Platinum Membership

Discussion in 'Account Related Support' started by ARCHIVED-Simkins1, Oct 2, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Simkins1 Guest

I'm pretty sure this has been talked about already, but a quick search is not bring up the information I am looking for. It looks like the Platinum Member has been done away with, and it looks like it's "kinda" replaced by a Gold 1 year reoccuring membership with 500sc pionts a month.
    I found information that says as long as I keep my plat account active I can keep the platinum membership. One of the main perks to the platinum membership was that 500sc. The 1 year gold membership is only 119.00 a year, and now it seems you're giving 500sc to that tier. I am paying 200 a year for the plat and was wondering if it was going to be worth keeping.
    The only other benefits I am getting with Platinum is 5 LoN booster cards a month, and if I remember right I am getting the basic editions of all expansions free, or have been, though I've been spending the extra cash and getting the digital deluxe editions. Will I still get those benefits?
    I have to admit I'm kinda disappionted. Right when EQ2 went free I went to Platinum and have been there ever since. I've put alot of time and money into this game, and it's really going to be disappionting to have it all go to waste if I lose interest with the new changes going on.
    Sony has not been making me feel like they care about my loyality, or business. I have seriously been thinking of taking the funds I spend here and moving over to DDO. Their new Underdark expansion has been sounding pretty sweet.
    I hope Sony starts doing something that makes me feel it's worth my money to stay.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lamatu Guest

I wanted to let you know that the free 500 SC a month comes with all Gold subs whether thay pay monthly or yearly as long as its a recurring sub.
    The free LoN booster packs also come with with any paid membership.
    There is currently only two expansions for purchase and those are Velious and Age of Discovery.
  3. ARCHIVED-DasUberFuzzy Guest

Also now gold get 3 goblin tickets each month too
  4. ARCHIVED-Simkins1 Guest

Wow. I thought I was special with what I thought was all these extras. Only thing special about me is I've been paying 200 (almost double everyone else) for a years access. Pretty screw up Sony.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

there was a post, last expansion, made by smokejumper explaining platinum. if i remember correctly, the last expansion was the last included expansion.
    there was also discussion abt platinum last year when all went F2P.
    the benefits of platinum don't seem worth it. if it was me, i would feel like i was wasting my money and switch to annual Gold Sub.