Player Studio anyone?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Terrorpeutic, Oct 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Terrorpeutic Guest

Has anyone tried to make their own items? Would like some feedback before I spend time on it. Thanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Terrorpeutic Guest

Umm. Sorry, I should make myself clear. I'm not looking for How to do it, but the results from it. So:
    How much time are involved in creating a piece? Are the programs difficult to learn?
    How original can the items be? Am I combining ready made images to create a new piece, or do I get to do it from scratch (draw or download my own images)? I've only seen a few weapons and shields that seem to be minor appearance change from some in-game items; they're nice but I'm not impressed enough to spend sc or gold on.
    For example, I'd like to make a robe with large sleeves that'll fly around when fighting/ moving. How plausible is that idea?
  4. ARCHIVED-bluja000 Guest

Terrorpeutic wrote:
    It sounds like you are able to either improve existing items, or can create entirely new items that can be worked into the game. As far as the programs used, it sounds like you can use any program that doesn't violate the terms and conditions outlined in the tutorial. There was a recent post about some programs being given out free, but I think that's expired. I heard there are free programs that people use, but my understanding is that the ease of use varies for people. It really depends upon what YOU feel is easy, some people enjoy the default game ui, others really hate it and want a completely different look. It's the same thing, I can't tell you what is easy, because my idea of easy can be completely different from yours. I'd suggest you check out the tutorial, and go based off that.
  5. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Terrorpeutic wrote:
    At least at first, you can create two types of things:
    • House Items
    • Cloaks (you can just change the texture, not the actual model)
    So based on that, you can create pretty much any object that can be placed in a house, up to 2,000 polygons.
    We won't be able to make armor sets, weapons, shields, clothing, etc. at launch and possibly for a long time. Just taking an existing armor set in EQ2 and re-coloring it is a tremendous amount of work. I am not sure how soon they will expose this level of complexity to players.
    Also, I don't want to be rude, but I just have to say a LOT of the questions people are asking about PlayerStudio could be answered in even the most cursory of readings of the articles posted at SOE.com and EverQuest2.com. Folks who endeavour to create items for PlayerStudio will need to have the patience to actually read the material that's already been given, plus be familiar with 3D modeling and texturing software. Flames cheerfully ignored.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    I pretty much lost all interest right there.
  7. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

we don't have the tools to make armor sets.
    they even explained it becuase thre's what, 13 different races, all with diferent potential parameters, and different genders that you'd have to make an armor set work on.
    as of right now there's simply no way for you to build an armor set that wouldn't massively screw up on some race or some gender somewhere.
    Weapons...apparently weapons in EQ2 have bones in them, for the animation process. we might get to play with weapons later, (since bones and such is a more complex thing then just modeling/texturing) IF the studio does well enough that they think adding it would be worth it.
    So probably never going to see player made armor, but if enough people participate, we probably will get to see weapons/shields later.
    however, that being said, I don't see any reason that you can't make a weapon rack, or a wall mounted weapon as a house item, provided you stay under the 2k poly limit.