated, you get the empty vial, which is used as normal to fill with experience.
  16. Benj Well-Known Member

I've seen Precarious Lashing drop in the Raidventure zone, and I assume that all of the other unknown components are also raid drops. I don't have a problem with raid-tier items being produced with raid drops. My ideal system would require raid-tier adventurers and "raid-tier" crafters working together for best-in-slot items. The Precarious Lashing we found was Heirloom, but that doesn't prevent the recipe from being commissioned. Let's bring back tradeskill quests AND tradeskill missions. Let me be a "raid-tier" crafter, rather than a solo crafter who also raids.
    Zynt likes this.
  17. Roewane New Member

18. Roewane New Member

The Precarious Lashings drop at the end of the Raidadventure zone, and we got an experience vial (empty) when we finished the shoulder quest in Shadowweaver's Thicket raid zone. The Balanzie Crystals are tradeable and are extremely rare harvests when you are shadow harvesting (using the shadowed staff of Luclin from BoL tradeskiller questline or a Glass Orb of Swirling Shadows). The Shadowed Expulsion runes are rewarded each time you finish the raidadventure zone I think, unless that's the Orb of Brilliant Energy. I received the Twisted Rod of Balanzite from a quest reward or drop, I think, maybe even the tradeskill repeatables. I hope this helps
  19. Benj Well-Known Member

Here is the full breakdown on how to get the materials for each researched weapon. All of these recipes may be commissioned. Note that you need 2 Vibrating Phantastic Cores if you want both the Scepter and a Phantastic weapon. These are raid quality items that require raid drops. If you do not raid, you will not be able to make/buy any of them.

Scepter of Illumination (single-use recipe)
    • 1 Glass Orb of Swirling Shadows (NO-TRADE) - rare harvest from any Luclin node. Requires some shadow prospecting skill.
    • 1 Orb of Brilliant Energy (HEIRLOOM) - guaranteed drop off Khati Sha (T3 raid boss). Everyone in the raid gets 2 per kill.
    • 1 Shadowed Expulsion Rune (HEIRLOOM) - guaranteed drop off Grieg Veneficus (T2 raid boss). Everyone in the raid gets 2 per kill.
    • 1 Vibrating Phantastic Core (HEIRLOOM) - crafted, see below
    • 250 Coruscating Coal (tradeable) - purchased from any fuel merchant
    Phantastic weapon (several varieties) (unlimited use recipe)
    • 1 Vibrating Phantastic Core (HEIRLOOM) - crafted, see below
    • 1 Stolen Ssraeshzian Plans (HEIRLOOM) - drop off Sezjin the Betrayer (T3/T4 raid boss). This boss has 4 difficulty levels, with higher difficulties increasing the drop rate. At level 3, it is a guaranteed drop with one per chest. You need the plan that corresponds to the weapon you want (e.g. Stolen Ssraeshzian Plans - Focus to make Phantastic Focus).
    • 1 Living Embodiment of Shadow (HEIRLOOM) - guaranteed drop off Kaas Thox Xi Aten Ha Ra (T4 raid boss). 3 drops per kill.
    • 50 Any Shadowed Harvest (tradeable) - harvest from any Luclin shadowed node. Requires some shadow prospecting skill.
    • 50 Vial of Apothic Breath (HEIRLOOM) - uncommon drop off trash in Vex Thal [Raid]
    Vibrating Phantastic Core (unlimited use recipe)
    • 10 Shadow Balanzite Crystal or Gem - You may mix and match Shadow Balanzite Crystals and Shadow Balanzite Gems
      • Shadow Balanzite Crystal (tradeable) - rare harvest from any RoS shadowed node. Requires some shadow prospecting skill.
      • Shadow Balanzite Gem (NO-TRADE) - uncommon drop off bosses in Vex Thal [Raid]
    • 1 Precarious Lashings (HEIRLOOM) - guaranteed drop off Grieg Veneficus (T2 raid boss) and Khati Sha (T3 raid boss). It is also a rare drop on other T1/T2 raid bosses.
    • 1 Twisted Rod of Balanzite (HEIRLOOM) - extremely RNG-biased reward from any heroic mission (some people say it's common; others still haven't found one). It is also a possible reward from the Tier 7 loot crate on the currency merchant.
    • 1 Filled Experience Vial (tradeable) - empty vials can be purchased for real money in the Marketplace. You also receive an empty vial the first time you kill Khati Sha (T3 raid boss) and another empty vial the first time you kill Kaas Thox Xi Aten Ha Ra (T4 raid boss).
    • 250 Coruscating Coal (tradeable) - purchased from any fuel merchant