Please clarify this particular patch note

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sennen, Jan 4, 2017.

1. beetle New Member

It was only necessary because A) the people who don't have the rune are too lazy to go farm the contested zone for the rune so complain about the effect being op. B) you needed it to make the epic2.0 seem so much better. The problem I have with it is I personally am tired of DBG's laziness in creating or not creating new content and making me go back and do a bunch of bs old meaningless content for things like the epic 2.0 and the crafters sig line and I am to the point to where I refuse to do it anymore. And I am not doing the epic 2.0 on principle because your too lazy to create enough new content to do it without making me run a timesink of old meaningless content. If my sub wasn't paid up for a year I would have already quit and will quit when it runs out.
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

What do they call people like you in english? Hypocrite?
    You say ppl are too lazy to go grind kralet for the rune so it was nerfed.
    Then you go on about how you refuse to do the epic 2.0 because its too tedious to do old content? LoL
    Mizgamer62 and Malleria like this.
  3. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

What do u mean exactly? Are you saying that scouts reset rune wasnt nerfed? Because i am 100% sure that an Assassin will loose more dps from this nerf then your Conjuror.
    VGScastaway likes this.
  4. Ashandra Well-Known Member

I am talking about the ferv rune and the new dc combat art thing seen some scary scout parses not assassin though was blord and brig class balance seems to have fallen by the way side.
  5. duckster Active Member

The rune was broken for some time and this is what it was supposed to do(the 1 trigger of copying spell cast). Similarly i thought mages had one that suppose to do same?

Folks with hammer still have fervor every 30s no?
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

Ethereal Expertise is now ability doublecast, but it does not work usefull for petcaster

Most time hammer still triggers ever 45-60 seconds, but you have no spells up for using the fervor proc.
    Mage reset rune is useless and can be put in the bank
    VGScastaway, duckster and Ykysh like this.
  7. Ykysh New Member

Both things happens for scouts, no ablities for cast when prock triggering. And rune share global reset cd with hammer but resets less amount spells.
    Beee and duckster like this.
  8. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It indeed looks like devs let few guilds to finish most of expac and then turn around and cut off all other guilds. I am sure when selected guilds were testing raids on beta the content was balanced around having a hummer and reset runes. And probably with a shadow assassin spell in mind too. Now when nerf went in would be much harder for all other guilds to catch up with leaders.

Every expansion it's like a recurring motive.
  9. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Не думаю, что программеры игры могут читать по-русски :D Если пост направлен в адрес владельцев компании, то они вряд-ли следят за форумом. Так-что как-то не понятно зачем все это выделывание перед другими. Это на случай охладить пыл возмущения от изменений в игре.
  10. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Shadow assassin ascension ability is nerfed too. No worries. You got your wish.
  11. duckster Active Member

Indeed and sometimes if unlucky you can wait a long time at start of fights to get fervor proc off for big chains/ascension abilities.
  12. duckster Active Member

It affects group too though so a group full of mages wearing one can be fortunate on big hits at start of fights?

The pet classes always get shafted. Seems a struggle to make things work correctly for necro/conj at least.

Least the hammer can still give fervor...silver lining and all. :)
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

EQ2 sucks for me without a working hammer reset

It's not a DPS Change - It's the lost of fun beeing able to click spells

No working Reset Rune - no working Hammer Rest - no working ability doublecast (preinformation)

This things make EQ2 a luck game instead of knowing when to do something to get a huge Output.

It's 100% OK the reset and fervor runes not to work with the hammer (AUTSCH - don't hit me) but it's the same as 30 heartboud fervor or the 100 fervor proc.. this things are wrong and should have never been in the game.. but you can not remove them without frustrating players
  14. Malleria Well-Known Member

Tons of players don't have the reset runes/hammer - no problem. Take it away from those who had it? OMG THE GAME ISNT FUN.
  15. Elinea Well-Known Member

It seems to me this thread is filled with folks that are either supremely annoyed by the changes to the global cool down timer, or people who it doesn't affect them either way and want everyone else to stop whining. But nowhere do I see anyone going "Oh my GOD thank you! I'm so glad you've made this change!"

So what exactly is the purpose of this change if it wasn't going to make *anyone* at all happy? I mean seriously. Would it have been awful-terrible-devastating to just leave it as it was? I don't imagine it's got anything to do with future epics since we didn't get to test them in beta, so nobody really knows what the effects will be. Right?

We got to pump our potency and ability mod by a lot with this expansion, but I figured it was because the mobs are that much harder to kill than Thalumbra mobs are. So why didn't this change happen back when it was relevant to Thalumbra encounters? Why nerf it now...when the mobs are harder to kill than before. I'm really baffled.

And I also imagine that the community wouldn't be so ready to grab their pitch forks if the dev team gave us a solid explanation, rather than their patented silence and leave us to imagine the worst.
    Yahku, Beee and Prissetta like this.
  16. beetle New Member

Yeah I guess the fact that I put in the time and effort over the summer to get the rune and complaining about not having quests made from new content makes me a hypocrite. You are an idiot.
  17. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

They nerfed it probably because they realised that using these as carrots during the summer was a big misstake. They are simply too good. The difference between ppl who have the runes and the ones who dont are night and day. In ToT they were extremely rare and not many had them.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  18. Ashandra Well-Known Member

I'd like to see class tinkering over blanket changes to the way things work it's seems to boost the stronger classes each change more then the ones that need a bit of a hand thus making the current weak classes even less powerful in comparison.
  19. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Far from it actually.

You call people lazy cuz they complain about an endless grind in old content for best in slot runes. Thats just insulting when someone has spent day after day after day in that zone with no result.

Then you complain about having to do old content for best in slot weapon. After your first statement that kind of makes you a hypocrite.

I dont like doing the prereqs for epic 2.0 either but atleast every minute spent on epic 2.0 is a minute of progress. In kralet there is no progress
  20. Whiomaju Member

DGB has to realize they also nerfed their credibility.

You can't design an entire Summer Event around a few Glorious Carrots only to snatch the Carrots away just when people are supposed to enjoy their reward from months of hard work. "So Sorry but we changed our minds, no Carrots for you." Will anyone trust DBG again when their marketing department bleats about The Next Great Event? I don't think so.

Carrot snatching is not cool. "Sorry, we changed our minds, no Epic 2.0 for you."