Plate Tanks surpass brawlers in Avoidance

Discussion in 'General Fighter Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Novusod, Aug 3, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Corydonn Guest

A mythical shield. Quit trying to get other classes nerfed since this is obviously a plate tank troll topic of being mad.
  2. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

Corydonn wrote:
    In other words you conceed the point because you lost the argument on all logical grounds.
  3. ARCHIVED-Corydonn Guest

Novusod wrote:
    There is no logic behind what you are saying a brawler with block weapons will have more avoidance than a plate tank with myth shield. There is no winning with you, "My ideas are right even ripostes effecting fail effects because I say so."
  4. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

He also continuously ignores the shield is level 90.
    A level 1 plate tank with a handcrafted shield has like 60% uncontested block. mad?
  5. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

Malevolencexx@Nagafen wrote:
    It is the level of the wearer not the level of the shield that matters. The reason a level 1 plate tank got 60% uncontested block from even the junkiest of shields was because a level 1 character required very little block protection to reach the cap. This was tested quite extensively a few years back. A level 92 player with 2230 protection gains 24.24% block. The level of the shield does not change the conversion. If you have a different formula that proves I wrong I would like to see it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

A level 92 player will get more block from a level 92 shield with 2k protection than a level 90 shield with 2k protection.
  7. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

ok, i just did a basic test. a lvl 26 Pally with a shield, had 17.9% Block Chance. leveled to 27 and maxed Defensive skilled. Same shield, block is know 16.6%. so the level of the user does have an effect on the % of block you get from a shield. If there is something wrong with my test let me know.
  8. ARCHIVED-EverDog Guest

What I believe is that Shield Block Chance is actually contested with Enemy's Level.
    What detemines Actuall block chance are 1,Item Level of the Shield 2,Protection of the Shield 3,Block Chance Mod 4,Enemy's Level who attacks you.
    What Persona window show us is just X% only when the opponent is at your level.
    I can be wrong but at least i believe so.
  9. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

EverDog wrote:
    You are wrong, block is uncontested regardless of anyone's level, and it's been this way for YEARS.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=481258
    If you don't belive the post from Xelgad himself, make a level 1 tank and pull city guards and marvel as you block 60% of their auto attacks.

And yes, a lower level shield gives less block chance than a higher level shield with the same protection. Want to know a secret? Physical and magical mitigation work the same way and have for YEARS. People need to learn how the game works before they argue about avoidance balance.
  10. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Novusod wrote:
    Novusod wrote:
    Novusod wrote:
    Novusod wrote:
    Novusod wrote:
    Novusod wrote:
    You have officially said 'Mythical shield" more times in this thread than exist in the game. If you're worried about future itemization in the fall GU then maybe wait until the GU hits the test server to see what the itemization is going to be. If your P.O.'ed about 6 plate fighters having a higher avoid/mit than 2600 brawlers than just forget it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

The fact still remains a level 92 plate tank with the best sheild in the game will have more avoidance than the best brawlers. There are only a handful of raiding slots a the high end and if there are more of these shields than are slots than brawlers could end up getting shut out of the top tier raid game. They are making the next GU as this debate is going on. Supposedly these mythicals will be needed to defeat Kerafyrm and will be made even better afterward. This thread is to ensure that brawlers get adjusted so they are always top in avoidance and remain viable tanks in raids.
  12. ARCHIVED-Atombomb Guest

Novusod wrote:
    You make it sound like brawlers are liker zerkers and arent still amazing tanks.. You must be terrible if you feel like brawlers are this close to no longer being viable tank options...
  13. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

I did very well as a tank prior to GU64 but after the great brawler nerf not so well. My bruiser is in pretty much the same boat as my Zerker. The Zerker is actually very under rated right now for some fights because of their passive and temp ability to heal through unwardable damage. Meanwhile the bruiser is incredibly weak against this type of damage. If I dodge I take damage, if I get hit I take damage. Lose - Lose situation. The whole deal has me considering just switching to Zerker.
  14. ARCHIVED-Corydonn Guest

The game was just cleared by a guild with two bruisers on the roster. Arguement invalid.
  15. ARCHIVED-Atombomb Guest

Wow just wow.. You think every other class doesnt have to deal with the on melee or the on avoid damage?? Ill give you a hint that im sure you knew being the tanking guru you clearly are.. The avoid one? doesnt hit for as much and the on hit one? doesnt hit for much now either.. GL with tanking on a zerker tho, clearly that will solve all your tanking problems.. Im surprised all the other end game raiding zerkers arent doing as well as the brawlers are, oh wait, im not surprised..
    Whats hilarious is you are talking about how you are going to switch to your zerker (lol) because your bruiser is so bad (lol) when like cory said the xpac was just cleared using 2 bruisers... You cant make this stuff up man.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Novusod wrote:
    Avoidance reports or it didn't happen.
  17. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

Faildozer@Permafrost wrote:
    That is not true. Goreslaughter's on hit damage for my bruiser was between 16k to 18k while the on avoid damage was between 30k and 38k. Guess which one was killing me faster. Bruiser is pretty much junk tank while taking that kind of damage.
    Also the Mythical Shield on Eq2wire is reading as level 92 with 2230 protection and there are atleast 15 of them floating around. Probably are 100s of them considering they drop from Sky Shrine instance that can be farmed every 90 minutes. So lets stop with lying about shield level lets get back on topic of plate tanks having more avoidance than brawlers.
    I will get you an avoidance report as soon as I am done farming my own mythical shield.
  18. ARCHIVED-EverDog Guest

I heard that there is 'protecting lvl 1 chatacter system' which provide a massive avoidance bonus to lvl 1 character.
    If this is the case, you can not test anything by using lvl 1 character.
    Also, if protections and mitigations are not contested with Enemy's level but your own level,
    it will bring a problem like you hit next level and you lose your actual block chance and mitigation
    that sounds strange.
  19. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

EverDog wrote:
    Well... that's exactly how it works. Haven't you ever looked at the percent mitigation you get on a piece of gear? It says right on the gear how much you get and as you level up, it goes down. Ever looked at your block chance after you level up? I have some bad news for ya... it goes down.
    Block chance can be tested at any level... if you are level 30 with 20% block chance you should expect to block roughly 20% auto attacks from level 100x4 mobs. Which, a level 30 blocking anything from a 100x4 pretty much proves it's uncontested. I mean, I can prove it to you guys if you want, but it's gonna be a day or two before I have the time and feel like it. As if Xelgad's word isn't proof enough.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Novusod wrote:
    So you have no proof or any way to test/prove it... got it.