Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

Omg, you guys are going to break me financially with all these masterpieces you're coming up with.

Estred, I love your shield...it's absolutely gorgeous!

Jerry, when I saw that pot and pan set in the first post you made on it, I immediately thought cast iron and had I been around to suggest it, would have done so immediately, hehe. Love the new lighthouse and the stairs are all fantastic!

Shadow...omg that mansion is fabulous, both inside and out, and I can imagine just how long it must have taken you. I love the parquet floor tiling inside too, and the trim on the walls is gorgeous! The exterior reminds me much of the homes I saw when we traveled through Germany, with the wood trimming. Beautifully done!
  2. Severai Member

Oh, that's absolutely gorgeous. I love love love the panelling and the plaques, and the colours used. I need this!

.... I can't quite tell from the pics: are the lighter-coloured areas above the panelling recessed, or is it just a texture that makes them look so? I'm presuming the latter but hoping against hope it's the former ;)
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh, even if it is just the lighting, it's a cool trompe'-l'oeil! :)

Uwk
    Merriel and Severai like this.
  4. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

The lighter stucco paneling is just normal mapped to appear recessed. The recessing on it would have been so minimal that to use geo on it would have been wasteful and eaten up too much. That being said, there is some extrusions going on above that, both the lighter wood horizontal panelings with the ornamentation on ithem does stick out physically.

the vertical divider columns above the door and windows as well as the corner pieces are also extruded out.
  5. Severai Member

Mmm, it's a pity but I utterly understand that it'd make the count too high. I have visions of swapping the stucco for rosewood, red marble, sumac or mossy green (not that I dislike your choice of stucco, but sometimes , no matter how lovely a base is, you want to differentiate it to create your own design and I simply wouldn't want to lose any of the panelling or the plaque ornamentation areas) Miiiight still be possible keeping most of the framing - just a lot fiddlier ;)

Did I mention I love this? xD
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I hope I can buy more DB cash or whatever it is called soon....all these new items I have missed and now all these fabulous items coming soon....drools!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  7. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Ya will go really well with PS stairs I think. And the house looks...just fabulous!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  8. Rawl Well-Known Member

Made some texturing progress on the GnomeWorks Lighthouse today. Not complete yet, just a progress image.
    [IMG]
    Merriel, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Katz like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Love the "Gnome bricks"! Or are they tiles... :D

Uwk
    Rawl and Merriel like this.
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

I really loved your original traditional lighthouse, Jerry, but I actually think I like the unique look of this one even more. It's going to fit in perfectly in a home I've been working on for a while, albeit ever so slowly, hehe.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  11. Rawl Well-Known Member

It will be typical Gnomish metal textures, not bricks.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Rawl Well-Known Member

Here is the GnomeWorks Lighthouse I'm submitting today.

[IMG]
  13. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

You guys are gonna have to stop for a while or else I'm not gonna have any money left!:p
  14. Rawl Well-Known Member

Naaa, we are giving you the incentive to MAKE MORE MONEY!! ;)
  15. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

On a more serious note this time, you guys are putting out some truly awesome stuff, keep it coming! I hope we get DBC sales during the holidays, I'm gonna need to hoard it so I can get more of this great stuff. :)
  16. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

17. Rawl Well-Known Member

wow, that's pretty nice, is that a low poly model? That foot looks kind of odd though
  18. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

i Should hope so its a big frogs foot, its low poly, i should have the final done by the end of the night to post
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That there, Rawl, is a kappa, unless I'm greatly mistaken. NASTY customer, from Japanese mythos. If you've ever seen "Hellboy: Sword of Storms," an animated movie (which I HIGHLY recommend! Excellent stuff!), what the kappa there did was small potatoes, and relatively nice, compared to what they actually do. :-/

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  20. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

There are bad and good interpretations..like any folklore, but since this is for NotD, this is def the not very nice variety. For Norraths version of the Kappa, i left out the waterbowl head and no tail, made it a cross between a frog and a turtle.
    This will be a bronzed green statue.