Please bring back EQ2 Original Theme

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Gabe, May 7, 2019.

1. Gabe Member

Hi,
    I recently started to play EQ2 again.
    I was quite disappointed that the original EQ2 music theme was changed to the EQ1 one.
    Is there a way to bring it back?
    Soara2 and Jovie like this.
  2. Jovie Well-Known Member

Soara2 likes this.
  3. Gabe Member

Yeah!
    I love this one much better :D
    I tried to replace the music file but the launcher keeps downloading the Anniversary Edition one
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

don't worry it will be back at the end of the year
    and there is no, one eq2 theme anymore either , only the expansion theme music.
    Lol last time we celebrated a special anniversary ( every 5 years I think )
    they had the staff sing the EQ 1 theme, it was really funny when I loged on the first time after they switched it.
    Yea wow that music is great. used to be they at least started the theme with that and than switched over to the expansion music.
    Soara2, Breanna and Laaw like this.
  5. Laaw Well-Known Member

after almost 15 years there must be changes, music and otherwise. I really don't want to go more insane :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

If you swap it out under the ';music' folder the game will keep replacing it. You need to create a folder called 'custom_music' and swap it out in there. The path and filename need to mirror the one under 'music' exactly.
    Feldon and Soara2 like this.
  7. Gabe Member

Hi Tkia, and in which ini file should I add a command telling the client that musics are now being read from custom_music?

Btw, thank you all for the answers!
    Mercychalice and Soara2 like this.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

None. The game will look in the custom folder first and use what it finds there. If what it's looking for isn't there it simply goes back to the default folder
    Mercychalice and Feldon like this.