play lvl 85 tank or start new?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Crawlock, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Crawlock New Member

Hi all, I am thinking of returning to eq2 after over a year,. Back in the day I leveled a Pally to 85 with teir 1 armor of the latest expansion back then...desert of flames?
    My question now is...play the 85 tank or start a new class? I have to say I logged in and have no idea how to play a tank anymore :p No idea what skills to use etc.
    What would you suggest?
    As i have as much fun playing a dps class as well as a tank, what class would be most needed should i choose to reroll?

Thanks in advance guys :)

Crawl
  2. Kesstryl Member

I would read over your spells and what they do, then go solo for a bit and get re-acquainted. I've had alts that I haven't' touched in over a year, but when I do log into them, it doesn't take long to relearn the class or know which spells to put into rotation. Google some AA builds - Ten Ton Hammer has a few guides devoted to AAs - and spec your AA trees with how you think you will want to play your pally. You should start to feel comfortable again after a few days.
  3. mouser Well-Known Member

Start a new pally, level it up to about 30 or so, and you'll get enough of the hang of things to go back to your 85 and make more sense of what everything is.