Please ban botting on this server

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lioneesa, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Lioneesa New Member

I remember when there was a sweep suspension/bans of ogre on stormhold, please do that again here. There are so many botters running the x2 now and slr its crazy. There is even a whole guild that is just people botting with ogre, subs arent worth the frustration to players and the amount of money you lose from people giving up because you dont ban them is far more then you get from the botters accounts.
    Sixgauge and bringbackpvppls like this.
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

If they are running instances I don't really see how they bother anyone? The population is so low I welcome the SLR in the chat window :p
    bringbackpvppls likes this.
  3. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Hardly any botters on this server. Plenty of multiboxers though and thats hardly the same. Stop whining. Krono is finally falling in line with normal player income and its nice that they finally fixed the duping and exploits on FG after almost a year.
    Atan likes this.
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

Alot of people getting together and one grouping the instance just to sell the loot too.
    Kalika likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Complaining here won't help. If you see someone you believe is breaking the Rules of Conduct by using some third-party botting software, then get the names of the whole group if possible and create a support ticket to report them.

You do have to remember that if you open a support ticket about a suspected bot group that you document the heck out of it. Things like FRAPS video of the entire group moving and casting simultaneously, /tells from the botter (always use /report also if there are tells or statements in chat confirming botting). Be polite in your report and businesslike, no hysterics. Just say what you think is going on, why you think that it's against the rules, and provide evidence. Try to actually talk to the members of the suspected bot group via tells and ask questions, you never know, they may straight up tell you they're using some non-kosher third-party software.

Really, this is the only thing you can do. And if the GMs don't do anything to the group, then /shrug and move on. That means that the GM didn't have enough evidence to prove misconduct.
    Momo and Cheallaigh like this.
  6. Wilowsong Active Member

They should ban botting on all servers.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

The single most important thing to include in a petition is how the offender impeded your gameplay.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They have, since the dawn of time. Read the Rules of Conduct. Note, however, that there is a difference between BOXING and BOTTING.

It is perfectly okay to run multiple copies of the game on one or more computers, which is called multi-boxing or just boxing. Some people use a keyboard splitter to send the same keypresses to all the computers they're using. Then a clever person can set up so that the hotkeys 1, 2, 3, ..9, 0, -. =, the ALT bank, and the CTRL bank for each toon have them all cast something useful and appropriate. So, pressing1 on the tank might cast a pre-combat self-buff, on the healer it would cast a ward or reactive, etc. As long as you are at the keyboard and pressing keys to make each toon do its thing, it's okay.

What's against the rules and can get you banned is botting, which involves using third party programs to automate the actions of one or more toons. Like boxing, a bot group is using multiple computers, but the person is not sitting at the keyboard making the characters do their stuff. They have a pre-programmed routine that they run that automates the whole group, and that's a no-no.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Botting has been in eq2 and allowed for many years, as long as it stays in instances.

They also don't like when botters try to go for contested mobs, outside of that, it's kind of a hush hush situation.

I prefer the botters selling gear from WoE, I wish they did it more often, it's good for the economy. No plat is really being circulated right now frankly because there is nothing to buy, and no plat sinks in the game.
  10. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Botters are trash, they make it harder to get groups and it's cheating. Nothing will be done.
  11. Avogrado New Member

People clearly have very strong feelings about this, and without a doubt it is definitely against ToS for the game. No arguing that.

But i guess my question to you is how is it really affecting you? Are botters stealing your quest updates? Is it any different than a solo player doing exactly the same thing?

How do they make grouping harder? From my experience on Skyfire, the people that bot have never and will never run in PUGs, regardless of their botting status. They in a way resemble decorators more than people that run the actual content.

As far as impact on the economy, its hard to say how many there are out there... i dont even know how anyone would guesstimate this number, but for the most part, based on the responses above, and in previous topics, people actually dont seem to mind as it provides plenty of ample SLR loot, along with shinies and other stuff on the broker that would otherwise be inaccessible to most players.

IDK, There are good arguments on both sides, but ultimately it's DBG's game, and they seem to be ok with a certain amount of 'cheating'. See Caith's of Kander's post (like a year ago in Discord) relating this situation to speeding and getting a speeding ticket vs going to jail. (getting a warning vs going to Drunder)
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Explain how people boxing or botting makes it harder for you to get groups.

Actually, while I dislike the cheating by botters, what they do doesn't really affect my gameplay at all, except back in the days when foreign-run bot groups were out slaughtering overland content to the extent that it was sometimes hard/impossible to complete quests. How, exactly, do these groups change your gameplay?
    Kalika likes this.
  13. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

They farm and sell gear that players buy instead of running the zone. They run content solo instead of joining groups. I'm just saying in general. I don't know anyone specifically that bots and if I did I wouldn't say anything cuz I don't care and I'm not a snitch. I mean, I take full advantage of ports and I'm pretty sure there's not someone sitting there recasting ports 24/7
  14. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yeah we even killed the easy mobs with 6 toons and 3 players since a friend was manually boxing 3 toons.

I Don't think that people boxing or booting are detrimental to anyyone, they made grouping easier (on SH i grouped often with a 3 boxer, lately we 3 maned reet faction with me boxing paladin/channeler and a 80 warden doing her epic

I remember only one or two cases of zone disruption, and to be honest a lvl 80 tank power leveling a friend may be much more disruptive than a boxer.

If people have fun 6 boxing itś fine, remember that they have to keep 6 accounts credited (either buying kronos or paying with real money).

And yes i bough some necklace from WOE, that i never got because loot is so random, costed me only 30plats and the seller was very welcome ;-)
  15. Kalika Well-Known Member

Boxers adn Botters are a non issue as long as they do not disrupt others, in my case boxers had more often a positive impact than a negative one. When i was catchng back i often grouped with people playing several toon.s The case of instances is even less an issue since then there is no competition. Remember too that since they pay for several account it means money to support improvements, customer support, new content. Nobody is forcing you to buy the WOE gear that they sell, we never sold any raid loot since we don t care about money and have ton of alt but we could do so and if our officers wanted to do it i would not oppose it (instead we mute the loot). There is absolutely no difference between a 6 man (or 12 man) WOE raid selling loot that nobody needs and a 6 boxer doing it to fund his 6 accounts.
  16. Lioneesa New Member

I do not mind boxing at all. I am talking about banning all accounts that are using automated programs, people even do it in raid guilds to instant rez or cure. They could do it tomorrow if they wanted to, because they did it before on stormhold and everyone using it got a warning/suspension/ban. If they did a ban like that, people boxing would be unaffected.
  17. Tkia Well-Known Member

It already is and always has been.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Really? Channeller's pets do an instant rez sans automation. How do you know this is so, exactly?