Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nao! Really? :D

Uwk
    who has a 7th. c. Welsh "main" persona, a very late Period (A.D. 1599) pirate persona, and is still vacillating about a Mongol ;->
    Sigrdrifa and Prissetta like this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Confusing the two is definitely a bad idea! :cool:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Rawl Well-Known Member

This is the final revision ready to be submitted to Player Studio. There was just a small bit of detailing added since the last video.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Very cool! What program do you use, again, to make stuff with, Jerry? :)

Uwk
    still going through CAD withdrawals... :(
    Rawl likes this.
  5. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

So are any player studio marketplace items from NOTD up?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

All I saw in the marketplace were old NotD stuff, nothing new. :/
  7. Rawl Well-Known Member

I use Blender for making the 3D mesh shape, G-I-M-P to do the texture map, and AwesomBump to generate the Normals and Spectacular maps. I occasionally also use Sketchbook Pro and Serif DrawPlus X8 to make decorative designs and trim type stuff.

Oh, and I used Corel Studio Video Studio X10 screen capture to make the walk through video.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm, Sketchbook...do they have a freeware version? :)

Uwk
  9. Rawl Well-Known Member

yes, I think they have a free version, at least to try. As is true with most software these days, they are subscription based, but the pro version is, in my opinion very reasonably priced. Try the free version and see it you enjoy it. It is best to be used with a tablet interface rather than a mouse.
    https://www.sketchbook.com/?locale=en
    I
    f you want an opensource software, I recommend Krita
    https://krita.org/en/download/krita-desktop/
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks! I'll check those out. :)

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Rawl Well-Known Member

Actually, it is a free trial version and of course for a limited time.
  12. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

Items should now be up on the marketplace
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ocarinah like this.
  13. Rawl Well-Known Member

They added your stuff, none of mine (which I created last year for NotD.
  14. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Hmm,... for those who make Player Studio/Market Place items (Rawl and Shadowplay are the only ones I am familiar with), would there be a consideration for making a few simple training videos on the various programs used to make these items? With added insight(s) of making DBG accepted items? Would seem a natural extension for those who already are quite creative in their decorating projects, how cool would it be to make unique items to added to the repertoire of all we decorators :D
  15. Rawl Well-Known Member

It was suggested to me before to make tutorial type videos for the stuff I make for Player Studio, but I haven't done that, partly because I am still learning, and partly because, (at least for Blender,) there are already quite a few tutorials available, (paid for lessons or free YouTube tutorials.)

DBG has a page where you can find out about their technical qualifications for items to be submitted to Player Studio. I'd suggest going there and looking at what they provide there.

If you have specific questions, you may ask them here. If I can answer the question(s) I will. If I don't know how to do it, I will admit that too. :)
  16. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

These are the first items i've had on the marketplace in half a year
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grats! :D

And dang them for not releasing things sooner! >:-/

Uwk
    Ocarinah and Prissetta like this.
  18. Rawl Well-Known Member

I know, they've slack off on the releases of Player Studio stuff since they've had changes in staff associated with Player Studio items management. They didn't release any of my stuff for Tinkerfest, and I don't think they released any of your stuff for Tinkerfest either. I hope they get on the ball, and release a lot of stuff more consistently hence forth.
  19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I hope that once new staff is trained up that things start releasing more often like before.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

New staff?? Brilliant! :D

I was worried that "changes in staff" meant a lot more had gone away... :-/

Uwk