Playing a Healer?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Mosharie, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Mosharie New Member

So, on our new TLE server how is the experience playing a healer? I took part in leveling a cleric in the Everquest TLE server (Agnarr). I would get frustrated with multi-mob pulls and potentially getting clobbered if there was a lack of crowd control or someone was doing the job in a poor manner. I also found myself frustrated if aggro bounced around and I spent all my mana healing different people and finding myself out of mana quite often. Looking back on the experience I found I wasn't enjoying myself and was frustrated more than anything else.

Playing a healer on this server and game do you find it rewarding or a frustrating experience?
  2. Greene Active Member

I rolled a channeler on FG (Green not Greene), and at first I was terrified. My main 'attack' took like 3 seconds and did almost no damage. At first I was worried I made a mistake paying to unlock it, but you can't judge a character by the first few levels though.

Once I hit 20, things really opened up. I can do great DPS or heal decently well, and I feel overall useful, which is important. And if I get jumped by a few things, my AE has no problem eventually taking things down assisted with the pet sacrifice dps buff thing. I'm awful with spell names sorry.
    Xephane likes this.
  3. Solmors New Member

So it sounds like most of your displeasure came from bad groups. That can be solved in two ways.

The first is communication. If the tank is pulling too much and not controlling the mobs well, ask him to pull less. Ask an enchanter to mez anything attacking you, or ask a dps to pull it off you. EQ2 has built in voice chat that works really well, when you get a group join the group voice chat and ask your group to join you. It really does help a lot when it comes to getting information across quickly. Ex, Last night I was playing as my mystic and our tank was a rather new player on a SK. We died a couple times because he would pull a room and mobs would hit me and interrupt my spells. I asked him to make sure he hit or taunted everything he pulled, and he did. It slowed him down for 30 minutes or so to get used to it, but we didn't wipe again and by the end he was pulling full rooms again but in a controlled manner. I was also able to say in chat "Hey, I have a gnoll on me" and he would taunt it off pretty quick. So hats off to him for listening, he is going to be a fantastic tank in the future.

The second is find friends. Once you find people you like to group with, add them as friends. If they have a guild, see if you can join. Having a solid list of people you know and know are good players goes a really long way. Ex. Most of the people in that group last night added each other to out friends list. Now if I am looking for a group, or in a group looking for a good tank/dps/whatever, I have a place to look for people I know are good at their jobs.

Third: Soloing. Soloing on healers isn't hard, just slow. You can solo most things that aren't triple up, it just takes time to whittle them down. This is again where having friends/a guild helps a lot. Get stuck? Ask for help. Going slow? See if anyone wants to quest/do whatever with you to make it faster.