Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Love the first one (though if they absolutely hate the symbols, I'd not be averse to buying several ones with just a simple set of more parallel bars/wires/whatevers below the first one...)! :D

Such as:
    [IMG]

Well, if the triangles got hinky, maybe just 2-3 bars, rather than a large set of wires, or whatever those are. :-/

Uwk
    Rawl likes this.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

The gnome works one is perfect for the workshop! All the oil on the floor and gears lying around are a hazard.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  3. Rawl Well-Known Member

Something as fine as wires would be hard to make appear properly in game due to the texture resolution of the UV maps. Up close, you might be able to see them, but step back a couple of steps and they'd likely not show up.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, hence 2-3 more bars. :)

But parallel. ;->

Uwk
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

I have Rev. 1 for this wagon trail ready to be submitted.
    (I had to make it thicker, make the stones pop more and change the grass edges.) I also made it so the rocks line up better between multiple parts, so if you put then next to each other properly, you shouldn't see clearly where the seam is.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yay to no seams! :)

Uwk
    Rawl likes this.
  7. Rawl Well-Known Member

I just submitted Rev. 3 for the GnomeWorks Safety Barrier to Player Studio:
    (I hope they find this one acceptable.)

[IMG]
  8. Rawl Well-Known Member

I just submitted the Lovely Rockin' Cradle to Player Studio for EQ2:

[IMG]
  9. Febrith Well-Known Member

That's adorable;)
    Merriel, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  10. Ritual Active Member

Loves it , Loves it , oh and Loves it !
    Rawl, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

That is really nice, Jerry. Love the heart cutouts in the back of the chair and the headboard area and the texturing looks fantastic. :)
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just keep getting better and better, buddy! :)

Uwk
    Karamella, Rosyposy and Rawl like this.
  13. Rawl Well-Known Member

I'm looking for suggestions, I know you all have some, so lets have em :) (I don't say I will be able to create every suggestion, but they may get my creative juices flowing towards making something similar, or within the limitations for Player Studio Artists.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

What about making some circular window type items...round circular frames for putting our prestige house portals into? The center area could be cut out and blank, or be filled in, but would be inset so when the portal item is put inside the circle, it's framed by the edges. If you leave it cut out and blank though, we could use them as round 'windows' in our homes too, not just use them for the prestige portals. I'm thinking if it's square like a tall divider but with a round cut out in the center, would probably work out best, but the frame should be around the circle as opposed to the outside edges of the square, giving it some elegance.

You could start out making one, and if it gets approved, maybe make one for each of the different cities or factions or something? I think I'd really like it if it's made similar to the City of Mist fence sections to start. I absolutely love those fence sections as they really do make lovely floor and wall tile decorations and showers, rails, and so many other uses to them. Perhaps the brass coloring of the fence sections on something similar to the in-game white marble tiling with the brass section being in a circular design around the round cut-out?

This is just one idea, of course. The possibilities of coming up with something spectacular for this are endless, as there are so many different factions, races, etc, decor that these could be matched to, so please feel free to play around with this. I'm suggesting the square divider simply because we don't really have any walls with circular cutouts to them, so it would be easier to implement into a build if the outside edges are square, but you could even build a round circular portal type frame item with some kind of base to it that could be set into the room instead...it just wouldn't serve as well for a window for someone wanting to put a round window into their home. Making it wall-like just makes it more of a multi-purpose item. :)
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen, +1 to this! We've needed actual ROUND things for awhile, now, especially with window-type items. All we ever seem to get is ovals and ellipses, which is strange, considering how much tougher those things are to draw in the first place. :-/ I still think the devs dropped the ball entirely on the "rounded tiles" by not making them some multiple of 4; 8-sided, even, would still give us lots of deco opportunities, and 12-sided would've been perfect and actually a lot more "round" than the 10-sided things we have now. :-/

I vote for both, frankly; round frames and a wall section with a round cut-out ('cause trying to get a true round opening using two Arches is a massive pain, with much shimmering :-/). If they won't give it to us, we'll just have to talk to someone who will. :D

Uwk
  16. Rawl Well-Known Member

I agree, a 10 sided round tile doesn't fit together with other 10 sided round tiles, if you wanted to make a floor our of them. I think they should have made them either more round or more like honey comb shaped so they'd fit together.

I like the idea of round window frames, and I could make some leaving the center open, but I'm guessing they wouldn't approve them as a simple round frame.

FYI, I made a small round window (not perfectly round though, I mean, it has flat sides like the 10 sided tiles have,) and it is "complete" status. If you recall, I made some windows to work with Granny's House, and they've been "complete" status probably for a year or more now, yet still not released. Anyway, once that is released, it may be sizable to work with the portals placed in front of it.
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Rawl Well-Known Member

The square outside with round inside is certainly doable, although I can't make the square part match existing in game materials, so even though you could build around them, it might look sort of odd no matter what material texture I used. If you don't care so much about matching materials, I can and will make at least one to see if it gets approved.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

I am sure we can make them work, somehow, regardless of what material you use. Thank you for asking for suggestions. :)
  19. Rawl Well-Known Member

I was asked to make a round window to be use, (at least for one use,) to put the prestige portals into. The square shape is so you can easily build around it, the notches that protrude from the outside edges are to offset the fact the materials won't match with in game materials, so they look sort of like attaching parts. What do you think? Obviously, once it is textured, it will look better, (I was thinking to make it tinkerish.)

Should I keep those notches on there or not?
    [IMG][IMG]
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ooh, I like that idea, notches and all! :D

Uwk