Please clarify this particular patch note

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sennen, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Azian Well-Known Member

I honestly don't believe that they nerfed them because of the difference between those that have them and those that don't. They nerfed them because they were just plain too powerful and that became more and more obvious with the potency explosion that started with the Zek expansion. In my opinion, they also tended to make the most powerful classes even more powerful. From my observation, the top dps have been scaled back somewhat more than those of us who were already down a peg or two.
    Mizgamer62 and Tharrakor like this.
  2. Elinea Well-Known Member

The only argument I have with this, is that the Zek game update and those high potency items that gave us that boost, came out in April....long before the "summer ethereal event". The runes were already in game from Thalumbra expansion release, THEN the Zek game update came along and boosted our potency capabilities, THEN they came up with the summer ethereal event to draw more people back into the game. It makes no sense to take nerf them at this point in the game, when current expansion mobs are much harder to kill.
  3. Azian Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with anything you said. I'm just guessing they had a "well, what are we going to do..." moment and we ended up with this substantial nerf.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Before now, they should have had a council of player leaders to talk to to work things out. You know, kinda like what EQ was supposed to have after the OOW/GOD disaster?
  5. Ykysh New Member

In ToT, before summer event, my guild at the end of raidnight after every server reset zonned to the kralet contested with full raid for made 2nd or 3rd instance of dungeon, then zonned out and invited people for farm nameds here, its took as 1 month for 70% of our raidforce looted their runes, players who didnt had runes get ethereal weapons from players who had rune. As my expirience now nameds in kralet have increased chance to drop rune then it was in ToT.

Beware about epic 2.0 it can ruin some classes instead give them something good. There was examples before:
    Swashbucklers never was good class, and dev's gives them antisinergy epic 1.0 with lack of effects.
    Dirges had superior epic 1.0 effect, which made them t2 dpsers with support ability, but it was nerfed two times, and lack of utility that class brings forced them reroll to troubs.
  6. beetle New Member

You are confusing farming a useful item along with grinding deity/ascension something that everyone in this game basically has to do (unless all you do is solo and then what do you need the rune for anyway) with doing old useless content that gives you nothing but a timesink so the devs don't have to do their jobs and create new content.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

Every casual player was able to get at least 90 ethernal coins for a rune without great effort last summer.
    The whole ethernal summ event offered you at least 500 coins for doing all daily/weekly quests with additional dropchance for ethernal items.

So the reset removal effects really the fun of a lot of players. (2min global reset timer is almost a removal)

It's a different thing how much output you get out of the hammer/fervor/heartbound/reset/deity mechanism ;)
    DoomDrake and Xyno like this.
  8. Poemaon Member

Let People Work whole Summer (2 Times) for Items/Runes they nerf at the end.

Maybe they want Death Servers Next Summer.

And Yes it was more Fun Playing whit Resets.
    DoomDrake, Xyno, Yahku and 2 others like this.
  9. Yahku Active Member

Better say nothing than lie to the players or tell them the hard truth, here is my theory. . .

After months of artificial progress blocking, the devs finally have the so called "timeline" more or less finished and have to design the weapons now. Surprise! It is hard to design something which is an update to the old equipment! WTF! Lets nerf it!!!
    Whiomaju likes this.
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

I do not like the changes in mechanic within the last 2 weeks:

* global reset timer (removal of reset => almost no spells up to click)
    * ability doublecast (adding of triplecast)

Overall i do much nore dps than before by having much less fun... was this intended?
    Ykysh likes this.
  11. Whiomaju Member

The Devs are trapped by the DPS Exponential Curve they themselves created. All their resulting actions designed to slow down the game and block progress (artificial blocks, nerfs of previously sold conent, time locks etc) is a result of the doubling of dps output every few weeks/months. 100 million > 200 million > 400 million > 800 million etc etc etc

This is the reason items are either obsolete or OP, with little in between. This is also true for the Epic 2. Either it will be obsolete (something that will not be accepted by players) or it will be OP (in which case it will be nerfed, reset rune style).

There is no way Epic 2 will remain best in slot for any length of time unless a. the Devs freezes all progess for months b. it's not about the weapon but the unique proc - which then means it's the proc that is unique rather than the weapon. All Dev talk about Epic 2 being best in slot for two years is just a sales pitch - just like the Eth runes (reset) were a sales pitch.

This situation has now resulted in the fact that DBG has started selling it's customers the same content TWICE. A very neat trick if you can get away with it.
    Tekka, Ixian, Protips and 4 others like this.
  12. Protips Member

The problem is, they are trying to balance the game with the top1% players. Yea some are hitting 800mil dps or 1.5bil or 3bil if you purchased a beastlord, but many is still having great fun with their 130mil dps with current content, struggle to clear ka heroic content. Finally they are able to finish something and told their friend yayy we can farm this, and the next day their rune dont reset, their gm-ed ascension is doing crap damage, and they are not dedicated enough to get the double cast rune because they never thought it was useful and didn't make enough coin, and the next thing is they stuck with what they already accomplished.

on the other hand, people can do 800+ is because they know how to.

There are guilds with scout topping parse, there are guilds with mage topping parse, and there are like majority of guilds beastlord topping parse (I just had to put this in a different category lol).

