Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Rawl Well-Known Member

I just submitted these 2 items to Player Studio (I would have submitted them on Monday, but I lost internet connection and only got it restored yesterday (Wednesday).

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! Do you have a view of the back? I know there are folks who've been interested in different shades of marble who would love a nice plain back that they could use to re-skin things. :)

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Rawl Well-Known Member

the back panel looks similar to its front surface.
  4. Rawl Well-Known Member

I'm thinking this item will have wide appeal, and afford the opportunity to have several different textures; wood, marble, metal, and combinations of those materials as well. I was thinking the pillars could be used to go between wall sections as well as be free standing inside a hall, etc. What do you think?

[IMG]
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

I think they would be fantastic to have for a cross section of hallways or entrances into separate rooms in a house. They would also make a nice base to a table, if they get small enough (or maybe could get sunk down into the floor to the right height for a table base), or even turned upside down and make a nice base to a freestanding floor lamp. Lots of versatility to this item. :)
  6. Rawl Well-Known Member

The intended size, as modeled is about 10 ft. tall, so it might not shrink enough to be a table base, unless of course you did sink it down into the ground. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Karamella Well-Known Member

The delicate form of the pillar would be a great addition to those City of Mist Fence Sections, esp. in gold or something greenish. The CoM columns look too massive sometimes.
    Rawl and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes! Absolutely! Was trying out the City of Mist items for an idea I had recently for a deco project...which didn't work in the end, largely because the CoM thing I was trying was too massive, indeed. :-/

Uwk
    Karamella and Rawl like this.
  9. Rawl Well-Known Member

This is an example of the pillar with just base marble materials applied. What do you think? (I intend to do one with wood, and one with metal textures as well.)

[IMG]
  10. Karamella Well-Known Member

It will look great with the white and black marble diviiders I think.
    Rawl and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Maybe even the Blue Marble as well; there are tones of that in there, in the dark areas, but that could just be my eyes being tricked by the background. ;->

Maybe the Blue would work better with the metals; I'll have to see that. :)

Uwk
    Rawl and Karamella like this.
  12. Rawl Well-Known Member

I use a lightly colored area light to pick up the background color on the light reflection of the pillar, so that's why it looks bluish. Of course, what it looks like in game will depend on the light source in game.
  13. Rawl Well-Known Member

Do you like this design for the pillar and the white bottom part, or should I try something else?

[IMG]
  14. Karamella Well-Known Member

The bottom part looks really great, I love that pattern. I wonder how it would look like if you'd switch the white with the yellow/gold and vice versa.
  15. Rawl Well-Known Member

I could make the weave gold colored similar to the gold ring below the arms that extend off the pillar. That would dress it up a lot. :) Thanks for the suggestion.
  16. Karamella Well-Known Member

You're welcome, Rawl :)
  17. Rawl Well-Known Member

How do you like this addition?

[IMG]
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Like the gold trim; not so sure about the curving carving. ;)

Uwk
    Karamella and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Karamella Well-Known Member

I agree with Uwk, the gold trim looks great but the carving in the middle seems to diminish the marble look.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

I agree with both Karamella and Uwk. The gold trim looks fantastic, but the carving seems to take something away from the blue section of the pillar. :)