Please allow better use of Guild Ranks

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Meddikk, Jul 31, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Meddikk Guest

Guild ranks are a bit lame since nobody outside of the guild can ever see them and even within the guild membership you only see the titles in the guild window. Why doesn't Sony add, under Character window > Options, to the Title dropdown [Guild Rank] and add to the Suffix Title dropdown The [Guild Rank]. So, if my character Meddikk's rank is setup to be Guild Leader or Trusted, it would show over her head "Guild Leader Meddikk" or "Meddikk The Guild Leader ", or "Trusted Meddikk" or "Meddikk The Trusted"?
    This is something I always want to be able to do (display my characters' guild ranks) every time I see the ranks in the Guild window.
    I plan to send this in as feedback in the game, but thought that if enough people wanted this to happen and replied in support on the forum...the Sony team may take more notice.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

SOE did this for SWG.. but they only allowed you to display certain Guild Ranks and Titles they had passed off as acceptable.
    So while within the guild itself I had the tag of "Milfy Milf" rank on the internal panel, I was not allowed to display that . I was allowed to show "Guild Goofball" to the world.
    Guild Leader had a list of acceptable titles they could assign that people could display.
    Were it implemented here I imagine it would have to be much the same.
  3. ARCHIVED-Meddikk Guest

All they would have to do is run guild ranks through the same filters they use for first and last names and guild names. Sure, there are already existing guild ranks entered which could be a problem. Those could either be dealt with by reports after the feature was implemented or they could easily run a job on the SQL table(s) with all the guild ranks texts stored and and "bad" text could be then changed in the database to "Inappropriate X" where X = the iteration (number or letter) of how many "bad" guild ranks are within that guild. Then guild owners/officers could choose new ranks when they feel like it.

Additionally, if the guild was given the choice to allow/disallow guild ranks to be displayed by characters, this could be default to disabled so guilds would not have to have guild members running around with "Inappropriate X" for a title and they could fix things up before enabling it in their guild.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

They could put the insignia by the name and it would be alright with me.