And of above, the 1st type mage will call scout nerf, 2nd type scout will call mage nerf, 3rd type raid leader posted XXX guild recruiting more BL.

To this point, the biggest questions is, what type of behavior are the game rewarding?

1. people read skill, time and prioritize skills, and learn how to be best at their class
    2. people who spent alot of money
    3. people who complaint the most
    4. people who spent a lot of time grinding

> its def not 1 cause if you get good you get nerfed, bacause it is your class too op not you
    > its is somewhat 2, many on the forum already say too much pay to win
    > 3 seems viable, you got enough people screaming you over change something
    > Its def not 4 as well, because recent change has showned no respect to people's grinding, dedication and time regarding the eth rune change.

so
    Protips on how to be better at this game is:
    Make more Earth currency, dont grind, no need to read skill, and file complaint when ever you can.

GG
    Prissetta and Ykysh like this.
  13. Ebarel Member

sure, you are not following the designed fun, which is different. you should have their kind of fun, then you are ok. ;)
  14. Jrox Well-Known Member

Interesting, as utility and DPS it affected a bit more for me. The reset worked for Blinding Shock, Master Strike, Psy Trauma, Chromatic Illusion, Unda, Nightmare, Theorems, Spell Bind, Peace of Mind, Time Warp which still gives additional ticks to Group DoT's, and Flash of Brilliance. Giving way for almost a full rotation without Mimic.

So I would disagree and say it affected Illy's pretty substantially IMHO.

And 130Mil DPS in Grp or Raid is not fun or respectable for that game type as you are an impairment to your team, and expecting them to carry you...
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

In a few days we will see if daybreak thought about the consequences of this change...

With Epic 2.0 an Illy gets a castable reset on a raidmember

Very very useless if this reset does not work because of the global reset restrictions

BTW: I still do not like the reset changes and playing EQ2 lost a lot of fun because of this mechanic change
  16. Eliohia2 Active Member

I am not an uber player. I am not all geared out with nothing but the best. I worked all summer long, doing as many zones as I could just to get to 90 coins to buy one of these runes. And now it is worthless pretty much. I will not do another one as I learned my lesson here. It is sad for me because I have played from day one of EQ1 to now. NO, I am not leaving the game or threatening to...I love this game. I am sad because this shows me that eventually, this game will not be the same one I love playing (yes I know some people will say now not eventually). This game is important to me. It is my one constant source of entertainment and a way for me to chat with friends. I am disabled so I don't really go anywhere except to dr. appt. and most of my friends have moved on. (No, I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me) I guess my point is just that everyone seems to be up in arms about who got what and how much better they are, but here I am (and surely not the only one) having worked really hard to get even one of those runes and basically I was just slapped in the face for even bothering to try. Thanks
    Meneltel, Tekka, Beee and 2 others like this.
  17. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Lets make it ABSOLUTELY clear - EVERYONE who wanted been able to get at very least reset rune. Getting 45 eth coins was not even remotely challenging on the boot in the end of event it was double coin WEEK (it was sufficient to get reset rune in 1 week really). Now I was not the most zelous player over summer time, I was not fortune to get many eth as reward (I got 1 - charm) -still! I was able to get all 3 runes, full set of 3 eth items (charm, bracer and earring) and get 1 more reset rune to my alt.. Yes my main now BL and I was in need to get at least 2 runes to be competitive but getting 90 coins over summer time was really easy.
    I have to admit that was very nice carrot - folks been grouping for daily/weekly religiously - finding group was easy (collection of zones was may be not the best but idea was good). With 2 minute nerf - most who been punished is casual players - why? because carrot been replaced! instead of 30s proc base Pot/CB/HP been introduced via thither grind ... yep simple like that. So I guess nerf come from request of top 1% that general crowd came to close to their rating on parse no divide line goes by those who have 40+ points in Pot via thither and those who don't
  18. VGScastaway Member

So, it's been almost a month... Was this a run-of-the-mill "shut up and deal with it" reply? Or have you actually been watching the feedback (etc), and if so, when are you readjusting it?
  19. Azian Well-Known Member

I'm going to go with option D) answers A and B and both correct. Watching our feedback (read: grumpy whining from many players, myself included) does not mean that there will be any further adjustment. I've written off anything other than having a 2 minute reset and do not expect it to change. Like many others, I've adjusted my casting order accordingly and play with the new mechanics. I believe this is likely a dead-horse issue.
  20. beetle New Member

RadarX said:
    “First, let's please keep feedback on topic and constructive. Any concerns on that, PM me.

Folks this was a necessary balance change the team needed to make, and at this point they are actively watching your feedback along with pertinent data. Please take the next few days to jump in and try things out and provide us your feedback on the overall impact.”
    For whatever reason I cant quote and have it work so I just copied and pasted but this comment is so hypocritical it isn't even funny. Why? After seeing the epic quest and what 4-5 bis items from the line the weapon itself with 25 static fervor and the spells you get all from one questline it's worse than the rune. It's like saying if you don't do this questline your irrelevant to this game so just go ahead and quit now if you do anything other than solo. And the added bonus of not being able to raid t4 without the planar protection buff that and you simply wont be able to keep up on the parse. It's a big f u to the playerbase.