Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Rawl Well-Known Member

Thanks! I appreciate your enthusiasm :) I still have to finish it, which I probably will do today.

I get an African Safari vibe from the Zebra decor. :)
  2. Rawl Well-Known Member

Ye Ole School Desks are ready to be submitted to Player Studio:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

Absolutely Gorgeous wood tones on that desk. As I said gimme gimme gimme!

Vasciagio Bladesong
    Maj'dul
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

WOW! Just...WOW! You have outdone yourself on this desk, Jerry. It is absolutely beautiful! It looks so real, I wouldn't know by just looking at it that it's actually a pixel item. :)
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

Oh by the way, I submitted two, but told them if they make it so you can put the seat up or down, then they could just put one in the marketplace.
  6. Rawl Well-Known Member

Doh! I thought I submitted this last month, but can't find it on the submitted items list, so just submitted it. Feed Your Pets Bowls

[IMG]
    Mystyrys, Gretel, Febrith and 2 others like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And if they whinge around at you for it being too "modern," either say they can release it for Tinkerfest, or you could tweak it (if they send it back) to look Gnomish. :-/

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Rawl Well-Known Member

I think they could easily have something like this considering the technology they have on Norrath.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One would think! ;)

Uwk
    Rawl likes this.
  10. Febrith Well-Known Member

I don't think it looks too modern - my pet bowls sure don't look like that lol - very nice Rawl:)
    Rawl and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'll say! It just dawned on me that the pet bowls look tall and yet "shallow" at the same time, so the pets don't have to bend down too much or stick their faces too deeply into them; I've heard that's bad for them or something in RL. Nicely done! :D

Uwk
    Febrith and Prissetta like this.
  12. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Needs more dbc. Just saying. :)
  13. Rawl Well-Known Member

It is hard to judge scale on these pictures, partly because of how close to the camera they are, and the angle they were taken at.
  14. Rawl Well-Known Member

I made this photo shoot stage as a place to take pictures of the furniture I make for Player Studio. As an example, I added 3 views of the school desk. So, what do you think, should I use it when taking pictures of the items I make that will fit on the stage?
    [IMG]
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

Honestly, Jerry, I'm at a loss as to how you do that when the item isn't in game yet. I think it's an awesome idea though. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  16. Rawl Well-Known Member

I just basically build a room with no ceiling and front wall (where the camera is.)
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, those don't look like in-game textures; probably just something he whipped up. :D

Speaking of which, is there any way we could ask you to whip up some SQUARE cross-section plain pillars, Jerry (the round ones are great, but we need more!)? Or do you think They'd think they'd be "too" plain? :-/

Uwk
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

Those would be considered building blocks, of which they probably wouldn't allow unless he builds a whole set, like Shadowplay does, with some prefab structures. Have you considered using the Draconic pillar torches, turned upside down and burying the flame part in the ground, or will this not work? They are quite plain when you hide the torch part, and they are square in shape.

One thing I would love to see, that maybe Jerry would be able to accomplish and get approved, however, is a set of ruins. I know building blocks from PlayerStudio artists don't get approved unless they are part of a set, but if you include crumbling pavilions (both round and square) as prefab structures to be included with a separate crumbling pavilion roof, broken pillars and broken walls (and shattered urns, and broken glass shards which could be plain or stained glass but semi-transparent to include with the set), this would be awesome. If you would include an intact pillar and intact wall with the set so we could have working pieces too, that would be even more spectacular and would allow for someone to build a wall around their property with a crumbling wall at one end or something to show where it's begun to decay.

I think one of the things Shadowplay does to show the devs why these extra building blocks should be included is because he incorporates them into the full design, showing their need and usefulness as part of the whole design. So if you display the fixed pillar, broken pillars (at least two...one taller and one shorter), fixed wall, and broken wall, and the crumbling roof as part of a structure that has collapsed, next to the intact but crumbling pavilions, that should work. Then display the broken urns and the broken glass shards in and around the structures.

If you bundle this set, maybe could include multiple items of the broken pillars and broken walls, the shattered urns, and the broken glass shards, and have all items sold as separate units too, so if someone wants to add more of a specific item, they can. Maybe a bundle of four intact walls, a bundle of four intact pillars, a bundle of five shattered urns, a bundle of five broken glass shards, etc. Just suggestions...as to quantity, that is entirely up to you, Jerry. :D
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Hadn't thought of that! Thanks! :)

And if we could bury the rest of the intact wall and just have the pillar/column...hmm...! :)

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  20. Rawl Well-Known Member

We can't make glass or semi-transparent stuff. Glass is a texture effect which the devs have to add if they want to add it to an item we create, sort of like the mirror effect, which they also add to items we create.

Since Shadowplay is very good at making sets like you described, maybe he will pick up your suggestions and go with them.
    Merriel likes this.