Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Scott Glenn was the bad guy. Poor guy; just has that kind of face... ;->

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hmm, looking through the marketplace, including PlayerStudio, and crafted recipes and we have absolutely 0 gates to put on those fences. The Spiderweb Cemetery set includes a gate already built into the set, but that's it. Yet the category under PlayerStudio says Doors, Gates & Fences. Any chance we can get some gates to put in there, please? Particularly a rustic farm type gate would be fabulous, as the Briarwood fence segment is too long to even try making into a gate, and there's nothing to go with it. It would look pretty silly to make a garden style gate for an animal pen or pasture fence. :D
  3. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

Lemme see if i have time to work a gate into the new notd stuff im working on, well see..no promises
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

Awesome, Shadow! I look forward to it, though I won't hold my breath. I know you guys are super busy and a gate is the least of your priorities. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

Btw I'm not dead. I've just been exceedingly busy with other life related things. I'm finally back on project track and making progress... Yes these are going to be submitted for both weapons and housing.

[IMG]
    cellinaire, Rawl, Merriel and 3 others like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Both weapons and housing," as in, we can put them on the wall, too? :D

Uwk
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

Yep There's a hidden House-Only item in this set but I'm not showing it off. For those wondering why there are like two or three of some items this is because for Weapons we have to have a version under 500 Polygons for Far-Distance-Rendering or what's called a Level of Detail. I think I've gone over them before.
  8. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

You tease you.....:p
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hmm you know, Estred, since you like doing weapon sets...maybe you would consider doing a dwarven hammer set or something as well? If we can't get a utility hammer to set down on a table, perhaps we can get a weapon type hammer we can set down, hehe. I mean, if it HAS to hang on a wall, that's fine too, but I'd really prefer something I can set down on a table so I don't have to go through all the hassle of manipulating and twisting the item around to get it to set right where I want it, lol. They gave us the decorative axe recipe, and those are nice to use, but I still want a hammer. Welcome back, btw! :D
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

Merriel, that fully is going to depend on how these weapons are recieved. At this point these weapons have been a personal learning project. I'll see how they are received before jumping back into Player Studio. So we will see.
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Completely understandable, Estred. I hope they approve them, as they look really nice. Looks like a lot of work went into the making of them, too, because of all the detail work in them. :)
  12. Rawl Well-Known Member

I got up real early today, like about 4:30 a.m. and applied these textures to the boardwalk. What do you think? Not done with texturing quite yet, still need to create the normals map and specs map.

Also, was wondering if you want knots on the end posts where the hole is. If you add end to end to make it longer, having the knot might not be necessary.
    [IMG]
  13. Rawl Well-Known Member

I just submitted this to Player Studio: Beach Boardwalk
    [IMG]
  14. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Wow, awesome!! I find many uses for it already...hehe ;)
    Merriel, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  15. Rawl Well-Known Member

I got a request from one of my Player Studio Stuff group members asking for a door that will go well with the Sumac materials already in game. I've started on making this:
    [IMG]
    The middle part will be stained glass which is mirrored in each 4 corners of the oval. Any suggestions for design and/or color? (What that means is I will make a design in 1/4 of the oval which will be repeated in each other quarter of the window.)
  16. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I wonder if by doing the center and then the four quarters if it might be too busy? Colors...humm I'm always a lover of green and purples hehe. Not sure how well that would go over for some though.
  17. Katz Well-Known Member

That's a nice looking door. I would suggest that you go with a neural color that could be used with many color schemes. Perhaps gold and white?
  18. Rawl Well-Known Member

I tried to make it look like smoked glass, but it looked pretty crappy, so I went this route: What do you think? The glass will of course be shiny, so that will make it look better than it does below.

[IMG]
  19. Katz Well-Known Member

I like that design.
  20. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Yes, nice design. Should be neutral enough for everyone. Now you know it wouldn't be me if I didn't ask for that same door with a asian cherry blossom design on it...:D