Please change the end boss chests to exquisite

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Thalador, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Thalador Active Member

SOE - Please change the treasure chests dropped from the bosses in CoE to exquisite. I know my raidforce uses raid hub to keep track of loot and it does not, luckily, pick up treasure chests. Even if we were not using RH I would go into my log file the next day looking for something like "from the exquisite chest" to keep track of it.

Please make this simple change to make our lives easier.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Um, I can only think of 3 bosses that do not drop Exquisite that are Raid Bosses.
    - Drinal
    - Fitzpitzle
    - General Teku

Are you talking about Heroic? Or the Obol chests? The type of chest drop signifies if there is a type of gear in it.
    - Non-gear or <Treasured = Wooden Chest
    - Treasured = Standard Chest
    - Legendary = Ornate Chest
    - Fabled = Steel/Exquisite Chest

Edit: RaidHub/Guild Connect are 3rd party software add-ons that use EQ2 Logs to do their job. They are not supported by SOE, you may wish to take this issue up with the provider of your Software.
  3. Thalador Active Member

Baroddas (sp) the big monkey also drops a treasure chest, but these are the ones I am speaking of. The reply from folks like raid hub is if they made the software pick up treasure chests it would pick up all the garbage from soloing. This should be an easy fix from SOE. Is there a reason they aren't exquisite?
    Kraeref likes this.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

The reason as Gninja has explained is that the specialized chests are used because the normal Exquisite Chests on those fights are extreamly prone to bugging out and being underground, in the air (out of reach) or empty. Also they are used when the devs want the chest to spawn in a specific location.

Drinal: Elevator causes all sorts of bugs.
    Teku: Scripted sequence and the Exquisite was stuck on FFA
    Fitzpitzle: He was prone to despawn and that would carry onto his chest if it were normal and nothing would drop.
    Borrodas: He runs around up and down hills there is a good chance the chest would spawn out of range in a tree or underground.

This is why Toxxulia had a chest, the rampant chest-glitch can be seen in about 30% of Trakanon Kills the number of times I heard guilds petition GM's to summon the chest was bad.

/summon_chest doesn't work all the time either. It is annoying that RH cannot track that for you but... that is what Notepad is for. I have done the DKP tracking for my guild and let me tell you Excel/Notepad will be your friends.
  5. knine Well-Known Member

there is a loot parser you can plug into ACT.. but you would have to pay.. no wait thats free as well.. it gets everything :)
  6. Tazany New Member

I have provided the log files to RH author so he can add them into those zones which is all thats needed. As for it picking up all the various chest while soloing if you're running RH while soloing then guess you need to be told each time something is on you while solo lol. Its not hard to exclude them considering you can check which zone you're in and which boss you killed.
  7. Thalador Active Member

After reading the reasons posted by Estred I can understand this more. Hopefully RH will put in a fix for this. And yes, me notepad and Excel are very good friends :D
  8. Kalmaraa Active Member

Personally I wouldn't mind the stewards and other CoE stuff to be considered endgame stuff, so better chests would be a good thing. Reason being is that I am a bit tired of folks I know that flaunt there Plane of War loot to others to make them jealous of it and calling it end game loot as it's the best.

A better understanding of what I am saying would reflect this. Storyline wise, Plane of War is not the end of the game, going up against Drinal is. The look and special chests should better reflect this.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

The flaunting always has annoyed me. However PoW is still pretty much end-game... the 5 HM bosses in CoE make up the other part and the Avatar's make up the Jewelry part.
  10. Tylia Well-Known Member

So, I'm wondering why the name of the chests can't be changed to something else? Maybe call it A Golden Treasure Chest or something so that it can be added to loot programs without those programs picking up everything looted from the regular Treasure Chest. Why must these "special" chests be called a Treasure Chest?
    Kraeref and Thalador like this.