Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I got so busy I didn't get around to publishing my display house even though I setup all the player studio items except I didn't have time to resetup the Winter Cabin stuff cuz it has to be moved to my City of Mist house. I plan on moving all of the display house to my City of Mist house since the breakout is very massive and can still fly around and is huge anyway. This way people won't fall to their deaths anymore. Won't move it until after E-day is over tho. I will do an update thread once it is published and have pics I can link.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Looks awesome! I wonder if it could be replicated without the Powers going on about it being "too plain" or something...? ;->

Uwk
    who really wishes we had Smell-o-Vision sometimes... :D
    Merriel, Rawl and Prissetta like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

But, wasn't your display house on the Tenebrous place? I thought you couldn't die just from falling off over the edge of the main island (maybe from the uppermost li'l one if you didn't hit the water feature), but would get "rescued" at the last minute? :-/

Uwk
    who would hate to think there's another homicidal break-out layout than just Maj'Dul... X-P
    Merriel likes this.
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

It is currently in a TT but in order to fit all those huge sets in the place I had to do multiple floors which are really really really high up over the island. The island just has the newest stuff on it and the frostfell stuff barely fit on it. I crashed the other day while on one of the high up floors and so when I logged back in I was falling to my death even with wings on due to way game now loads houses. With the City of Mist breakout people could wander without having to worry about finding a teleporter and could log out safely. I will still have teleporters tho since there is so much stuff. But I will make a posting once it is all moved after E-day ends.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

6. Rawl Well-Known Member

It is a consumable :) It won't last long through the approval process LOL!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh, just do a drawing of it and artwork; submit it with a pot of glaze or something nearby, and ask the Powers to make it steam? ;)

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Rawl Well-Known Member

Making some Playground items, this it the Gnome-Go-Round.
    [IMG]
  9. Rawl Well-Known Member

Ready to submit to Player Studio:
    "GnomeWorks Gnome-Go-Round"
    (suitable for everyday gnome spinning [IMG];) )

[IMG]
  10. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Oh so very cool!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Merriel and Rawl like this.
  11. Rawl Well-Known Member

I asked them to make it rotate and if possible add a little squeaking as it does, like it needs to be oiled or something :) I don't know whether they will do either.
  12. Rawl Well-Known Member

(Work in Progress.)

Be very careful when letting your children play on this GnomeWorks Seesaw, they may launch their gnomish friends into the air!

[IMG]
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

As long as they land safely in their upstairs bedrooms, they should be fine. :D

Uwk
    offering extra points to those recognizing the gratuitous Young Frankenstein ref! ;)
  14. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

GnomeWorks Gnome-Go-Round oh my...brings back so many memories. I was just telling someone the other day about going to school across street from my grandparents house with all my cousins after it had been raining hard and we were told NOT to get dirty. We all ended up getting hosed down in the yard and it was soooooo cold. We were all covered head to toe in mud.

Really hope they make it spin and squeak!
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I seem to recall one of those that actually had the li'l ride-em horses on it as well, making it almost a "real" merry-go-round in my mind. It may have been a one-off just for that playground... ;->

Uwk
    who wonders: can the pull-toy wooden duck, lion, etc. get big enough to bury the wheels and be kiddie playground critters? :D
    Rawl, Merriel and Prissetta like this.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

Apparently they can, because someone made a teeter totter with them buried into a rail, and the teeter totters were so adorable. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Rawl Well-Known Member

just basic texturing so far. Still need to add detailing.
    [IMG]
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

Jerry, I love the new playground equipment! I know it's not period related, but I don't care. All too often I decorate my homes with a more modern theme, and I so want these things available to us. I love the name you gave to the merry-go-round. :D
    Katz, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  19. Rawl Well-Known Member

Your children will love playing on this GnomeWorks Seesaw, but you much inform them, it isn't a Gnome Launcher [IMG];)

[IMG]
    HaphazardAllure, Katz, Gretel and 3 others like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, I'm sure even the ancient Greek kids played with the principles of leverage...heck, you can watch videos of primate kids, kittens, you name it, bouncing up and down on branches. ;->

And if anyone could turn mechanical physics lessons into toys and playground equipment in this world, it would be the gnomes. ;->

EDIT: Speaking of ancient Greeks:

[IMG]

That was invented by a dude named, seriously, Hero of Alexandria (some guy named Hero, whose hometown was Alexandria, Egypt). He was a Ptolemaic Greek who lived between 10 and 70 A.D. He came up with an amazing amount of tech stuff (I highly recommend the book, Ancient Inventions, whose History Channel show, Ancient Discoveries, was directly patterned after) back in the old days, and if various factions of psychos hadn't destroyed the Library of Alexandria on numerous occasions, and Rome hadn't gotten rotten and fell to boneheads (and various Chinese dynasties hadn't discouraged their creative thinkers and explorers at crucial times, and if the Crusades hadn't disrupted the Golden Age of learning in the Middle East, etc.), we'd probably be bopping about through most of the Milky Way Galaxy by now. :(

I suppose Norrath in the days after the Cataclysm, or the Sundering, or whatever "the gods must be pissed off at us barging in up to their various Planes all the time" disaster was called, is akin to Europe during the Dark Ages, hence no tech encouraged. :(

Thank the gods for the gnomes! :D

Uwk