Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Finora Well-Known Member

Ohhh I love it. I was just looking at my long ago purchased, never decorated Maj'dul house the other day trying to figure out what I was going to do with it. =) Stuff like this would certainly help. It gets chilly in the desert at night ;)
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Very nice and rich looking, perfect for the desert house!
    Merriel, Rawl and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Rawl Well-Known Member

I was hoping to make more progress today, but unfortunately, I didn't save the mesh changes I made yesterday, and so I had to redo them today. But I did make some progress on adding detailing to the legs and pot bottom as pictured below.

[IMG]
  4. Rawl Well-Known Member

BTW, I was mistaken when I stated the intended size in an earlier post. The actual size is 5 ft. wide, 4.48 ft. deep and 10.046 ft. tall
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

I love the detailing you added! I could see myself buying at least one of these. :)
    Merriel, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me too! My Maj'dul needs more stuff like this. :D

Uwk
    Merriel, Rawl and HaphazardAllure like this.
  7. Rawl Well-Known Member

You know it can get pretty cold at night in the desert, so you could have a few of these to keep everyone warm :)
    (I just submitted this as Maj Dul Crock Fire Pot.
    [IMG]
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

Oh wow, I love the detail work on that, Jerry! If it gets large enough, I even have an idea on a way to use it in an unintended manner, hehe.

Ohhh and I don't know if it would work, but maybe for next Tinkerfest or something, you could make a Gear shaped Halfling door? It could be identical on both sides, to keep the tricount down, or unique on each side, if the tricount isn't too much. It wouldn't bother me one bit if it was identical on both sides, and hopefully the company would allow it to remain transparent in the spaces between the gear spokes. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  9. Emesh Well-Known Member

Woohoo!
    This will look amazing in my house, I hope they approve it.
    Any plans for future Maj'Dul type items? Like those blue door's with the fancy lattice work you see on the Maj'Dul houses.
  10. Rawl Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can make more Maj'Dul stuff. I'll have to go visit it again to refresh my memory on item ideas.
  11. Rawl Well-Known Member

With a round door, the tri count isn't as much of a concern as the texture quality, having both sides different would effectively half the texture quality for each side. It is possible, but having both sides the same enables it to look a bit better. I think I'd do a plain shape and have almost all the detailing in the texturing.
  12. Rawl Well-Known Member

What if you could buy building logs like these, would you? I call them Bunion Logs :)

[IMG]
    would you want them with, or without bark?
    brokenshieldd, Cylene, Geden and 2 others like this.
  13. Rawl Well-Known Member

After further consideration, I'm not going to pursue making these logs. They would be too item count intensive which wouldn't be good for the pocketbook or the game engine. :)
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw. ;)

I can understand not calling them "Lincoln" logs, but why "Bunion"? For perhaps Paul Bunyan, without that connotation, or for the blisters you raise chopping the logs in the first place? ;->

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  15. Rawl Well-Known Member

The proper spelling would be Bunyan, but of course, you have to be considerate of copyrights, so I miss-spelled the name. You are correct in being a connotation to Paul Bunyan who chopped down a lot of trees :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

The door idea sounds great, Jerry. I like it.

Hehe love the logs, though as you said they would be too item count intensive sold as is. Perhaps, however, you could make a long and short wall with windows, a long wall with a doorway, a floor, and a roof with them and sell them as the Bunion woodsman's cabin set, hehe. Have the roof made in such a way that it inserts into the slots at the top of the walls, and the walls connect together somehow as well, and the walls fit into slots in the floor. Maybe the floor could be done as somewhat of a raised platform even, so it's not just sitting directly on the ground.

Or even make it a Crusoe treehouse set, hehe, complete with ladder...perhaps a tall tree stump that's been flattened out at the top for the floor, and a moveable ladder made of those same blocks that lead to the floor of the tree house when set at an angle (an angle that lets our characters 'climb' the ladder by walking up it like it's a set of stairs, unless they were willing to make it 'climbable', which seems unlikely). The stump would have to be quite huge around to make a cabin from it though, something like an old redwood tree. It could be done in such a way to be obvious that they are made of 'Lincoln' blocks, all except the tree stump.

A matching door and some windows would be awesome as well...something unique that would fit into the windows and doorway of the cabin walls, like what Shadowplay did with the villa set. Of course, you would need to include a bundled set with this, too, should you decide to follow through with it. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Copyrights? Who invented him? Thought he was a legit mythos dude? :confused:

Uwk
    who wonders if it was Disney's idea... ;->
    Merriel likes this.
  18. Rawl Well-Known Member

1. James MacGillivray
    2. Paul Bunyan is a fictional giant lumberjack. James MacGillivray wrote about Bunyan in 1910, which is the earliest writing about Bunyan that we know about. A few years later, in 1916, William Laughead was writing an advertisement, and decided to use Bunyan in what he was writing, and decided to make him a giant.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Who knew (well, obviously, Rawl did...never mind)?

Disney did a couple of things about him; the more well-known one was the animated version, where he was "53 axe-handles high," but there was a live-action movie too, called _Tall Tale: The Unbelievable Adventures of Pecos Bill_ (1995), which included not only Paul (a regular-sized, if hearty-appetite, dude who resented what logging had become [more clear-cut destruction than long-term selective-cutting], played by Oliver Pratt; the rest of the cast was also seriously awesome!), but also John Henry, Pecos Bill, Calamity Jane, etc. They don't show it much, or talk about it, but it was a great movie. :)

Uwk
    who notices they had much reverence for the Code of the West/North/South, but not much for the East, where the city-slicker greedhead was coming from... ;->
    Merriel likes this.
  20. Rawl Well-Known Member

Yeah, that tv series/moive sounds somewhat familiar, although I don't really remember any of it. Code of the East = Morris Code ;) *joking*