Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Katz Well-Known Member

I prefer the cast iron look too.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This does look more authentic! With copper, you'd have to really shine it up to have it look realistic; I haven't cooked in it in RL (other than stainless steel, copper-bottomed on the outside), but from what I hear, you really have to keep it uber-clean if you don't want it to rapidly degrade, at least appearance-wise.

And cast iron has probably been cooked in since we figured out how to make stuff out of iron, so yeah, this works! :)

Uwk
    Merriel and Moonpanther like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

But can it go from the stove-top to the oven? I know cast iron can, with those handles of theirs...

Uwk
    Merriel and Moonpanther like this.
  4. Rawl Well-Known Member

I just submitted this: Cast Iron Hanging Pots n Pans.

[IMG]
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

yes, the cookware I have has metal handles, so it could go from stove-top to oven. Some of the lids are glass framed by metal, they may not be suitable for using during baking.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The ones you've come up with here shouldn't be any problem! :D

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  7. Rawl Well-Known Member

Here is a full set of stairs that is intended to be a 10 foot rise from the first floor to the second floor. The railing on this one is a bit shorter than the 8 step version because I found via ingame experience, the railing seems a bit to high on the 8 step one. I also made this stairway a little over a foot wider.

[IMG]
  8. Rawl Well-Known Member

I just submitted this 20 Step Polished Wood Stairway:
    [IMG]
    cellinaire, Merriel, Ocarinah and 3 others like this.
  9. Cylene Well-Known Member

Ooooooo I love this!
  10. Cylene Well-Known Member

This is very nice too :) Is there any chance a set of stairs could be made with an older wood with a greenish-grey rug? For an old house perhaps?
  11. Rawl Well-Known Member

Yes, I could make one that is more aged to suit the newbie homes on TLE servers.
  12. Rawl Well-Known Member

I just submitted this GnomeWorks 20 Step Metal Stairway.

[IMG]
  13. Emesh Well-Known Member

I love those hanging pots and the stairs are perfect, I hope to see them added soon:)
    Merriel, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  14. Rawl Well-Known Member

Since the prior lighthouse I submitted was being difficult to get approved due to the size and texture quality, I thought I'd try a different approach. This is the GnomeWorks Coastal Light Beamer... (shape only so far.) I modeled it using the spiral stairway inserted so I could scale it properly. This version uses 3 spiral stairways at default size stacked on top of each other. This is compared to the prior lighthouse using 6. I also dropped the center of the ceiling in the light room so you could use that rotating tinker's light that is available via tinkering recipe.

you can see the stairway through the door and with the orange outline in the view with the white texture. The overall size currently is 24.585 ft. wide, 31.759 ft. deep and 37 ft. tall. (about 3 storys tall.)

[IMG]
    cellinaire, Katz, Ocarinah and 2 others like this.
  15. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

This one took a lot of work, there is still more to finish up tomorrow such as the supports on the front lofts and doors. This was near a months work of planning and reconfiguring, some things had to be rebuilt 5-6 times. The art is really the easy part when it comes to these houses...the planning and making sure its modular, you dont submit too many pieces that are similar and it can also be used to be rebuilt both for exterior and interior..thats the hard part.

I will post more tomorrow as well as the second part pf the Horrors of the East pack.

[IMG]
  16. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Holy moly cow!!??!! I swear the side piece you posted was blue-greenish color. Does it come in more than one color?
  17. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

Just lighting
    Here is the submitted final, full interior. I included Doors as well with the set. I decided not to make stairs, i think the ones Rawl made will go well with them.

[IMG]
  18. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

I Want three!
    I just wish we had a piece of Dark Light Woods land. I think it would look good there. Or maybe Loping Plains. Not really suitable for the tenebrous isle, Halfling isle or even the rum cellars isle.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The breakout possible with the Mistmoore Crags Estate is basically the Loping Plains. :)

Rival manors! :D

Uwk
    Ocarinah, Shadowplay and Merriel like this.
  20. Cylene Well-Known Member

~squee!!!~ This looks AMAZING!!!! I want it.